Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I've been getting a problem lately with my hp mini. Whenever the battery life is like 30% or less, it just turns off. Not like hibernation, it doesn't even turn off properly. It turns off as though i'm pulling out the plug from a pc with no ups. When i turn it on without plugging in the charger (because there was more than enough battery life to turn on and browse for like 10mins) it 'cuts off' during boot-up. Unless i plug in the charger in, then it boots-up. What seems to be the problem? This happened quite a lot lately and it's been irritating me. Also sometimes it doesn't happen and goes into hibernation mode as normal.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
I've been getting a problem lately with my hp mini. Whenever the battery life is like 30% or less, it just turns off. Not like hibernation, it doesn't even turn off properly. It turns off as though i'm pulling out the plug from a pc with no ups. When i turn it on without plugging in the charger (because there was more than enough battery life to turn on and browse for like 10mins) it 'cuts off' during boot-up. Unless i plug in the charger in, then it boots-up. What seems to be the problem? This happened quite a lot lately and it's been irritating me. Also sometimes it doesn't happen and goes into hibernation mode as normal.
defective battery? , try cycling the battery if that doesn't work then get a new battery

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sounds like the battery calibration is off. What it thinks is 30% is actually 5% or less. Or it could be a defective battery which experiences a severe voltage drop at 30%.

Unfortunately I don't know how to reset battery calibration for net books.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids