• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How not to Run a Company in 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The people trying to doom here (Panda) is either mad that anyone can get a blue check so no more elites or that the Dems lose their propaganda apparatus.

The facts are

Twitter users and usage has gone up
Any account impersonating gets Perma ban
People getting and trolling with the blue check is not gona destroy twitter

Reactions: sombrerosonic

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people trying to doom here (Panda) is either mad that anyone can get a blue check so no more elites or that the Dems lose their propaganda apparatus.

The facts are

I could give a sh!t bout the blue check .. the issue has been and still is moderation

Everyone in the world can have a Twitter account but it’s does not matter if there is
1.no advertising
2. less then 50% of user don’t pay $8?
3 all the adult employees leave
4.you got the FTC On Twitters butt
5.publicly tell your employees that the company might not have enough money for the end of the month.
6.Bankrupty is in play

Elon Musk warns Twitter could face bankruptcy as top executives flee

Post automatically merged:

I mean what company’s VP of public relations or advertising strategy, wouldn’t want a chance to have their company’s image destroyed

Last edited by djpannda,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The racism is when Elon announce he officially took over Twitter and was going to stop censorship people instantly created account to say Ni@@er and other slurs (and I think you mean South African)

Racial slur usage triples on Twitter in first week of Musk takeover: study

Lol and? Those are throwaway accounts that were created knowing they will be prema, they are created with the context of disrupting and creating havoc for the LOLZ

And it takes around 6 hours to take them down… 6hour? That’s not long?

It’s long enough to make Lilly use about 10-15 BILLION
NOT To mention the lost of company image for everyone else

P.s preventive answer people saying “lol so what they are big pharma and over charge” are the same people who crying bout inflation and economy..
The lost of Billions from any company will have big effect in the economy.

wait are you elon? because otherwise id hope youd care about the economy too, i mean granted, i get it, mandatory lupron for kids IS enticing, but, eating is nice too.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait are you elon? because otherwise id hope youd care about the economy too, i mean granted, i get it, mandatory lupron for kids IS enticing, but, eating is nice too.
What does economy have to do with allowing neonazi wannabe wanting to say racial slurs the first chance they got? If you cared bout a company economic well being…you wouldn’t let it happen.. you know because investors tend to care if people are spewing hate speech

(weird how you are pivoting from “what racism?” To “ so what?” After confronted)

Also Elon doesn’t give a f4@k bout the economy otherwise he wouldn’t be laughing on the at the fact he is destroying companies image and stock
470B8FED-ECCB-448A-93E9-4C434E1C6058.jpeg

Oh look the advertisement company thats does BILLONS IN ADS
https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/11/23453575/omnicom-media-group-twitter-advertising-pause
Omnicom, one of the world’s biggest ad firms, representing brands like McDonald’s, Apple, and PepsiCo cites the deep layoffs of Twitter trust and safety teams, the resignations of high-profile executives, and the slew of “verified” impersonation accounts as being key issues for advertisers. There is “evidence that the risk to our clients’ brand safety has risen sharply to a level most would find unacceptable,” the memo reads. “We recommend pausing activity on Twitter in the short term until the platform can prove it has reintroduced safeguards to an acceptable level and has regained control of its environment.”

Last edited by djpannda,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pardon my ignorance, but wasn't Twitter a vehicle for all sorts of bullshit before Musk took over? It's easy to point to racism, but those things happen over mail, phone, letter and so on as well. As such, the occurrence isn't exactly proof of its failure.

I haven't watched the situation too closely, but i thought the verification is a means to gain revenue after(apparently) continually running at a loss. Unless I'm mistaken, it's not aimed at being a sort of foolproof verification. And... While i obviously don't agree with the massive layoffs, i think that's further proof of not trying to do full verifications (what? You thought Elon could do more with only half the employees?).

But meanwhile, all sorts of political players happily pay for the privilege of pissing off their opponents (heck... If Elon would allow Trump his account back, he can probably wait in line amidst people paying for it :P). So... Less employees to pay and a new means of revenue... Isn't this what capitalism is supposed to be about? :unsure:

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does economy have to do with allowing neonazi wannabe wanting to say racial slurs the first chance they got? If you cared bout a company economic well being…you wouldn’t let it happen.. you know because investors tend to care if people are spewing hate speech

(weird how you are pivoting from “what racism?” To “ so what?” After confronted)

Also Elon doesn’t give a f4@k bout the economy otherwise he wouldn’t be laughing on the at the fact he is destroying companies image and stock
View attachment 336977

Oh look the advertisement company thats does BILLONS IN ADS
https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/11/23453575/omnicom-media-group-twitter-advertising-pause
Omnicom, one of the world’s biggest ad firms, representing brands like McDonald’s, Apple, and PepsiCo cites the deep layoffs of Twitter trust and safety teams, the resignations of high-profile executives, and the slew of “verified” impersonation accounts as being key issues for advertisers. There is “evidence that the risk to our clients’ brand safety has risen sharply to a level most would find unacceptable,” the memo reads. “We recommend pausing activity on Twitter in the short term until the platform can prove it has reintroduced safeguards to an acceptable level and has regained control of its environment.”

you seem really tilted, and im sorry you buy into nonsense you should get some help. Also to take a page of your sides book " its a private company he can do whatever he wants."

Reactions: djpannda

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seem really tilted, and im sorry you buy into nonsense you should get some help. Also to take a page of your sides book " its a private company he can do whatever he wants."
Agree, just as investors can abandon ship. Issue is that him and the Far right are going to claim that it’s the woke left that took Twitter down and refused to acknowledge its was Elon own incompetence

Reactions: KingVamp

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree, just as investors can abandon ship. Issue is that him and the Far right are going to claim that it’s the woke left that took Twitter down and refused to acknowledge its was Elon own incompetence

well how can he and something that doesnt exist do something? and how can it be him if he just took over a little while ago?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure a( the legality of a rinse/repeat is questionable at best i sure hope no other social media platforms fall for musk's scam pretty sure Mark isn't THAT greedy to let musk bury facebook on purpose and b wonder if he had a revenge deal with trump going on? so that may mean fb might be next

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twitter will be fine(sadly), if you really want to see how to NOT run a company, just look up "SBF-FTX".

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who thought Elon Musk was anything other than a rich kid ideas guy with zero skills whatsoever has been so easily duped that I wonder what other dumb shit they believe too. I'm so glad that Twitter is making people realize he's just some dumbfuck with deep pockets, and a big friend of Jeffery Epstein. Nothing else.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The facts are

also isn't the tag like the @XYZ thing also a layer of protection?

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Twitter, Meta, and TikTok died over night, the world would honestly be a much better place. Sure, we'd get replacements almost instantly, but it'd still be pretty nice for the short term.
Why are you mad at these sites and not 4chan, 8chan/8kun, and so on which have actual bodycounts tied to them lol

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How?
Certainly not for the investor.
It does seem to be his stated goal.

Vulture capitalism for those not familiar (it has been a few decades since it was popular) is a term used to describe a thing where some firm will come in, buy a business, gut it for anything valuable (leases, buildings, stock, employees, machines) and leave the rest to wither and die. The idea being some company might own more in materials than the ostensible value of the company according to the stock market and thus you come in, sell off all their materials at market rates (or possibly use them instead of buying it yourself, which is probably closer to what this is aiming for), net a tidy profit and run away to do it again. In this case his stated goal was he things Twitter's underlying technology (and possibly user base) means he can leapfrog a few years of development time for his everything application (time is money and all that, even more so if someone gets the jump on you and builds it before you). I don't get it myself for the technical side (technology at scale does mean real problems get solved over the simplistic thing that any programmer could knock together something that works for a few hundred people for in an afternoon), and the user base was very small actually compared to most other companies working in the same space ( https://backlinko.com/social-media-users covers various things, Twitter is and has long been lower on the list than many others with its growth having stalled somewhat in recent years as well) nor composed of particularly high quality users (you don't care about some poor kid in India where some trust fund kiddy in the Los Angeles hills you value rather higher on the monetisation side of things. Likewise I can't imagine the inane witterings of a few so called journalists and acting/singing unit 3073 are a particular draw as much as both of those classes would like to think it is).

Anyway as for the matter at hand so you (in this case you being a fairly rich man that got stupidly rich courtesy of ridiculously hype in your car company) buy a company that has no users, much less crazy valuable ones, that is existing purely on the whims of venture capital, loans and handouts from those that care to pay you to attempt to control the narrative/discourse as befits their whims, is full of pampered useless people (I am sure we all saw the day in the life of the tech professional non tech worker videos (quite like this series if you do want a catch up, can't remember if that was a twitter one but it is all much of a muchness for tech companies like this) at best and corrupt as you like at worst, all for too much money even by the standards of the overinflated stock price during an economic downturn everybody and their dog saw coming. In an attempt to stem the bleeding you take a scythe to management (whether a company is downstream of management or upstream of employees is a debate you can have), the fluff (see previous linked videos) and things potentially bottlenecking your growth potential (overly censorious types on your platform that is ostensibly about speaking to people), try to undo some of the damage of some of the previous lot, take a somewhat derided policy and instead turn it into a money earner (possibly a bit premature or heavy handed if you instead do probably want to coddle some people and make them feel they are special, though pain now for better outcome is a possibility).
In the end if it becomes a free speech platform then we win, if it remains the same and just idles doing not a lot while being containment for useless people then we win, and if it implodes possibly taking him down with it (I would probably view him more favourably than most of the billionaire set but that is not a high barrier to pass, and I do still remember hyperloop and the hot air that is Tesla) then we win. From where I sit makes more sense than buying a newspaper as a vanity project would in current space year (nobody reads/trusts/cares about newspapers any more, buying one then being even more of a waste of money). In the end nothing of value gets lost.

Reactions: MicroNut99

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think he probably genuinely thought he was going to make it better (by whatever his definition is).. unfortunately he didn't have any good ideas on how to achieve that.

As somone who barely goes on Twitter (maybe once a month) it wouldn't bother me if he gutted and destroyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!