Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
Happy new year everyone - I have a late Xmas present :P

New RetriX release: while it has been a long while since the last one, a lot has happened.
  • I worked with the people from Libretro to create an official VFS API. This means that finally the code used for RetriX cores can be the exact same as the one used in RetroArch
  • I worked with Libretro to make Windows and UWP part of their CI pipeline. If you check repositories like Genesis Plus GX you'll see badges with build status for Windows, including UWP. This is the closest we can get to official UWP builds from Libretro for now.
  • As a consequence of the above, Libretro is that much closer to supporting UWP officially, should they want to in the future

As for RetriX itself, you'll find a few improvements:
  • RetriX uses the official VFS API instead of hacking Libretro cores to work
  • CHD support for PlayStation, Mega CD, PC Engine and PCFX: this is a huge usability win, since CHDs are compressed files (up to half the size of uncompressed ISOs) that can be played directly AND, since they are single files (no bin+cue), there's no more need to select the root directory before games can be played. Starting a PlayStation game works the same as a Game Boy one.
  • Better support of Libretro gamepad API, this finally allows using analog sticks with PlayStation games
Get it from the usual place and enjoy!

To create CHDs from your game iso/bin + cue, use chdman.exe from Mame's installer

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the how to thread has been abandoned, I will just ask here. I can't get onto my xb's dev port. I tried all 3 browers. edge, chrome and fire fox. But I always get the time out connect. I have checked my network settings to make double check to make sure my xb ports are opened. Did a ping to the xb's ip with the commend line and it ping'd back within 3 seconds, no pocket less at all. So what's going on. Why can't I get on the dev port to send apps and apks to my xb? And yes it is in dev mode.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since the how to thread has been abandoned, I will just ask here. I can't get onto my xb's dev port. I tried all 3 browers. edge, chrome and fire fox. But I always get the time out connect. I have checked my network settings to make double check to make sure my xb ports are opened. Did a ping to the xb's ip with the commend line and it ping'd back within 3 seconds, no pocket less at all. So what's going on. Why can't I get on the dev port to send apps and apks to my xb? And yes it is in dev mode.
You m
Are you using the correct port and make sure the web portal is enabled

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoo, thank you Absestos.
Now that Retrix is closer to Retroarch (code wise) does that mean we can have the different Gui Drivers? XMB, Glui..? While the current UI is functional, it would be good to have all the perks that the other UI's have like playlist etc..

Again, that you for your continued support for the Xbox One :)

Reactions: wakabayashy

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You m

Are you using the correct port and make sure the web portal is enabled

thanks anyways but i figured it out. most instructions are saying http//: for the xbox ip. but it wouldnt work for me with any web broswer on any of my computers. tried the xb ip with https as instead n it went right through.

does retro x and the other emulators work with usb drives? if not, where and how do i place the roms?

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nice really nice !!
i will try the new update later .
i so glad that the project was not cancelt!

@Absestos
thank u so much for your work.
i really hope the next udpate will have the 16:9 update .
and maybe now the n64 core is working ?

Absestos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
@ploggy RetriX is no closer to Retroarch than it was before (read, they have zero in common - RetriX is almost entirely C# while Retroarch is C). There is no such thing as GUI drivers for RetriX.

@dominater01 The issues you are encountering are with the cores themselves, not RetriX (except maybe the Wonderswan audio issue). If you want to do something go to the cores’ github pages and report issues.

Last edited by Absestos,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy RetriX is no closer to Retroarch than it was before (read, they have zero in common - RetriX is almost entirely C# while Retroarch is C). There is no such thing as GUI drivers for RetriX.

@dominater01 The issues you are encountering are with the cores themselves, not RetriX (except maybe the Wonderswan audio issue). If you want to do something go to the cores’ github pages and report issues.
Oh.. my mistake :)

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy new year everyone - I have a late Xmas present :P

New RetriX release: while it has been a long while since the last one, a lot has happened.
  • I worked with the people from Libretro to create an official VFS API. This means that finally the code used for RetriX cores can be the exact same as the one used in RetroArch
  • I worked with Libretro to make Windows and UWP part of their CI pipeline. If you check repositories like Genesis Plus GX you'll see badges with build status for Windows, including UWP. This is the closest we can get to official UWP builds from Libretro for now.
  • As a consequence of the above, Libretro is that much closer to supporting UWP officially, should they want to in the future

As for RetriX itself, you'll find a few improvements:
  • RetriX uses the official VFS API instead of hacking Libretro cores to work
  • CHD support for PlayStation, Mega CD, PC Engine and PCFX: this is a huge usability win, since CHDs are compressed files (up to half the size of uncompressed ISOs) that can be played directly AND, since they are single files (no bin+cue), there's no more need to select the root directory before games can be played. Starting a PlayStation game works the same as a Game Boy one.
  • Better support of Libretro gamepad API, this finally allows using analog sticks with PlayStation games
Get it from the usual place and enjoy!

To create CHDs from your game iso/bin + cue, use chdman.exe from Mame's installer

Am I dreaming? I can't believe my eyes

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wanted to try out the new version but i cant install it
i get a error
which Dependencies are needed? i tryed the same like in 1.8 but is not working.
can some one help please.

edit: find it already out u new Dependencies. now its working.

Last edited by SnakeEater,

ReelBigNilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much @Absestos man and happy new year to you :) retrix is awesome! The more we can get out of it the better but if there was never another development I would be happy with the fun I can have with all the libraries we can all access now in one place thanks to all your hard work :) now if someone can get dolphin ported too, so I can play all my old GameCube games I would be in heaven because I miss Def Jam: Fight for New York and NFSU2 so bad sometimes... And Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle, but thanks again for all YOUR hard work...

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have try out a few games for psx and not even one is playable .
the most only show black screens and even the 2 d ones like alundra ,castlevania or harvest moon are not working.
and the other cores working same like always sadly i dont see any difference or any improments in this version on xbox.
but i really hope in further updates i gona be better.

edit: i think the deneryc update is also not coming anymore or am i wrong?

Last edited by SnakeEater,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-