• Replies 279
  • Likes 21

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this still a problem with softmods ?
yes. the best options are to leave it in sleep mode rather than turn it off, or reboot into hekate or sx os and select their power off options. i prefer this to the 12 second method because it takes out the guess work, although it requires injecting a payload just to power off, which is not for everyone.

Reactions: korayg

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still on point? People on the discord channel says it will charged even if the battery is drained while on autorcm, but it will take a long time. Some says even 13 hours

sporesprout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into this problem as well. SX OS would not boot while battery was too low. how ever managed to boot into TX boot menu while holding vol+ while injecting pay load and was able to uninstall auto RCM mode. Charged like normal then reinstalled auto RCM. Hope this helps someone.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Darn it. Switch dead with autorcm. Can still boot hekate to uninstall autorcm but will burn 3.0 fuse if were to do so. Should i just burn my fuse? Currently trying to charge while screen is black.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Darn it. Switch dead with autorcm. Can still boot hekate to uninstall autorcm but will burn 3.0 fuse if were to do so. Should i just burn my fuse? Currently trying to charge while screen is black.

Do you have a 100% reliable jig, like SX pro/SX gear or the xkit.xyz jig?
If you do, you can prevent burning fuses that way just by holding vol+ during bootup to go straight into RCM.
(Personally I used OFW to update from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 and put in the jig on restart and held vol+ to preserve my fuses... still rocking 5 fuses burnt til now)

If you disable AutoRCM, and do the jig trick to go back RCM upon next boot, you should be able to charge in Hekate (source) and not burn your fuses.

Last edited by bundat,

Thistletea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here Switch dead with autocrm. How do I get it back on? It's been charging for almost 12 hrs and power + doesn't seem to boot.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same problem here Switch dead with autocrm. How do I get it back on? It's been charging for almost 12 hrs and power + doesn't seem to boot.
Does it boot RCM?
Yes: Meh. What's up?
No: See below.

Take it apart, unplug battery, replug battery. Does it boot RCM?
No: Unplug emmc and try again leaving the emmc disconnected.
Yes: You're welcome.

If this does not work, send it to Rossmann. I don't think I've seen him repair a switch console.

Disclaimer: This is assuming you have a working payload injection system and have successfully smashed it already and this system is still working and has been verified with another switch console in RCM.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do you have a 100% reliable jig, like SX pro/SX gear or the xkit.xyz jig?
If you do, you can prevent burning fuses that way just by holding vol+ during bootup to go straight into RCM.
(Personally I used OFW to update from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 and put in the jig on restart and held vol+ to preserve my fuses... still rocking 5 fuses burnt til now)

If you disable AutoRCM, and do the jig trick to go back RCM upon next boot, you should be able to charge in Hekate (source) and not burn your fuses.

Thanks. Was fortunate not need to do any of that. Switch did charge with autorcm for my case though take bout a day. I did however charge with my xiaomi qc 3.0 adapter that comes together wih my MI5 phone coz left my charger at home. Owh well lesson learned. Gonna leave my switch on sleep now. I think sleep mode will last +2 weeks. Much better than accidental RCM

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say impatience has been the leading cause of the "omg autorcm dun bricked my hacxxorz!!1!" threads and the PSAs that followed.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have the juice to get RCM up though you may have to let it sit and charge while blank which could take a while which is why people freak out.
yeah i heard of that is it not like 3-5 hour charge or something stupid.. ? I know to turn my off completely or leave it in dock powered down anyway. maybe one day il buy that jig haha.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page: the controller responsible for charging is always on, weither it is autorcm/rcm/horizon/linux/powered off/etc, except that autorcm receive less power. (if someone can explain that?)

Last edited by mariogamer,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...