• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 434,929
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that's right, the "pandemic" has only been going on for the past couple days. Shame it didn't start well before they made their original plans.. SMH... brainlets.

I heard they also planned a parade that only about 4 people rsvp'd that got cancelled. I guess this recent "pandemic" also made them change their long term plans.
And your point is...?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay, I don't need a concession from you, I already demonstrated what the experts had to say. Again, if your old plan literally no longer existed and the doctor you used to see was unavailable to you for one of the three listed (and many unlisted) reasons, you had to go elsewhere. You're still between stage 1 and stage 2, we can continue the conversation after you're done with denial and anger. You'll get to acceptance eventually.

You're adding bits and pieces here and there to fit your narrative. Not going to point out what they are, but your reply is very severely flawed. Figure it out. You also seem to have way too much invested in this & way too many opinionated thoughts about it all for a cynical absurdest, but the cynicism clearly shows. Would your head explode if I told you you're thinking about this way too much, that there's no real meaning behind it all, and that it's completely pointless to begin with because eventually you'll die & it all wont matter anyway?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe he's making fun of Japanese people who cannot pronounce "v" sound? I don't really know and I know that there's an audio leaked over a phonecall. As usual, both sides are running opposite directions with it. One thing I know, is that people criticizing Trump is "%100 percent making up things he didn't say", as you claimed about me--so that makes you a hypocrite? Not an interesting conversation imo.

Can you quote the part where he says this? It looks like an interpretation.

You said you didn't even listen to it, then make accusations of making things up, then ask for "where did he say that?" when it's clearly in the audio. Try listening to it. My god you are incredibly STUPID!

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're adding bits and pieces here and there to fit your narrative. Not going to point out what they are, but your reply is very severely flawed. Figure it out. You also seem to have way too much invested in this & way too many opinionated thoughts about it all for a cynical absurdest, but the cynicism clearly shows. Would your head explode if I told you you're thinking about this way too much, that there's no real meaning behind it all, and that it's completely pointless to begin with because eventually you'll die & it all wont matter anyway?
Interesting observation. You might be onto something. :lol:

In any case, I'm saying it how it is, not how it was promised. This isn't something you can have an "opinion" on, it's something that happened, and is well-documented. We can certainly argue about specific cases and the underlying causes, sure, but outright denial is just silly, it makes you look like a contrarian. You're entirely correct in your nihilist response - we will all eventually die, who needs a healthcare plan anyways, particularly the one they themselves picked only to have it taken away. :)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I already posted that in this thread. Linked it for you since your search button may be broke as you couldn't google it yourself.

Yeah, you can't get more "far right" than the horse himself.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/joe-bid...he-united-states.576824/page-220#post-9296049

Since the majority of these so called "covid related" deaths occur in Demonrat ran cities (most likely to hurt Trump by killing their own), I think you need to worry about what your leadership is doing instead of the person trying to repair the damage caused by decades of corruption by the democrats.
It takes three second to Google and find out with context he was talking about the program setup to prevent voter fraud and of course other intentionally omitted details that were not included in the clip
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...s-plotting-a-voter-fraud-scheme-idUSKBN27E2VH
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/04/bogus-vote-fraud-claims-proliferate-social-media/

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed offensive content from quote

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think those who believe that Trump knows he's making up the claim of fraud would interpret it as @Lacius has suggested. But those who think that Trump believes it happened is trying to get the guy to come clean. Still, none of us can verify and have to rely on trust. That's what's messed up imo. At least half the nation is bold enough to tell that they don't trust it. Probably a lot more don't trust the system enough to go on some record and admit it out loud.
Did he? My understanding was that he wanted them to accept there was fraud and to issue new totals after taking that fraud into account. I don't think the evidence of fraud is compelling, but Trump appears to. So I don't think his intent is for the votes to magically change.

Trumps argument on the numbers is flawed, it's standard in business to pick a big number and then argue that even if it's wrong by a lot then it's still a big number. His bias means he can't comprehend it could be out by 100%

But that is just being dumb, not corrupt.

I thought it was worthless plans & ones the insurers made worthless on purpose.

I guess it comes down to whether you think you should let insurers con people or not.
During the call, Trump asked Raffensperger "to find" enough votes for him to win the state:
"So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes."

Trump told Raffensperger to arbitrarily change the vote:
"And there's nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you've recalculated."

Solicitation of election fraud is a crime.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the Some people are literally one step away from Blaming Reverse Vampires
@tabzer @morvoran @UltraSUPRA
"The Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires are forcing Georgia Secretary of State to ignore Voter Fraud"
vfovn9a6nbb11.jpg

Last edited by djpannda,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already posted that in this thread. Linked it for you since your search button may be broke as you couldn't google it yourself.

Yeah, you can't get more "far right" than the horse himself.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/joe-bid...he-united-states.576824/page-220#post-9296049

Since the majority of these so called "covid related" deaths occur in Demonrat ran cities (most likely to hurt Trump by killing their own), I think you need to worry about what your leadership is doing instead of the person trying to repair the damage caused by decades of corruption by the democrats.
COVID-19 deaths are more likely to occur in densely populated areas, regardless of the political parties in charge.

That being said, when you control for other variables, places with mask mandates, etc. have fewer deaths than places without mask mandates, and Democratic officials are more likely to impose mask mandates, etc.

So I'm actually listening to the full audio, and wow. Just wow. If you haven't done so, you should do so. Trump is such a joke. It would be funny if it weren't criminal.
Raffensperger: Mr. President, they did not put that. We did an audit of that, and we proved conclusively that they were not scanned three times.

Trump: Where was everybody else at that late time in the morning? Where was everybody? Where were the Republicans? Where were the security guards? Were the people that were there just a little while before when everyone ran out of the room. How come we had no security in the room. Why did they run to the bottom of the table? Why do they run there and just open the skirt and rip out the votes. I mean, Brad. And they were sitting there, I think for five hours or something like that, the votes.

Raffensperger: Mr. President, we’ll send you the link from WSB.

Trump: I don’t care about the link. I don’t need it. Brad, I have a much better — we're going to have much better links.

Last edited by Lacius,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I'm actually listening to the full audio, and wow. Just wow. If you haven't done so, you should do so. Trump is such a joke. It would be funny if it weren't criminal.
My favorite bit was when Raffensperger tells Trump, "you're getting this shit from social media," (paraphrased) and Trump says, "it's not social media, it's Trump media."

unnamed.gif

Last edited by Xzi,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump reportedly tried calling Georgia's secretary of state 18 times before finally getting him on the phone to pressure him to 'find' 11,780 votes

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/trump-tried-calling-georgia-secretary-of-state-18-times-report-2021-1?amp

Oh my God... I'm laughing my ass off.... Cause that's what desperate people do!
It reminds me of the time Trump was caught trying to call the governor of Arizona while he was certifying the vote in that state (and the Governor ignored the call).

https://www.modbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article247525750.html

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump has the whole world against him, he won't able to succeed whatever he's planning for.

If you only get your news from anti-trump sources, I can see why you'd think that.

The Best Shows of Support For Trump From Around the World

‘Taiwan, Fight for Trump’, ‘Stop the Steal’: Rally in Taipei sees participants voicing their support for Donald Trump

If you want to tell how much support he gets here in the US, just compare the number of views between Trump and Joe Biden today in Georgia.

I don't know what Biden is planning, but he won't be president.

takes three second to Google and find out with context he was talking about the program setup to prevent voter fraud and of course other intentionally omitted details that were not included in the clip
Following by the example of uninformed leftists, I'll just go with the context I saw in that video. It was plain as day that he admitted to voter fraud.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed offensive content

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you only get your news from anti-trump sources, I can see why you'd think that.

The Best Shows of Support For Trump From Around the World

‘Taiwan, Fight for Trump’, ‘Stop the Steal’: Rally in Taipei sees participants voicing their support for Donald Trump

If you want to tell how much support he gets here in the US, just compare the number of views between Trump and Joe Biden today in Georgia.

I don't know what Biden is planning, but he won't be president.

Following by the example of uninformed leftists, I'll just go with the context I saw in that video. It was plain as day that he admitted to voter fraud.

Support for Trump in Hong Kong and Taiwan Is Unsurprising (But Misguided)

Source: https://thediplomat.com/2020/11/sup...ong-and-taiwan-is-unsurprising-but-misguided/

Taiwan fears loss in US support as Trump booted from office

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...oss-in-us-support-as-trump-booted-from-office

For those of us who only read/listen to "republican" news. It's pretty easy to think of why Taiwan would support Trump.

1) They are scared of war with China

2) Joe Biden's administration will no longer sell Taiwan weapons of war as Trump has been doing

3) Taiwan will not be getting any special treatment from Joe Biden's administration (unlike Trump has been doing)

There's one thing that makes people well informed.... Read read read.... Read it all from all angles. Because there's no fake news if you get both sides of a story and inform yourself about everything that's going on.

Ignorance isn't a good excuse when all the info is right at the touch of your fingers.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed offensive content from quote
Reactions: ghjfdtg

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trump told Raffensperger to arbitrarily change the vote:
"And there's nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you've recalculated."

The way I interpreted that is Trump thinks that he is refusing to recalculate because he doesn't want to admit they made a mistake & that if he did recalculate then based on all the fraud that Trump believes exists then it would come to a figure that shows that Trump won.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what I believe he meant and I think that is what Trump would say in court.

Trump seems to believe that it's a lack of motivation to look that is preventing him being declared the winner.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The way I interpreted that is Trump thinks that he is refusing to recalculate because he doesn't want to admit they made a mistake & that if he did recalculate then based on all the fraud that Trump believes exists then it would come to a figure that shows that Trump won.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what I believe he meant and I think that is what Trump would say in court.

Trump seems to believe that it's a lack of motivation to look that is preventing him being declared the winner.
The way I understand the exchange is similar - Trump believes that there are pre-existing irregularities to be found if only they are investigated in a manner he would find satisfactory. He is confident that the votes will be "found" and wants the election in Georgia audited up until the point where he meets the victory threshold - he's already confident that he did as is. At no point does he issue any specific threat. I also fail to see how he encourages "manufacturing" votes for himself, he simply wants Raffensperger to "look for them until he finds them", so to speak. By saying that "there's nothing wrong in saying that he recalculated" Trump means just that - there's no shame in being wrong about the count on the first go-around. The whole conversation is framed around existing votes, not magically conjured up votes. Trump insists on "only counting legal votes" just as he does publicly and he's refusing to accept Raffensperger's explanations as legitimate. He also flaunts a couple of theories he read about as a general inquiry, which is innocuous, if a bit silly. The only ominous-sounding part of the phone call is Trump saying that Raffensperger is taking a big political risk by certifying the election at this stage, which he objectively is given the fact that a majority of Republican voters believe there were shenanigans involved and this certification may demoralise the public, lowering the turnout for the Senate run-off. That's not a threat, that's a statement of fact, given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway