Tutorial  Updated

How to install and play Eur BotW

After you completed the following
MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide(you only need steps I-III)

1. Download the game files which contains 258 files, i renamed the '00050000101C9500' folder to 'Z1' (final version with the uncorrupted files should be 259 files, 10,551,280,012 bytes)
2. Download the .tik file and rename it to title.tik (be sure you have extensions enabled or you can mess up and rename it to title.tik.tik if your extensions are hidden)
3. Place the title.tik files in the game folder (you should now have 259 files with the tik added on)
4. Download the update (the one from MEGA) and put it in a folder named Z2
5. On your SD card you need to have a folder called 'install' where you will place the game folder and the update folder (name those 2 folders Z1=the actual game and Z2=update)
[Also installing on NAND is much quicker than USB]

6. Insert the SD card into the Wii U and turn it on
7. Run a CFW (Mocha doesn't require anything special to set up so use it if you don't have one)
8. Run homebrew channel → WUP install GX2 → install the Z1 folder first.
9. For safe measure reboot and repeat steps 6,7 &8, but this time install Z2, the game update.
10. (Optional) Go to your internet settings of the WiiU → your connection and change the connection SSID name by adding a 0, that way your wiiu isn't connected once you start your gameplay just as a precaution so your WiiU doesn't get banned!
11. Once both files are installed press home, exit MiiMaker, start the game and have fun

Error: If you get an error saying something about Sig patcher, you can download and install an app from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' named 'SigPatcher2HBL' and/or 'SigPatcher2sysmenu', load them and retry install!

Enjoy.

Remember if you don't want to play this game using your WiiU pad, you can install HID TO VPAD from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' and play BotW using your PS4 controller! (tutorial for that is also in MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide)

Also check out my mini guide on how to reduce frame-rate drop/lag in the game

(Anon from 4chan helped make this!, this is his discord https://discord.gg/ADxvY3h)
And a Special shout out to Frenchbro for providing us with the tik! :D

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Link to game download removed.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh damit! i installed the v33 on nand, tried to move it in the storage settings to usb, aborted it and now my game is gone....including my save....reinstalled the game, still gone......welll back to square one

madmats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The guide might now be outdated but a few days ago it was the difference between myself successfully installing the game or just giving up and waiting till release date. Also the guide is very handy as a basic how to, for any install of any wii u game.

My thanks go to the op.

Yeah, op is MVP.

Cross posting from another Zelda thread while praising the OP of this one;

"Yeah, I also got this new update. How does this all work? I never updated a game (only played Xenoblade X earlier), do I need to download it and install it with GX2 or can I just let the Wii U download and install? This is NOT the 2GB update but the day one patch or whatever we should call it." - Can anyone tell me what to do?

Klynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, op is MVP.

Cross posting from another Zelda thread while praising the OP of this one;

"Yeah, I also got this new update. How does this all work? I never updated a game (only played Xenoblade X earlier), do I need to download it and install it with GX2 or can I just let the Wii U download and install? This is NOT the 2GB update but the day one patch or whatever we should call it." - Can anyone tell me what to do?

I downloaded the update with WiiUUsbHelper and it worked fine. Downloading through the WiiU should work fine from what I know, but the only method I can personally vouch for is using the helper.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also wondering if I can get a quick how-to with the latest (v33) update, sorry if it's detailed somewhere previously - I grabbed it from that ISO site, and assumed I'd just do it the same as I did the game and original update, following this guide, but I keep getting the error to verify the files or that I need sigpatcher etc? I didn't think I'd even necessarily have to have CFW running to install the new update as it's not fakesigned? How I did it was literally just deleted the old files out of the 'Z2' folder on the SD card and replaced them with the files from the V33 update, used browser exploit (as I haven't setup Hatchi etc or anything else yet), tried installing with GX2 and it didn't work, tried running Mocha first then installing and still didn't work? sorry, I'm new (or newly back) to this stuff (NOTE: it's all installed on the NAND, been running great and had zero problems installing game and original update with this guide - cheers :))

Klynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also wondering if I can get a quick how-to with the latest (v33) update, sorry if it's detailed somewhere previously - I grabbed it from that ISO site, and assumed I'd just do it the same as I did the game and original update, following this guide, but I keep getting the error to verify the files or that I need sigpatcher etc? I didn't think I'd even necessarily have to have CFW running to install the new update as it's not fakesigned? How I did it was literally just deleted the old files out of the 'Z2' folder on the SD card and replaced them with the files from the V33 update, used browser exploit (as I haven't setup Hatchi etc or anything else yet), tried installing with GX2 and it didn't work, tried running Mocha first then installing and still didn't work? sorry, I'm new (or newly back) to this stuff (NOTE: it's all installed on the NAND, been running great and had zero problems installing game and original update with this guide - cheers :))

Grab the update using Wii U USB Helper if possible, that update will be guaranteed to be valid. Have it copy it to the SD card. Use browser exploit (or Haxchii) to launch HBL. Load Mocha. Load up HBL again, load GX2 and install the update. Make sure the update you're grabbing is for the region of the game you have (which if you've been following this thread is probably EUR). Then the game should work. On a cold boot make sure to run Mocha again (if you have a USA Wii U) then launch the game.

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Grab the update using Wii U USB Helper if possible, that update will be guaranteed to be valid. Have it copy it to the SD card. Use browser exploit (or Haxchii) to launch HBL. Load Mocha. Load up HBL again, load GX2 and install the update. Make sure the update you're grabbing is for the region of the game you have (which if you've been following this thread is probably EUR). Then the game should work. On a cold boot make sure to run Mocha again (if you have a USA Wii U) then launch the game.

you only need to load cfw if your game is out of region.
no signature patches required anymore.

Neep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a hell of a time over here, dunno if anyone can help me. I'm getting errors saying that no SD card is present basically. I've tried copying to NAND, and it doesn't work either (yes I have plenty of space).

Also, some of these homebrew titles when I select them, act like they're about to load, then dump me back to the homebrew loader. I successfully got Mocha installed and auto-cold booting.

I'm also showing like 18,000 files in my GM00050000101C9500 folder. Dunno where OP is getting his numbers from, but I'm at wit's end over here, been at this for almost 15 hours now.

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you only need to load cfw if your game is out of region.
no signature patches required anymore.[/Q
I'm having a hell of a time over here, dunno if anyone can help me. I'm getting errors saying that no SD card is present basically. I've tried copying to NAND, and it doesn't work either (yes I have plenty of space).

Also, some of these homebrew titles when I select them, act like they're about to load, then dump me back to the homebrew loader. I successfully got Mocha installed and auto-cold booting.

I'm also showing like 18,000 files in my GM00050000101C9500 folder. Dunno where OP is getting his numbers from, but I'm at wit's end over here, been at this for almost 15 hours now.

you need to delete the extracted files (meta and content folders i think)
and unrelated question, why not just use haxchi as cfw? ive seen alot of people having problems with mocha

SuicideLeaf

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My game is freezing in the initial splash screen. It makes 2 3/4 game sounds. Cuts off just before it finishes the 3rd intro sound.

Anyone else had this?

My game file size was exactly the same as OP. I downloaded the game and update through USB helper, placed them on USB, ran mocha (which showed iosuha screen on reload) and then installed in the correct order. Have attempted this a few times, but always freezing in the same spot.
Next attempt might be to re-download everything, though it thought it wouldn't be corrupt as the file size/count is exactly the same.

:/

Any ideas?

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My game is freezing in the initial splash screen. It makes 2 3/4 game sounds. Cuts off just before it finishes the 3rd intro sound.

Anyone else had this?

My game file size was exactly the same as OP. I downloaded the game and update through USB helper, placed them on USB, ran mocha (which showed iosuha screen on reload) and then installed in the correct order. Have attempted this a few times, but always freezing in the same spot.
Next attempt might be to re-download everything, though it thought it wouldn't be corrupt as the file size/count is exactly the same.

:/

Any ideas?

is the game the same region as your console? if so, try to install and run it without mocha, there is no need for signature patches whith legit tickets (which you get with usb helper).
also you need the update and the game in same location eg. both on nand or both on usb

James Rowen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that WiiU records what you play in activity report app and uploads that to Nintendo?
Exact date hour and game played is there. They can easily ban you the next time you go online, without even going online while playing the new zelda.
I cant wait to see the ban hammer fall. OH BOY OH BOY
Well now that the game is out that isn't gonna look so strange.

Neep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to delete the extracted files (meta and content folders i think)
and unrelated question, why not just use haxchi as cfw? ive seen alot of people having problems with mocha

Code folder has 3 files.
Content has 18,689 Files, 10,361,286,656 bytes.
Meta has 27 Files.

If I delete the content folder I'm left with like 30mb of files.

I was able to install the update through the method described, but the game itself is still giving me problems to copy. I'm doing it through mocha instead of Haxchi because I followed a guide telling me this was the way to do it. Haxchi loads mocha, I thought?

Can someone please just humor me and spell out exactly what to do, starting with only having a .wud and .key file for Zelda? I think my install folder for it is causing the problem. It has to be, if the update installed correctly.... right?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
ill write you one right now
1. downlaod wii u usb helper
2. download game
3. install with wup installer

That sounds too easy :)

So if I have a EUR console I don't need to install rednand / CFW ? I just download the game and the v33 update and install them using WUP installer running the HBC on the normal Wii U firmware ?

SuicideLeaf

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
is the game the same region as your console? if so, try to install and run it without mocha, there is no need for signature patches whith legit tickets (which you get with usb helper).
also you need the update and the game in same location eg. both on nand or both on usb
Ahh right, it is all in the same region & location. I will try re-install both without running mocha. Also unpacking it with loadiine seemed to have worked but I'd rather it on usb. I'll see how this process goes, thanks!

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To confirm, there was a second actual-day-one patch in addition to the pirated pre patch? Do I install that the same was as the pre patch? And that needs to be the EUR patch to match the EUR game?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if I should be worried or not.

Downloaded the two files via Wii U USB helper and added them to the SD card. Loaded up the HBC through the Internet Browser like normal and then used WUP to install the 9GB file. It took a while but claimed to have done it (and Zelda is now on the Wii U menu).

Running Zelda gives a "you need to do a system update" message after a few seconds and kicks me back to the Wii menu. System update option says the Wii U is up-to-date [ 5.5.1E ] so I guess I have to use WUP to install the v33 file. But now, the Internet Browser route to the HBC no longer works - it goes to thw URL and says "detected Wii U system" (or whatever it says) but then goes to a white screen. No Wii U logo in the bottom right - just a blank screen.

Any ideas anyone ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays