Hacking Is it Safe to Swap your Memory Card to New Memory Card In 3.65?

lavitz13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have updated my vita to version 3.65 i noticed there is some file in memory card that is used for enso 3.65

i want to move all of my data in 16 gb memory card to 64gb memory card that i just bought

is there a risk that you will lose yang jailbreak?

and how to move my memory card to new one?

thanks

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nope not all, enso is memory card independently -> you can only loose it through updating, reinstalling the firmware or uninstalling it.

Reactions: lavitz13

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have updated my vita to version 3.65 i noticed there is some file in memory card that is used for enso 3.65

i want to move all of my data in 16 gb memory card to 64gb memory card that i just bought

is there a risk that you will lose yang jailbreak?

and how to move my memory card to new one?

thanks

I don't have a PSVita (so please tell me if I'm wrong), but wouldn't it be the exact same as with the PSP/PSPgo? Where you connect the unit via USB to a PC, copy the lower capacity (16GB) card contents to a folder and then copy the folder contents to the new higher capacity (64GB) card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a PSVita (so please tell me if I'm wrong), but wouldn't it be the exact same as with the PSP/PSPgo? Where you connect the unit via USB to a PC, copy the lower capacity (16GB) card contents to a folder and then copy the folder contents to the new higher capacity (64GB) card?

the registry with cma information isn't on the memory card. it's in the vd0 partition. the act.dat for content activation is in the tm0 partition. the memory card is ux0 and internal memory is ur0. the firmware is in os0. ...so, swapping memory cards will work. it's much easier with an sd2vita; otherwise, you have to use qcma. since the cma information is in vd0 and not ux0, it will remain intact unless you do a system restore. the account id seems to be all over the place on the system with one being in the id.dat which is on the memory card. because of all that, swapping memory cards is no problem. if different content is present on the new memory card, the system might rebuild the app.db located here: ur0:shell/db/app.db . it's best to back that up as I don't believe a rebuild of the database will see games without a valid license. it seems to work this way on the ps4 as well, so keep a copy of both for whenever you install something new.

Reactions: lavitz13

lavitz13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the registry with cma information isn't on the memory card. it's in the vd0 partition. the act.dat for content activation is in the tm0 partition. the memory card is ux0 and internal memory is ur0. the firmware is in os0. ...so, swapping memory cards will work. it's much easier with an sd2vita; otherwise, you have to use qcma. since the cma information is in vd0 and not ux0, it will remain intact unless you do a system restore. the account id seems to be all over the place on the system with one being in the id.dat which is on the memory card. because of all that, swapping memory cards is no problem. if different content is present on the new memory card, the system might rebuild the app.db located here: ur0:shell/db/app.db . it's best to back that up as I don't believe a rebuild of the database will see games without a valid license. it seems to work this way on the ps4 as well, so keep a copy of both for whenever you install something new.
i see thanks for your reply
i was afraid when i made the payment and remember that

so it can't be done with content manager but qcma?

can i ask for the guide?
i'm new at this qmca thing

Last edited by lavitz13,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, the vita isn't as open as the PSP. You can't drag and drop, there is software for copying media and it gets signed in the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: