Tutorial  Updated

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

Something that can be frustrating about the way licenses (.tik) work for the Wii U is the fact that they're not deleted when deleting a game. Also, many tickets are found in the same .tik file. I remember when I was doing this for the first time, Lucadian Chronicles, the game I was trying to get rid of the fake ticket for, was lumped in with a Sonic game. lol This tutorial will fix this and possibly prevent cbhc bricks from not testing the bought game on cfw.

First, download tik2sd from here:

Code:
https://github.com/FIX94/tik2sd/releases

Next, open the homebrew launcher using your favorite entry point

Run tik2sd. This may take a few moments, so give it some time. Afterwards, you should have a file named: keys.txt, along with your tickets, in the tik2sd folder on the root of your sd card.

Now, lookup the title id for the game you want to delete the fake ticket for. You can obtain this from a title key site which I can't give the name of due to it containing copywritten material on it.

After you find the .tik with the fake ticket for the game you want to remove, check the size. If it's 696 or 848 bytes, there's only one ticket in it, so you can safely delete the .tik from:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

Use ftpiieverywhere to do this. And, make sure it's the ftpiieverwhere for your situation (i.e. coldboot haxchi ftpiieverywhere or normal ftpiieverywhere). Remember the location as well which can be found in the tik2sd folder on the root of your flash drive. :)

If the size is larger, open the ticket in a hex editor such as HxD:

Code:
https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD

Now, you can find which ticket and which .tik file it is based on the keys.txt, so once inside, you'll know if a ticket is at, for example. offset 0 or offset 350, etc. Also, each new ticket file starts with:

Code:
00 01 00 04

This is important if say you have a fake and legit ticket at the same time. tik2sd won't tell you this. Now, either delete the one ticket (in hex) from the .tik file or, if there's more than one, compare the two.

If there's a repeating pattern with one of them over and over again near the beginning (00 01 00 04), that's your fake ticket. It might say "DISEASED ISABELLA" in hex many times. That's what mine said anyway. Delete it.

Now, transfer the .tik to:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

followed by the folder location you found in tik2sd. Now, test to see if it works by trying to play the game without cfw. This should help people with cbhc or other haxchi errors or even if you were using a fake ticket, but now want to buy the game to use haxchi (can't with a fake ticket or it will fail install). Good luck.

Thanks to Madridi for teaching me how to do this.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your Wii-U. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited by godreborn,

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok i deleted all tickets from my installed games. i deleted all games before and made haxchi and homebrew running again.
i installed mario tennis ultra smash again and now it comes to this error 105-3683.

I dont know what i can do else.
Anybody any ideas?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it error immediately? I think the ticket is installed first, once you click the purchase button. the game will then be downloaded and installed. if it errors immediately while it's being installed, it's probably a ticket issue. afaik, the ticket is used to decrypt the content. I seem to recall that from uwizard. thus, it errors immediately.

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got the game from a dump, not a eshop game. i installed it, then i start it, then it updates (it downloads all data) and then when it wants to install it,
it comes the error message
but now after i deleted all game tickets its a different error code then before.
Its now 105-3683 and before it was 105-3687

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...could there be some added check on the wii u? did you try installing the update with wup installer instead of downloading it from the eshop?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, 'cause I have no idea what effect deleting all tickets might have. that's why the tutorial is for deleting the ticket directly. you only need to delete the whole .tik if there's only one ticket in there. afaik, system tickets are not stored here, but that doesn't mean something that the system uses isn't.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might try that. tbh, I don't know what the problem could be or if that will even fix it. I assume you're not using cbhc since you deleted all tickets, correct?

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
haxchi and the homebrew channel is installed but not activ as i started the original game.

Could it be something with my Nintendo ID because of that update error?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, I'm not sure how the id is used. I assume that it's used the same way with legit and not legit titles since you can brick if you install a fake ticket over a cbhc real one or use a fake ticket with cbhc.

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm after factory reset. I put in Mario Kart 8 original Disc that i bought and it wont to download the dlc's.
Same Error again :(
Maybe i buy a new one.

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's so strange, when i download start the game with my Wife's login that i made in hour before, it gives the same error....
What do u think, should i buy a new one?

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, i deleted all after i deleted the tickets. All my original games who need an update online fail.
I dont know what can i do else :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check if any tickets were created after restoring the system. I'm at a loss for words on what to do. I've never encountered this problem unless your system just decided to fail all of a sudden. :(

RobbieTheELK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Folks,

I'm stuck half-way.

I have Mario Kart 8 via disc and paid for full DLC, Later I stupidly downloaded Mario Kart 8 + DLC from WIIuUSBHelper as wanted to avoid putting Disc in out each time to play.
I found running HomebRew Launcher + Sig2HBL Patcher each time was a bigger headache than using a disk so I wiped the hacked copy of MK8 including all saved legit references

Mario Kart 8 runs fine on Disc but re-downloading the DLCs fails due to fake ticket....

Now I dumped the tiks to my SD per the guide, the one I dumped was from DISC was found under SDCard\Odd

SDCard\odd\000500001010ed00.tik

Do I delete this off the SD card or do I FTP into the Wiiu and just delete that somewhere under: storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps ???

The guide says to transfer a .tik back to the WiiU memory, but where is this .tik from?

Last edited by RobbieTheELK,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to dump the tik with tik2sd to copy the ticket to the sd card,. then, manually inject the fixed ticket back.

RobbieTheELK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you need to dump the tik with tik2sd to copy the ticket to the sd card,. then, manually inject the fixed ticket back.

According to my keys.txt in the SD, I found {2} references to the MK 8 DLC, I presume one is legit one is fake...

-scrubbing- You need to check a titlekey database to see which one is real and fake.

So I deleted the DISEASED ANABALA thingy, but when I connected via FTPWiiUAnywhere, my FTP client couldn't get me access to: storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps
After I double click on storage_SLC is complains that I don't have access permissions!

Remember im not running CBHC, just offline homebrew via BrainAge, how the hell do I get permission to access that damn folder?

Also, do I need to fix the tik for the main game and update or just DLC (above)?
For me the main game and update are fine via disk, just the DLC wont download

Last edited by linuxares,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main game will have its own ticket apart from the dlc and the update. there's a prefix for each type in the content id. ftp not working could be due to using the wrong ftp version. there's one for haxchi and another for mocha. the homebrew browser should make reference which one is which.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it