Hacking How to change the system menu region for your Wii!

lekens123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
HIi !! my wii is 4.1kor and i cant use Hackwii v03, freeze at the first image appears and control remote doesnt work, so i cant install HBC, i try to downgrade fw or change region but dont have luck, thing is that i use wad manager to install some IOS then (15-v266, 36-v3609) and still cant change region and firmware to 4.1E or U, i used downgrade 1.11 and anyregion1 and i get blackscreen, i dont what else to do, any idea ???? thx

sidewild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I followed this guide and changed the region of my Jap wii to US following the guide found here

I changed the game region as well.

However, when I went back in to change the shop channel with anyregionchanger, there was a few errors at the beginning of the program, and once the program fully loaded, the program gave a warning that the system menu and region don't match even though they do. Do you think that there is a problem? Or should I just ignore this?

Thanks.. .

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lekens123 said:
HIi !! my wii is 4.1kor and i cant use Hackwii v03, freeze at the first image appears and control remote doesnt work, so i cant install HBC, i try to downgrade fw or change region but dont have luck, thing is that i use wad manager to install some IOS then (15-v266, 36-v3609) and still cant change region and firmware to 4.1E or U, i used downgrade 1.11 and anyregion1 and i get blackscreen, i dont what else to do, any idea ???? thx
Wow, running on 4.1K ,eh? Try using another homebrew loader if that works.

QUOTE(sidewild @ Sep 26 2009, 07:27 AM) I followed this guide and changed the region of my Jap wii to US following the guide found here

I changed the game region as well.

However, when I went back in to change the shop channel with anyregionchanger, there was a few errors at the beginning of the program, and once the program fully loaded, the program gave a warning that the system menu and region don't match even though they do. Do you think that there is a problem? Or should I just ignore this?

Thanks.. .
Did you install some IOS WADs including in my download? I didn't get errors on AnyRegionChanger. The system menu region and console region will get matched and won't brick your Wii. If it's not matched, then you'll get a semi-brick. Don't let your Wii bricked!

sidewild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks for the reply!

As I said, I followed all your instructions. I installed everything that you said to. However, even though the region is now set to USA, and the system is set to USA, and the shop channel, and the game region are all USA. (and upgrated to 4.1) when I try to load up anyregionchanger now there are two errors at the beginning (before I should press the A button) And, once I enter the main menu now(after pressing 1), even thoiugh everything is set to USA, it reports that the regions don't match. There were no errors while doing the mosifications, only after.

Question: Why do you need to use Winonkoko region changer after using anyregionchanger, and before updating through the system menu? I used it, but I am curious as to why. It should have been set to the new region, and not the old one, right?

Could this have something to do with a mod chip?

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sidewild said:
Question: Why do you need to use Winonkoko region changer after using anyregionchanger, and before updating through the system menu? I used it, but I am curious as to why. It should have been set to the new region, and not the old one, right?
Because it will[[/] be a new region. Select to USA if you're using Waninkoko's Wii Region Changer.

sidewild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yes, I can access the menu settings. That is the strnage thing about this, there is no issues other than anyregionchanger suddenly acting strange after the change

I noticed now that I have double channels for news and weather though. Is this normal?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
sidewild said:
Yes, I can access the menu settings. That is the strnage thing about this, there is no issues other than anyregionchanger suddenly acting strange after the change

I noticed now that I have double channels for news and weather though. Is this normal?

You can get rid of em using Duplicate Channel remover 2.1

sidewild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I know what I was doing wrong now. I didn't reinstall the ios wads and the ciosfix after the update - that is why there was an error. I used bootmii to install a backup and started over fresh, and all is well now. I only need to remove the old channels.

Thanks.. .

draskopf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same problems as some people but have not seen any way to fix the probelm.

ios36 v1042 ended with error ret - 2011
ios16 v257 worked perfect
cios_fix ended with error ret - 2011

iosrev8 downloading ios worked perfetc
installing ios ended with installing ticket error ret - 2011

anyregion changer does nothing blank screen

any suggestions?

rcxwillie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
awesome guide, changed my Wii-J to USA system menu, and updated to 4.1U

only change was using cios38r14 instead of the original rev8.

Thanks for the guide!

lufu5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi, i have a virgin jap wii set, the system is 4.0J. how should i go about changing the region to US? hope some kind souls can help me out.... if i follow this guide, can i change my 4.0J to 4.0U??

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello i apreciate if somebody could answer this question.I have a friend who is going to buy a new wii ,the black one ,are this news ones also region changeable? cuz hes going to buy a pal wii in spain and wants to bring it here to south america.

whamarcelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wimu said:
Hello i apreciate if somebody could answer this question.I have a friend who is going to buy a new wii ,the black one ,are this news ones also region changeable? cuz hes going to buy a pal wii in spain and wants to bring it here to south america.

I have the same scenario (Black PAL Wii with 4.1E, and want to change it to 4.1U), can I use this tutorial?

whamarcelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have another question, in step 15, nowadays, if I update via nintendo update it will update to 4.2? I'll have problems with this to change my region?

CharlieFarly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rightly, or wrongly I did follow these instructions on my NTSC-U 4.2U Wii and convert it to a PAL 4.2E system.

However before I proceeded I did install BootMii and make a NAND backup.

I already had HBC installed, so it was easy to follow the instructions. I used the 'original' ARC so initially this downgraded my system to 3.2E, and then used the Wii's own upgrade system to move back up to 4.2E.

Used AnyTitle deleter to sort out the multiple News and Weather channels I had. One gotcha I had was that despite the fact that I told ARC I wanted to change the Video mode from NTSC to PAL, it remained at NTSC after I'd done everything. Didn't realise that had occured until after I'd moved back to 4.2E so had to use DOP-IOS MOD to restore the Trucha Bug to enable me to reset this setting in ARC.

However, I now (appear) to have an working PAL 4.2E based system, complete with the Wii Shop and BBC iPlayer. Only thing left now is to get my mod-chip region sorted, need to speak to something I know who is handy with a Soldering Iron about that. However, have in the meantime installed Priiloader to skip the region checking. PAL games that wouldn't previously work, are now working fine!.

I should add that really I'm a complete noobie at this stuff, I just following others instructions.

Regards

Charlie.

mizzeeboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there i have 2 questions first of all I have formatted my wii and it is at 4.1e and now I am trying this tutorial and I try to install it with all my BASIC IOS's but it won't let me this is the error message I get error = -1035 I only have the wii's wads i have not done any softmodding at all i am new to it.

second of all which ios should I install it from

thanks

MIZAAN SHAMAUN

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should not use this method, it installs some outdated ios that do not function on some newer wiis. If you want to region change your wii, follow the guide in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9