Tutorial  Updated

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

Something that can be frustrating about the way licenses (.tik) work for the Wii U is the fact that they're not deleted when deleting a game. Also, many tickets are found in the same .tik file. I remember when I was doing this for the first time, Lucadian Chronicles, the game I was trying to get rid of the fake ticket for, was lumped in with a Sonic game. lol This tutorial will fix this and possibly prevent cbhc bricks from not testing the bought game on cfw.

First, download tik2sd from here:

Code:
https://github.com/FIX94/tik2sd/releases

Next, open the homebrew launcher using your favorite entry point

Run tik2sd. This may take a few moments, so give it some time. Afterwards, you should have a file named: keys.txt, along with your tickets, in the tik2sd folder on the root of your sd card.

Now, lookup the title id for the game you want to delete the fake ticket for. You can obtain this from a title key site which I can't give the name of due to it containing copywritten material on it.

After you find the .tik with the fake ticket for the game you want to remove, check the size. If it's 696 or 848 bytes, there's only one ticket in it, so you can safely delete the .tik from:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

Use ftpiieverywhere to do this. And, make sure it's the ftpiieverwhere for your situation (i.e. coldboot haxchi ftpiieverywhere or normal ftpiieverywhere). Remember the location as well which can be found in the tik2sd folder on the root of your flash drive. :)

If the size is larger, open the ticket in a hex editor such as HxD:

Code:
https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD

Now, you can find which ticket and which .tik file it is based on the keys.txt, so once inside, you'll know if a ticket is at, for example. offset 0 or offset 350, etc. Also, each new ticket file starts with:

Code:
00 01 00 04

This is important if say you have a fake and legit ticket at the same time. tik2sd won't tell you this. Now, either delete the one ticket (in hex) from the .tik file or, if there's more than one, compare the two.

If there's a repeating pattern with one of them over and over again near the beginning (00 01 00 04), that's your fake ticket. It might say "DISEASED ISABELLA" in hex many times. That's what mine said anyway. Delete it.

Now, transfer the .tik to:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

followed by the folder location you found in tik2sd. Now, test to see if it works by trying to play the game without cfw. This should help people with cbhc or other haxchi errors or even if you were using a fake ticket, but now want to buy the game to use haxchi (can't with a fake ticket or it will fail install). Good luck.

Thanks to Madridi for teaching me how to do this.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your Wii-U. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for asking again, but can I safely delete contents (tiks) in storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps to make sure my wii U is clean again and I can start from scratch with installing games?

you can delete them, but the ticket buckets may have several different .tik in them. twilight princess and crunchy roll are in the same one iirc. from what I've heard, those tickets should be deleted automatically after the NNiD is removed and you enter the eshop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait a minute, I'm not sure if default apps' tickets are in there. it might be best just to leave it as is.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can delete them, but the ticket buckets may have several different .tik in them. twilight princess and crunchy roll are in the same one iirc. from what I've heard, those tickets should be deleted automatically after the NNiD is removed and you enter the eshop.

wait a minute, I'm not sure if default apps' tickets are in there. it might be best just to leave it as is.
but how to get brain age ticket removed so I can purchase and install it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a EU brain age game in your list. it's listed twice. afaik, if the fake ticket occurs first, it will cause issues. I'm not sure if this applies to different regions, but it might due to the issues you're facing. I think your fake ticket is at 0x0 because of this.

KazeSX

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I managed to get there, there is only this folder. what should i do with it?

View attachment 108975
Hola Mth2017, como lograste acceder a los directorios? he estado intentado toda la tarde y no logro acceder, me sale algo asi como "error listening directory/ could not retrieve directory listening"; igualmente no estoy usando CFW y quiero eliminar el fake tik de Mario Kart 8, de antemano gracias y perdon si estoy reviviendo un tema muerto.

Mth2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hola Mth2017, como lograste acceder a los directorios? he estado intentado toda la tarde y no logro acceder, me sale algo asi como "error listening directory/ could not retrieve directory listening"; igualmente no estoy usando CFW y quiero eliminar el fake tik de Mario Kart 8, de antemano gracias y perdon si estoy reviviendo un tema muerto.

Hola, Puede que tengas la version equivocada de ftpiieverywhere, me paso que estaba usando la version para Haxchi en vez de la version normal, y me estaba pasando lo mismo que a ti. asegurate de tener el correcto y intenta seguir los pasos del tutorial base del tema, y por lo que veo tuviste el mismo problema con los DLC de MK8, intenta seguir los mismos pasos que yo hice durante todo el tema. se que es algo tedioso pero creo que mejor ejemplo visual no te puedo dar. pero asegurate de leer todo detenidamente y no equivocarte.

Disculpa si no puedo ayudarte mas, este tema fue hace ya bastante tiempo, espero puedas resolverlo.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
I love you both @Madridi and @godreborn!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I had my Smash Bros for. Wii U DLC bought (characters and stages) and I tried to install the costumes, with the bad luck of getting a crash, then my purchased DLC didn't worked, I had to search the tickets with Firezilla on the ftpiiu running mocha to make it work on the Wii U inside files, and they were like 1666kb or something, so I did the "DESEASED ISABELLA" HxD thing to fix two tickets and put them again on their place to fix it.

And it worked! Yaay!

I had broke this like in early april, and tried like 3 or 4 hours that day to fix it, with no solution... Until today that I did it quickly thanks to this post.

I hope that my post help someone too, because it was really hard to fix this without know how everything works.

D

Deleted User

How would someone go about removing a fake ticket system application....
(So I guess at some point, I've managed to fake sign install the internet browser. Which while not a problem now, since I have fake signing anyways. It does make it a problem in the future if I plan to clean my system and give it to someone. Since well, no internet browser.)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would someone go about removing a fake ticket system application....
(So I guess at some point, I've managed to fake sign install the internet browser. Which while not a problem now, since I have fake signing anyways. It does make it a problem in the future if I plan to clean my system and give it to someone. Since well, no internet browser.)

though I haven't tried it, I'd assume you'd do it in the same way. system applications prefix: 000500101

Reactions: Madridi
D

Deleted User

though I haven't tried it, I'd assume you'd do it in the same way. system applications prefix: 000500101
I don't think title2sd dumps system applications, I'm using the keys.txt file to find the ticket for it. and well, I cannot find it.
(or I missed something, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case)

Yep it doesn't dump system apps. I did a search for a game I owned (like mario kart 8) and it showed up in the keys.txt just fine. Do a search the same way (for internet browser), and it doesn't find anything. (I'm using notepad++ and using search function)
Edit: just tried searching for miiverse and that doesn't show up either.
Edit2: Mii maker also doesn't show up, if you had doubts about miiverse.

Last edited by ,

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi godreborn,

i tried your workaround because i installed many games on my wii u on HDD but i have a problem with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Hyrule Warriors.
I installed the games over Haxchi without Mocha wup installer gx2. I never get an error but when i start it it come to an update and then ill get the Error Code 105-3687.
I tried a different User on my Wii U, a different Country and your method but it wont work.

What should i do? Do i have to clear my hole wii u and then delete all tickets?

I hope someone can help me?

Thx

Volker

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi godreborn,

i tried your workaround because i installed many games on my wii u on HDD but i have a problem with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Hyrule Warriors.
I installed the games over Haxchi without Mocha wup installer gx2. I never get an error but when i start it it come to an update and then ill get the Error Code 105-3687.
I tried a different User on my Wii U, a different Country and your method but it wont work.

What should i do? Do i have to clear my hole wii u and then delete all tickets?

I hope someone can help me?

Thx

Volker

updates have their own tickets. the prefix number either ends with a c or an e (can't recall atm; dlc uses the other).

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

at first thx for the fast answer. I did that too. i deleted and/or edited (with an Hex Editor) all tickets with a c or an e.
Hmm maybe i have to set my wii u back to default :(

Do u have an other idea?

volker027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No its not on the system anymore. I deleted the normal and the update Ticket from both games
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Haryle Warriors.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can i try to delete all Tickets and reinstall all games? Is that possible or do i brick my wii u with it?
the system will probaby be upset if you delete ALL tickets, including the system firmware ones.
but if it's just apps and games sure.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the system firmware tickets aren't located in the same place as normal tickets. I think I remember looking for them. if the wii u ticket website would work, it has the system ticket names. be sure you don't delete any of those. I don't think your system would brick, but those apps would no longer work. I'm remembering this from when people were downgrading the browser without its ticket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway