Hardware Is anyone willing to solder me a Larger EMMC Chip for my switch?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much im a little bored and I thought of doing this "upgrade" I am just personally curious if anyone is up to the challenge of doing this for me. Im not determined to do it yet im just trying to figure out if anyone is up to the task. I will pay if i decide to go trough with it.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself had considered swapping mine as I have all the tools and have done plenty of micro soldering. But the more I thought about it, I honestly just couldn't come up with a good enough reason to do it. I ended up just tossing in a 512GB microSD and called it a day. I'm not trying to talk you out of doing this, but I would highly recommend you weigh the benefits and consider if its really worth it. I could understand if the Switch didn't have a microSD slot, but it does so it's just way too convenient to just get a bigger microSD card rather than dealing with replacing the eMMC.

Good luck to you either way though.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I myself had considered swapping mine as I have all the tools and have done plenty of micro soldering. But the more I thought about it, I honestly just couldn't come up with a good enough reason to do it. I ended up just tossing in a 512GB microSD and called it a day. I'm not trying to talk you out of doing this, but I would highly recommend you weigh the benefits and consider if its really worth it. I could understand if the Switch didn't have a microSD slot, but it does so it's just way too convenient to just get a bigger microSD card rather than dealing with replacing the eMMC.

Good luck to you either way though.

I'm about to order a few 256GB and take a stab at it. Let you know how it goes.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Pretty much im a little bored and I thought of doing this "upgrade" I am just personally curious if anyone is up to the challenge of doing this for me. Im not determined to do it yet im just trying to figure out if anyone is up to the task. I will pay if i decide to go trough with it.

YOU'RE bored, so you want SOMEONE ELSE to do the modding for you - how exactly is it a challenge for you, when you want to get someone else to do the hard work?
The younger generation - YOU - blow me away sometimes with your way of thinking sometimes.

D

Deleted User

All I can say is to TAKE YOUR TIME! Go slow, and make sure you have everything you need BEFORE you begin. Good luck bro!

Did reballs of 360 and ps3 few years back

Hardware part looks straight forward

Gonna setup software side as chips are on order

Parts cost from china
$18 for 128GB
$70 for 256GB

Gonna try the 128gb 1st

Last edited by ,

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did reballs of 360 and ps3 few years back

Hardware part looks straight forward

Gonna setup software side as chips are on order

Hopefully will

Parts cost from china
$18 for 128GB
$70 for 256GB

Gonna try the 128gb 1st

I originally missed the part where you said "pretty much I'm a little bored", so it all makes sense now lol. Good luck bro, let me know if you run into any issues.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally missed the part where you said "pretty much I'm a little bored", so it all makes sense now lol. Good luck bro, let me know if you run into any issues.
Haha lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm about to order a few 256GB and take a stab at it. Let you know how it goes.
I’ll buy one off you if it works

Reactions: Deleted User

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong person lol

Was OP

Ty though

Oh shit, my bad! Well Good Luck to BOTH of you either way!
thumb.gif

Kingslayer_Kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its already been done - Its a beautiful idea

I second this.

@OP If you're confident enough with the soldering then go for it. If not.. put yourself in a less costly scenario and try with some cheaper hardware. (Idk, a cheap phone or something? Just to get a feel for it)

If I had the tools and more free time I'd do it my own switch. Makes your switch unique in the sense that you'll be one of not so many people that have a nice big fat EMMC chip :P

Either way, good luck if you do go through with it.

D

Deleted User

I second this.

@OP If you're confident enough with the soldering then go for it. If not.. put yourself in a less costly scenario and try with some cheaper hardware. (Idk, a cheap phone or something? Just to get a feel for it)

If I had the tools and more free time I'd do it my own switch. Makes your switch unique in the sense that you'll be one of not so many people that have a nice big fat EMMC chip :P

Either way, good luck if you do go through with it.

Thank you - Coming from reballs this will be a breeze. Awaiting parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters