Hacking Libretro/Retroarch on Xbox One

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope it hasn't been abandoned or someone else can take up the mantle and continue progression I understand its a labour of love with no cash incentive but by god its appreciated by all those who can use it!!!

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope it hasn't been abandoned or someone else can take up the mantle and continue progression I understand its a labour of love with no cash incentive but by god its appreciated by all those who can use it!!!

I hope not as well. Even if that happens I heard from a little birdie that TwinAphex (Creator of Retroarch) is wanting to make an official RetroArch Port to the Xbox One in the near future so you do have that to look forward to assuming it comes to fruition. An official Port by the Retroarch guys themselves probably means way more cores than we already have but still in the words of Twinaphex "Don't expect miracles" ;)

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope not as well. Even if that happens I heard from a little birdie that TwinAphex (Creator of Retroarch) is wanting to make an official RetroArch Port to the Xbox One in the near future so you do have that to look forward to assuming it comes to fruition. An official Port by the Retroarch guys themselves probably means way more cores than we already have but still in the words of Twinaphex "Don't expect miracles" ;)
i hope that is true it would make the xbox one dev mode that much better, maybe thats why absestos hasnt developed in awhile because he knows this aswell but idk

i thought twinaphex didnt like the xbox ones uwp i've seen his arguments on the subject

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope that is true it would make the xbox one dev mode that much better, maybe thats why absestos hasnt developed in awhile because he knows this aswell but idk

i thought twinaphex didnt like the xbox ones uwp i've seen his arguments on the subject

Well I don't wanna name my source because I'm unsure if he wan'ts to be named but one of our members in the community had messaged TwinAphex over IRC a few weeks ago, and from what I was told he is intent on picking up an Xbox One and porting RetroArch over to Xbox One. It just make take while and I think we're gonna have to be patient

SFGChamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Loaded up N64 emulator and the GBA one and they both worked. then when i quit VBA to go back to N64 neither of them will open.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I Loaded up N64 emulator and the GBA one and they both worked. then when i quit VBA to go back to N64 neither of them will open.
I also can't use OneDrive on VBA

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried resetting it, hard resetting, going into retail mode and back into dev mode, after I did that third option N64 wouldnt load but VBA did but I can't load up One Drive.

I honestly have not the slightest clue why you wouldn't be able to open win64e10. This is something I've never had happen. As far as One Drive goes if you have one drive on your pc you should be able to access it on VBA10 to load the roms. I know that's not very helpful but I'm at a loss honestly for why this is happening

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you guys havent read absestos replied and said

Hello and thanks for getting in touch

I am not abandoning RetriX, although the project is on hold right now - for several reasons:

• I have become more busy at work
  • I am trying to figure out what the situation is with regards to Windows Mobile. Microsoft should still release a "Fall Creators Update" for it, even though it's not going to be the same as the PC one. Depending on what the API coverage for it is, I will have to make decisions about future development
  • I no longer have an Xbox One to develop on, which doesn't help
  • I am trying to learn Xamarin

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's good news then progress will be made at some point hopefully his work dies down, gets a pay rise, buys an xbox and learns xamarin quickly then :D

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you guys havent read absestos replied and said

Hello and thanks for getting in touch

I am not abandoning RetriX, although the project is on hold right now - for several reasons:

• I have become more busy at work
  • I am trying to figure out what the situation is with regards to Windows Mobile. Microsoft should still release a "Fall Creators Update" for it, even though it's not going to be the same as the PC one. Depending on what the API coverage for it is, I will have to make decisions about future development
  • I no longer have an Xbox One to develop on, which doesn't help
  • I am trying to learn Xamarin
Ahh, nice to get a progress update. I was worried he'd given up on it :) Still interested to know what his Retroarch changes are in relation to though?

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I don't wanna name my source because I'm unsure if he wan'ts to be named but one of our members in the community had messaged TwinAphex over IRC a few weeks ago, and from what I was told he is intent on picking up an Xbox One and porting RetroArch over to Xbox One. It just make take while and I think we're gonna have to be patient
they asked should they work on switch or xbox but switch won

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1