Homebrew Is there going to be something homebrew related to get free online ?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to offend anybody, but I think you have to be mentally ill to buy Mario Bros Arcade or any NES game.
As far as I remember, the subscription for online gaming should be less than 30$, so my advise to OP don't be greedy, starve 3 days and you can afford online gaming for a year.
Post is completed, good job guys!
That's what you say...

Here my last salary 1 year contract was 373eur per month 6 hours per day hard working...

Electricity here my father pays around 100eur per month, internet+TV+phone service is around 90eur per month...

Then you have to pay PSN, XbLive... House have expensive taxes, fuel is very expensive...

And the worse is there isn't almost any job here, my last job in a hotel was 2.37 eur per hour and I did 1 extra free hour every day, it couldn't almost pay the fuel so I had to back off. I'm a computer technician with a 3 year course and 2 work internships and no jobs for this, I only help some friends from time to time ;(.

Ps: if my father didn't pay the bills I would not even win to pay them... So yeah, not all the world is the same and because you may win 2000eur+ per month don't even think everyone in the world has the same conditions where you can buy almost anything that comes out.

Reactions: Edgy_Edge

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious if there is anyone who is or is going to work on something that's going to get free online for games ?

(For example I pirated rocket league with the ability to connect to official online servers some time ago)
this will most likely require a cfw for switch which it will be a long while before that happens

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
That's what you say...

Here my last salary 1 year contract was 373eur per month 6 hours per day hard working...

Electricity here my father pays around 100eur per month, internet+TV+phone service is around 90eur per month...

Then you have to pay PSN, XbLive... House have expensive taxes, fuel is very expensive...

And the worse is there isn't almost any job here, my last job in a hotel was 2.37 eur per hour and I did 1 extra free hour every day, it couldn't almost pay the fuel so I had to back off. I'm a computer technician with a 3 year course and 2 work internships and no jobs for this, I only help some friends from time to time ;(.

Ps: if my father didn't pay the bills I would not even win to pay them... So yeah, not all the world is the same and because you may win 2000eur+ per month don't even think everyone in the world has the same conditions where you can buy almost anything that comes out.
Look, I've worked in Macdonalds in USA and my salary was around 1600$. If you're from Europe (Sweden), I hardly believe that you earn 400 EUR, because the minimal wage is 700-800 EUR per month. I think refugees making even more money than you claim)
The point of my post was that you have to sacrifice something that you don't really need or can live without, in your case it's PSN or XBlive... Just choose what is more important.
(Spoiler: get rid of Xbox Live, it's a shit.)

Last edited by Edgy_Edge,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's probably impossible to make online free using Nintendo's servers (quite obvious)
But there might be someone who will run an online service for free. Maybe. Just like some "wireless gaming revival" networks exists (like the ones for the Wii or DS)

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
It's probably impossible to make online free using Nintendo's servers (quite obvious)
But there might be someone who will run an online service for free. Maybe. Just like some "wireless gaming revival" networks exists (like the ones for the Wii or DS)
There's nothing for free in this world, buddy... Except games on CFW :shy:

D

Deleted-379826

Thanks, The last part was very accurate. I'm planning to get the switch for my birthday in February and buy Rocket league and Mario kart 8 with some online. From then it's probably Homebrewing it and watching what is happening in the scene. I was asking if anyone has said anything about doing it.
Also, again dude, Mario Kart 8+Rocket League+Switch+Online and can't afford a PC? That can get you a MUCH more powerful PC than a switch with FREE online and since it seems like you're into piracy, piracy and emulators. Not to mention you'll probably eventually get a pro controller for your switch considering how small the joycons are and how uncomfortable they can be for many games.

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
How do you know it'll be on Christmas?
Joke

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, again dude, Mario Kart 8+Rocket League+Switch+Online and can't afford a PC? That can get you a MUCH more powerful PC than a switch with FREE online and since it seems like you're into piracy, piracy and emulators. Not to mention you'll probably eventually get a pro controller for your switch considering how small the joycons are and how uncomfortable they can be for many games.
He probably would prefer it on a Switch because of the portability and exclusive titles which he listed above

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
NOT A CHANCE you want homebrew you miss out on everything online no online for homebewe this time it's not happening thanks to NO downgrades so forget about online and don't believe anything anyone says it's coming because i guarantee it won't be this time 3.0 is not possible to access ONLINE and there's no FW spoof this time either the switch IS NOT a 3ds that's the way it is. so choose what's more important or go buy another switch.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOT A CHANCE you want homebrew you miss out on everything online no online for homebewe this time it's not happening thanks to NO downgrades so forget about online and don't believe anything anyone says it's coming because i guarantee it won't be this time 3.0 is not possible to access ONLINE and there's no FW spoof this time either the switch IS NOT a 3ds that's the way it is. so choose what's more important or go buy another switch.
and the award for longest run-on sentence goes to...

Reactions: satan89 and nmkd

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"throws down the gauntlet" i will personally donate $100 to temp if online is ever working on 3.0 that's full online play, vc access and eshop access...so
comeatmebr0.jpg

:creep:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: peteruk

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Am I the only one that thinks Nintendos price for a whole year is kind of fair compared to the others? Sure PC is totally free, but that's because a whole bunch of reasons. Mostly the open nature.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There probably won't be a way to access official servers, but if someone can reverse engineer server functions then they could make a custom server. We now have that on the 3DS and it's been around for a while with DS and Wii Wi-Fi emulation.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
it'll propably work like the pokebank so no way to get anything for free, and if you do it you'll propably be detected and banned by Nintendo

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You guys need to chill and stop being assholes when someone asks a simple question. Maybe most of you are too young to remember that there were online alternatives for several systems that didn't even require a hacked console. Or maybe you guys dont know as much as you think you do. It worked with proxy servers and pc tools. Original xbox, xbox 360, ps3, ps2 and psp to name a few. If a team of people really wanted to, it's quite possible to make a free online service to mimic what ever service the system in question has. It's been done.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I've worked in Macdonalds in USA and my salary was around 1600$. If you're from Europe (Sweden), I hardly believe that you earn 400 EUR, because the minimal wage is 700-800 EUR per month. I think refugees making even more money than you claim)
The point of my post was that you have to sacrifice something that you don't really need or can live without, in your case it's PSN or XBlive... Just choose what is more important.
(Spoiler: get rid of Xbox Live, it's a shit.)
Europe is pointless...

Portugal min salary is ~570 and I only had one job that paid more than it, the rest of the jobs I have been are even less, like in the hotel was supposed to be min salary, but then we discount and ends up around ~480€ per month which I had to waste around 200€ in diesel to go there...

On the other hand other Europe countries can be 2000 as min salary, its just very inconsistent.

ps: This country is one of the worse in the Europe on min salary and then like the fuel costs almost as much as the highest min salary countries.

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi