Hacking Install Wumad or download image from dev

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You just have to convert them into installable content using the official SDK and then extract the files using CDecrypt and the development common key. This way you will have the game in a loadiine ready format.

Last edited by BigPanda,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I have some first party E3 demos in wumad format along with tickets, is there a way to properly decrypt / run these files at this time, or load them into CEMU? thanks!
Doyou have a link to that or can provideme a example via PM?
I've a lot of Keys (for retail and dev-consoles) and I could be able to decrypt them.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
wud is not a made up format from crediar, it's a binary dump of existing media (Wii U optical disc).
It's named wud probably for Wii U Disc acronym, but the file could have been named .iso or .bin or .wiiu or .whateveryoulike, the important it what's inside. it's not a special format, just a copy of existing data.

I'm glad crediar added whitelist and blocked all other title to install. A lot of people would have their WiiU bricked by now by trying random things like that.

And i'm glad you deleted my post for the modified WUP Installer :D Now i understand why :')

Reactions: Cyan

WiiUDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set the build target to Master? If not, could you build a master build and post a pic with the created files?
Try the different build options. I think the download image option should be used and would result in build that should be installable.
Otherwise use the submission package option.

If nothing of the above works, then try to do every step in the guides for master submission. As I had to follow the guide to create the correct /code and /meta folders.

If nothing works, please PM me your content or project so I could take a look myself :)
Good luck!

Hi Pikpol,

I found this old thread on Google, and created an account just to ask you this question. Could you go through and explain how you managed to get a development mastered imaged to install on a retail Wii U? I'm using the Nintendo Web Framework for development, and tried to install the mastered images using WUP Installer, but that doesn't seem to work. As mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, I'm guessing a different encryption is used with the TIK/TMD files for dev units.

The Nintendo Web Framework documentation here explains this for mastering images:
https://developer.nintendo.com/html...ework/NintendoWebFramework/docs/en/index.html

You mentioned you somehow managed to get a mastered image to extract into the /code and /meta folders and you were able to test using Loadiine? If you could explain the process, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just use CDecrypt or the GUI WU_Decrypt_Content but with the debug Common Key. This will give you the loose files.

WiiUDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use CDecrypt or the GUI WU_Decrypt_Content but with the debug Common Key. This will give you the loose files.

BigPanda, you are the best! That totally worked, thank you, thank you!

For those who will stumble across this thread in the future, do the following:
1. Download CDecrypt.
2. In the Cafe SDK, copy the Wii U Debug Common Key located here:
\cafe_sdk\system\bin\tool\mastering\resources\makemaster\tik_sys.bin
3. Paste the Debug Common Key in the same directory as CDecrypt
4. Copy and paste your SD Image files (.app, .h3) into the same directory as CDecrypt
5. Use CDecrypt with the Debug Common Key to decrypt the contents.
6. Copy the decrypted contents to your SD card and test your app/game using Loadiine.

Last edited by WiiUDev,
Reactions: qweQua

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Personally, I found that repackaging using the SDK is a pain in the ... compared to NUSPacker.jar

Using NUSPacker.jar you keep your cos.xml, app.xml and meta.xml while that for the SDK one you need to re-generate using the AppConfig tool and it piss me off to calculate the code/max size

systemconfigtoolcorrector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I found that repackaging using the SDK is a pain in the ... compared to NUSPacker.jar

Using NUSPacker.jar you keep your cos.xml, app.xml and meta.xml while that for the SDK one you need to re-generate using the AppConfig tool and it piss me off to calculate the code/max size
lol it's easier just to take another games meta.xml and just open it in Notepad++ and just replace the TitleID/Game title, it's what I do.
I only touch appconfigtool to sign my TGA's and bootsound.
Plus the problem with Nuspacker is it repacks with Broken certs as well. But I guess so long as it works just go for it. :P

WiiUDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WiiUDev @BigPanda or simply just repack using the sdk you can replace the Tik_sys (Dev common key) with the retail common key simply with a hex editor and Master an image normally and install it to a cfw / sysnand as a title :P

Thanks to both of you, I'll try installing as a system title once development progresses. Also, I haven't tried using Mocha, but I'm considering RedNAND so I can use the System Config Tool.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@systemconfigtoolcorrector

I am curious on how you use the official tools to generate a master image & install image without using the AppConfigTool.

The reason I have to use the AppConfigTool is because of the makemaster.xml file that is used to generate the content.

If you can explain me how to convert loose files without loosing the meta.xml, app.xml & cos.xml using the official tools, I will be more than pleased.

Thanks

systemconfigtoolcorrector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to both of you, I'll try installing as a system title once development progresses. Also, I haven't tried using Mocha, but I'm considering RedNAND so I can use the System Config Tool.
You can install system config tool to retail using the Non system version,
That's what I do, I can toss u a link in pm of you want

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@systemconfigtoolcorrector

I am curious on how you use the official tools to generate a master image & install image without using the AppConfigTool.

The reason I have to use the AppConfigTool is because of the makemaster.xml file that is used to generate the content.

If you can explain me how to convert loose files without loosing the meta.xml, app.xml & cos.xml using the official tools, I will be more than pleased.

Thanks
DM me, it be easier :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -deleted-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ctrl cing me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, here ctrl-Z
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ctrl u 2 u
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, that turned my tv channel, you got powers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The fbi will be knocking on your door soon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They all went mad after looking at my browser history
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They all went mad after looking at my browser history