Hacking How to change the system menu region for your Wii!

p3r3z0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyy. iwanna do this to my ps3. is it the same thing or diff. i wanna play game but yu have to be in a japan region

nondan

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, i have 2 wii's i would like to change the region of.

1. first system i believe is running 4.1u in english and is chipped, this is a white version that i believe was originally a korean version.

2. second system is a black wii, running 4.0u, no chip and again originally a korean version.

they are already in english but when i try to select country to australia, its not available, options begin with antigua from memory?

can i use this method on both these machines??

i am a novice and dont want to brick them both!
wtf.gif

JerryLopez

Trophies
XP
First of all I would like to thank you for this information. I recently had semi-bricked my wii and I thought I was really screwed. I was an idiot and was playing around with the region changer. I won't do that again. I searched on the internet for 2 whole days to fix this problem and thought it was never going to get fixed. Then I came across this site and read your instructions and instantly had my WII working again. All the problems got fixed. Thank you so much.

Rishino

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I would like to say 'hello world!' for my 300th post. Thank you to all, people at GBAtemp!

This topic shows a guide on how to change the system menu region for your Wii. For example, 4.1J (NTSC-J or Japan) changed to 4.1U (American or NTSC-U) or 4.1E (Europe or PAL), or vice versa. You must have a American, Japanese or European Wii. To look to your Wii serial number is found on the below side on your Wii if it is verticial, left or right side if it is horizontal. If you have a Wii that has serial number LU64 and above, click here.

Disclaimer: AnyRegionChanger and Waninkoko's Wii Region Changer has no warranty at all. Changing the region may be dangerous, so it will brick your Wii (ex. unplugging the Wii, console region not the same as system menu region). So you use it at your own risk.

Here's the steps:

Getting started:[*] Click here to download [*]Click 'Save', when prompting to begin the download, to your Desktop.[*]Extract the contents by using a program that use .ZIP.[*]Click the extracted folder on your Desktop ('WiiRegionMod' folder)[*]Insert your SD card on your computer.[*]In your SD card directory, create the 'apps' folder on your SD card (without quotes) if you don't have one.[*]Copy everything that's included in the WiiRegionMod folder to the apps folder on your SD card.[*]Copy the 'wad' folder (without quotes) to the root of your SD card.[*]Take out your SD card on your computer then put it on your Wii.On your Wii:[*]Turn on your Wii.[*]On the Wii Menu (system menu), navigate to The Homebrew Channel.[*]To avoid an '-1017; error, while you're in The Homebrew Channel, go to WAD Manager.[*]In WAD Manger, install IOS-36-64-v1042.wad first, then IOS-16-64-v257.wad and finally the cIOSfix.wad. After that, press the HOME button to return to The Homebrew Channel.[*]Go to cIOS rev08. In cIOS rev08, choose 'Network Installation' (without quotes).[*]It reboots to the system menu. On the Wii Menu (system menu), navigate to The Homebrew Channel.[*]While you're in The Homebrew Channel, go to AnyRegionChanger.[*]Change your console region and your system menu region to Japan, USA or Europe. (For example, console region must be Japan and your system menu region must be Japan.)
excl.gif
NOT MATCHING YOUR CONSOLE REGION AND YOUR SYSTEM MENU REGION WILL CAUSE A SEMI-BRICK FOR YOUR WII!!
excl.gif
[*](Optional)Changing the game region allows you to launch USA game discs and channels (including Virtual Console and WiiWare) if you set to USA in AnyRegionChanger, and it won't brick your Wii. Change your game's region to USA, Europe or Japan. Otherwise leave it.[*]Navigate to 'Go' (without quotes) then navigate 'Yes' (without quotes) using your Wii Remote while in AnyRegionChanger.[*]Be patient while installing system menu 3.2.[*]After finishing installing system menu 3.2, while you're in AnyRegionChanger, navigate to 'Exit to The Homebrew Channel' (without quotes) to return to The Homebrew Channel. [*]Go to Wii Region Changer (application made by Waninkoko).[*]Press the A button first, then change using the left or right directional pad (a.k.a Control Pad) to your system menu region (Europe, North America or Japan) (for example, 3.2J (Japanese system menu region) = Japan). Then press the A button to continue. [*]Now it restarts. On the Wii Menu (system menu), click the Wii button (located on the bottom left), go to 'Wii Settings' (without quotes, located in the right), press the plus (+) button three times and go to Update. This will update your system menu from 3.2 to 4.1.[*](Optional) If you want to change your Wii Shop Channel country code (ex. from American Wii Shopping Channel to Japanese Wii Shopping Channel), you'll have to remove your Wii Shop Account in Wii Shopping Channel. Before removing your Wii Shop Account, be sure to check and enter your serial number on your Wii, found below of your console (without vertical stand). Now go to The Homebrew Channel while in Wii Menu. In The Homebrew Channel, go to WAD Manger to install IOS-36-64-v1042.wad first, then IOS-16-64-v257.wad and finally the cIOSfix.wad (this will avoid the '-1017' error. Then press the HOME button to return to The Homebrew Channel. Now go to AnyRegionChanger, change your Wii Shop country code. Before that, here's a list of country codes:
Code:
Japan:
[*]1: Japan
Americas:
[*]8: Anguila
[*]9: Antigua and Barbuda
[*]10: Argentina
[*]11: Aruba
[*]12: Bahamas
[*]13: Barbados
[*]14: Belize
[*]15: Bolivia
[*]16: Brazil
[*]17: British Virgin Islands
[*]18: Canada
[*]19: Cayman Islands
[*]20: Chile
[*]21: Colombia
[*]22: Costa Rica
[*]23: Dominica
[*]24: Dominican Republic
[*]25: Ecuador
[*]26: El Salvador
[*]27: French Guiana
[*]28: Grenada
[*]29: Guadeloupe
[*]30: Guatemala
[*]31: Guyana
[*]32: Haiti
[*]33: Honduras
[*]34: Jamaica
[*]35: Martinique
[*]36: Mexico
[*]37: Monsterrat
[*]38: Netherlands Antilles
[*]39: Nicaragua
[*]40: Panama
[*]41: Paraguay
[*]42: Peru
[*]43: St. Kitts and Nevis
[*]44: St. Lucia
[*]45: St. Vincent and the Grenadines
[*]46: Suriname
[*]47: Trinidad and Tobago
[*]48: Turks and Caicos Islands
[*]49: United States
[*]50: Uruguay
[*]51: US Virgin Islands
[*]52: Venezuela
Europe:
[*]64: Albania
[*]65: Australia
[*]66: Austria
[*]67: Belgium
[*]68: Bosnia and Herzegovina
[*]69: Botswana
[*]70: Bulgaria
[*]71: Croatia
[*]72: Cyprus
[*]73: Czech Republic
[*]74: Denmark
[*]75: Estonia
[*]76: Finland
[*]77: France
[*]78: Germany
[*]79: Greece
[*]80: Hungary
[*]81: Iceland
[*]82: Ireland
[*]83: Italy
[*]84: Latvia
[*]85: Lesotho
[*]86: Lichtenstein
[*]87: Lithuania
[*]88: Luxembourg
[*]89: F.Y.R of Macedonia
[*]90: Malta
[*]91: Montenegro
[*]92: Mozambique
[*]93: Namibia
[*]94: Netherlands
[*]95: New Zealand
[*]96: Norway
[*]97: Poland
[*]98: Portugal
[*]99: Romania
[*]100: Russia
[*]101: Serbia
[*]102: Slovakia
[*]103: Slovenia
[*]104: South Africa
[*]105: Spain
[*]106: Swaziland
[*]107: Sweden
[*]108: Switzerland
[*]109: Turkey
[*]110: United Kingdom
[*]111: Zambia
[*]112: Zimbabwe
[*]Now you may change your game region if you want to. Then navigate 'Reboot System Menu' (without quotes) to return to the Wii Menu (system menu). Now go to the Wii Shopping Channel, and... voila! Now your Wii Shopping Channel's country have been changed.Now, your Wii successfully changed your system menu region!

Tested from 4.1U (NTSC-U or American) to 3.2J (Japan or NTSC-J) then 4.1J.

Discuss this topic if you want to, even you have problems.

Would this Work for an 4.3U ?
Cause my wii is 4.3U and i can't access WiiShop. i live on Curacao, an island (Netherlands Antilles [Disbanded] ) So yeah i when i try going to WiiShop Channel it tells me to update later when it successfully Updates , it tell me its not available in my region
plz help Dx

Globox88

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Read my first post, tony727. Try changing your 3.2J (Japanese system menu) to 3.2U (American system menu) or 3.2E (European system menu). Click here!

And of course, there is no way to change to English while in the Japanese system menu.
tongue.gif

Working link for this? I have a 3.4J and want to change it to 3.4E but it just gives me error -1035

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bump.
If I brick my Wii doing this (like corrupting settings.xml or something), will bootMii boot2 be able to save my Wii?

RoxtonHUN

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hy! I need a little help!

I installed IOS-36-64-v1042.wad first, then IOS-16-64-v257.wad and finally the cIOSfix.wad, but when i run the cIOS rev08, the console shows black screen. Anybody can help for me?

I have 4.3J firmware, i want change to 4.3E

Thank You!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Cios rev08? Whatever guide you're following is ancient (edit: I guess it's this thread/guide)

Try using modmii
https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...i-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126/

First run its main wizard to softmod your wii, tell it that your wii is a virgin (unmodified) even if it's not 100% true. It is safe to repeat steps and reinstall/overwrite things.

After completing that wizard, you can run Modmii's region change wizard if u still want to change regions.

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi can make an AI babe lol.