Hacking How to change the system menu region for your Wii!

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand which wad's to install, but what IOS's do you install to when the WAD Manager prompts you?

Do you install the 16 to 16, the 36 to 36? And which one do you install the fix to?

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
harrypmgaga said:
I understand which wad's to install, but what IOS's do you install to when the WAD Manager prompts you?

Do you install the 16 to 16, the 36 to 36? And which one do you install the fix to?

Yes, yes and yes. I tried that WAD and works perfectly.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG LOL

I know what WAD to install, which IOS to install to? When you choose a WAD the Manager asks you to install to a particular IOS, which one do I choose?

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
harrypmgaga said:
OMG LOL

I know what WAD to install, which IOS to install to? When you choose a WAD the Manager asks you to install to a particular IOS, which one do I choose?

In WAD Manger, install IOS-36-64-v1042.wad first, then IOS-16-64-v257.wad and finally the cIOSfix.wad. After that, press the HOME button to return to The Homebrew Channel.

^^There.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harrypmgaga said:
Don't worry, I don't think you understand what I'm asking, I'll wait for someone else to respond.
you leave it at default.
which is 249.

if you dont have 249 as an option, you have no CIOS

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or use signcheck to see which IOSs you have that are trucha bugged and allow flash access. reinstalling cIOS should really fix your troubles though. rev13 or 14 are ok.

GlowingMice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
well antokan i read your guide and it really helped me..this is what i did since hackmii gave me an error saying there were no vulnerable ios's so it coulnt not continue with the homebrew channel installation.

i loaded up bannerbomb and put wad manager 1.5 dol on the root of my sd card and loaded it. i chose ios 20 or 21 and i was able to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad
then i reloaded bannerbomb and used ios36 to install cios_fix.wad which is cIOS rev7 i believe.
then i realoaded bannerbomb and wad manager yet again and used ios249 to install IOS16-64-v257.wad and finally i was able to install bootmii as an ios and also the homebrew channel..

bootmii has no frozen while trying to make a Nandbackup..ill have to shut it off right now and hopefully nothing bad happens which i doubt..so im almost there..hopefullly soon il have a full 4.1korean wii to full 4.1 USA wii. thanks again antonkan , your guide really pointed me inthe right direction. i thought all hope was lost for this wii until hackmii was updated..

I think I'm having the same problem you had. But I have no clue how to install those wads. I copied wad manager 1.5 on root of my SD card (boot.dol), loaded it, but cannot see IOS20, IOS36, IOS249 or whatsoever on the menu. Instead, I could choose IOS16, IOS21 and something else which pops error message if I choose them. Are those IOS20, 36, 249 something I need to get separetely? If those are, what should i do to install those into Wii?

Many thanks

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GlowingMice said:
retiredjerk said:
well antokan i read your guide and it really helped me..this is what i did since hackmii gave me an error saying there were no vulnerable ios's so it coulnt not continue with the homebrew channel installation.

i loaded up bannerbomb and put wad manager 1.5 dol on the root of my sd card and loaded it. i chose ios 20 or 21 and i was able to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad
then i reloaded bannerbomb and used ios36 to install cios_fix.wad which is cIOS rev7 i believe.
then i realoaded bannerbomb and wad manager yet again and used ios249 to install IOS16-64-v257.wad and finally i was able to install bootmii as an ios and also the homebrew channel..

bootmii has no frozen while trying to make a Nandbackup..ill have to shut it off right now and hopefully nothing bad happens which i doubt..so im almost there..hopefullly soon il have a full 4.1korean wii to full 4.1 USA wii. thanks again antonkan , your guide really pointed me inthe right direction. i thought all hope was lost for this wii until hackmii was updated..

I think I'm having the same problem you had. But I have no clue how to install those wads. I copied wad manager 1.5 on root of my SD card (boot.dol), loaded it, but cannot see IOS20, IOS36, IOS249 or whatsoever on the menu. Instead, I could choose IOS16, IOS21 and something else which pops error message if I choose them. Are those IOS20, 36, 249 something I need to get separetely? If those are, what should i do to install those into Wii?

Many thanks

Try using the GUI version of WAD Manger. I think it you get errors though.

GlowingMice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
GlowingMice said:
retiredjerk said:

Many thanks

Thanks, but is there a way to use GUI version without homebrew? Because the homebrew is the reason why Im trying to install these wads..
frown.gif

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GlowingMice said:
antonkan said:
GlowingMice said:
retiredjerk said:

Many thanks

Thanks, but is there a way to use GUI version without homebrew? Because the homebrew is the reason why Im trying to install these wads..
frown.gif

Just for installing WADs, mate. Download here.

GlowingMice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
GlowingMice said:
antonkan said:
GlowingMice said:
retiredjerk said:

Many thanks

frown.gif

Just for installing WADs, mate. Download here.

Thanks a lot antonkan!!

lctham

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi Guys,

Thanks to the OP for a great guide on how to do this. I just have a couple of questions before I try doing this:

1. I am wanting to just change my wii shop region (from Europe/PAL to USA/NTSC), do I need to do the steps to change the wii system firmware? ie. change from 4.1E to 3.1U back to 4.1U??eg. can I just do step 16 and ignore steps 1-15?

2. How come you state "Before removing your Wii Shop Account, be sure to check and enter your serial number on your Wii, found below of your console (without vertical stand)."?? Why do I need to take note of this?

3. I don't need to change the game region if I just want to get NTSC dlc right?

4. By installing all these IOS's and CIOSfix.wad, will it remove the current rev14 CIOS I currently have? ie. will I have to re-install rev14?

Thanks for all your answers in advance!!

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lctham said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks to the OP for a great guide on how to do this. I just have a couple of questions before I try doing this:

1. I am wanting to just change my wii shop region (from Europe/PAL to USA/NTSC), do I need to do the steps to change the wii system firmware? ie. change from 4.1E to 3.1U back to 4.1U??eg. can I just do step 16 and ignore steps 1-15?

2. How come you state "Before removing your Wii Shop Account, be sure to check and enter your serial number on your Wii, found below of your console (without vertical stand)."?? Why do I need to take note of this?

3. I don't need to change the game region if I just want to get NTSC dlc right?

4. By installing all these IOS's and CIOSfix.wad, will it remove the current rev14 CIOS I currently have? ie. will I have to re-install rev14?

Thanks for all your answers in advance!!
[*]Yes. Use the official Nintendo updater. Steps 1-15 is very required, you'll always have to do that.[*]I stated that removing Wii Shop account will always require a serial number. Be sure to use that.[*]No. You may need to change the system menu region to get NTSC-U DLC content.[*]It won't remove your cIOS.That's my answer to you.

Off-topic: I was offline yesterday becuase GBAtemp was very slow. So today I went there, just came to answer your questions in my guide.

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
2yugimoto said:
Why would we want to change our region??

use backup launcher r6 and set to ur regn and it will make the pal games into ur regon (im ntsc btw)
not sure about japan tho....
That's for playing Wii backup games, so I believe you can't change the system menu region. So we're talking about changing system menu region of your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi can make an AI babe lol.