• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"It makes no sense to have separated bathrooms."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Full video on YouTube

I came across this YouTuber's channel due to the Quantum TV drama which I never heard of and that's how I found his video.

Now, unisex toilets do exist and those are perfectly fine, but to say "Makes no sense to have separated toilets" is just utterly absurd and illogical because there's a reason men and women's restrooms are kept separated.

Women for example, are disadvantaged when dealing with it because no matter what it's not normal, so they're naturally uncomfortable using it, afraid if there's men around because they simply don't know them (and to avoid sexual assaults where possible), women don't use urinals, and moreover, men's toilets tend to be dirty and smelly while women's toilets are generally nowhere near as bad. And... There'd be a bigger queue for people to use it.

All of this reminded me of Cartman being gross using girl's toilet:

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

Full video on YouTube

I came across this YouTuber's channel due to the Quantum TV drama which I never heard of and that's how I found his video.

Now, unisex toilets do exist and those are perfectly fine, but to say "Makes no sense to have separated toilets" is just utterly absurd and illogical because there's a reason men and women's restrooms are kept separated.

The reason is decency and obscenity laws. It does not a have a practical reason of origin but a moral guideline.
Women for example, are disadvantaged when dealing with it because no matter what it's not normal,
You just went in a circle.
afraid if there's men around because they simply don't know them (and to avoid sexual assaults where possible),
In a sketchy place maybe, but that is true even for separated bathrooms.

women don't use urinals,
I've seen urinals in unisex toilets and men kept using them and there was no issue.

No reason why you can't keep divided stalls even for urinals. Also no reason why stalls can't be made for privacy unlike the public ones in the US.

and moreover, men's toilets tend to be dirty and smelly while women's toilets are generally nowhere near as bad.
Quite the opposite in many, many times and the reason I'm honestly glad there are separated bathrooms sometimes.

And... There'd be a bigger queue for people to use it.
If a unisex toilet has the same capacity of two separate toilets, even if the queue is bigger it'll flow as fast or faster.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There could be a thread about puppies and kittens and it would inevitably become a shitpost fest.

Shows me How much you know about OUR site Neeeewbie.

And then have the AUDACITY to get into everyone's face. :sad:

We do have a thread on that subject dude. It's called TemperBeast. And we don't :shit:post there like you probably would. So please BACK-OFF on that :shit: Dude :angry:

Last edited by AncientBoi,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shows me How much you know about OUR site Neeeewbie.

And then have the AUDACITY to get into everyone's face. :sad:

We do have a thread on that subject dude. It's called TemperBeast. And we don't :shit:post there like you probably would. So please BACK-OFF on that :shit: Dude :angry:
You've only been a member for a year longer than me and you call me a newbie. :rofl2:

Regardless, take it easy there killer. It was only a joke. But thanks for proving me and @Xerokard correct by personally attacking me.

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've only been a member for a year longer than me and you call me a newbie. :rofl2:

Regardless, take it easy there killer. It was only a joke. But thanks for proving me and @Xerokard correct by personally attacking me.

Yes I did. hahaha, that did Not. You brought this :shit: on, all by your little lonesome. How sad.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Eh, idk. I'm not trans but even I think having the bathrooms be separated by men and women is stupid. Hell, urinals are kinda stupid imo because you can only piss in 'em if you have a dick.
All in all, having two bathrooms IS a good idea, but separating them by the two "sexes" just seems stupid to me.

• Sad
Reactions: AncientBoi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, idk. I'm not trans but even I think having the bathrooms be separated by men and women is stupid. Hell, urinals are kinda stupid imo because you can only piss in 'em if you have a dick.
All in all, having two bathrooms IS a good idea, but separating them by the two "sexes" just seems stupid to me.
Maybe you should ask women how they would feel having men in their bathrooms.
Post automatically merged:

Yes I did. hahaha, that did Not. You brought this :shit: on, all by your little lonesome. How sad.
Nobody forced you to respond to my original comment, therefore, I brought nothing upon myself.

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should ask women how they would feel having men in their bathrooms.
Post automatically merged:

Nobody forced you to respond to my original comment, therefore, I brought nothing upon myself.

awwwh you hurt now? poor baby

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You've clearly never been in a woman's bathroom. They are disgusting.
The University of Arizona conducted a study on this very subject in 1997 and found that women’s bathrooms are *twice* as dirty as men’s based on an analysis of fecal bacteria on surfaces. They hypothesised that this was the case because women’s bathrooms are used more frequently, women must sit down in order to use them and they’re statistically more likely to wash their hands, and thus deposit their bacteria onto the sinks at a higher rate than men.

https://wc.arizona.edu/papers/90/156/07_1_m.html

As an added tidbit of information, we’ve effectively removed paper towels from most bathrooms since the time this study was conducted and replaced them with air dryers. Initially this was thought to improve the level of hygiene as your hands are dried with a stream of air instead of a possibly contaminated towel. What the engineers didn’t account for was the stream of air blowing directly at the floor, picking up bacteria, fungal spores and dirt and launching them into the air as you use the dryer - at that point you may as well roll on the floor since everything that was on it is now on you. There have been some attempts to combat this with HEPA filters, but ultimately this is impossible to avoid, bathroom floors are de facto filthy and we’re breathing in said filth whenever we use one.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)