Mar10 Day 2024 announcements - new Mario movie, Paper Mario TTYD remaster release date, and more

Happy Mar10 day! Nintendo is celebrating its mascot by unveiling a handful of announcements featuring Mario. A two-minute video was posted to the official Nintendo YouTube channel, detailing three new bits of information. First off, Nintendo and Illumination are teaming up once more, for a second Super Mario Bros. movie. The same team in charge of the first movie will return for this project, which will release in theaters on April 3, 2026 in the United States.

Two other reveals quickly followed: the release dates for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which will be out May 23, 2024, and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, which launches on June 27, 2024.

For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.
And the crowd goes mild!

I imagine TTYD will be hype for a lot of people though. Never played it myself but I guess now I soon can.
Post automatically merged:

The new VA of Mario at the beginning was just horrible.
It really is. I guarantee you could find a better voice after 10 minutes on TikTok. Somebody somewhere can nail a 'WA-HOOO' like Charles Martinet and they're being squandered!

Last edited by Maximumbeans,

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It really is. I guarantee you could find a better voice after 10 minutes on TikTok. Somebody somewhere can nail a 'WA-HOOO' like Charles Martinet and they're being squandered!
Honestly I reckon it's because Nintendo is forcing the guy to emulate Charles' style instead of letting him do his own thing...
In Mario Wonder for example he sounded way better than say the segements of Wario Ware that used him (64DS Micro Game) and here, where it seems they *want* him to sound like Charles.

When he's allowed to do his own thing, Kevin's take on Mario is quite good.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I reckon it's because Nintendo is forcing the guy to emulate Charles' style instead of letting him do his own thing...
In Mario Wonder for example he sounded way better than say the segements of Wario Ware that used him (64DS Micro Game) and here, where it seems they *want* him to sound like Charles.

When he's allowed to do his own thing, Kevin's take on Mario is quite good.
You might be right. When somebody has voiced a role for so long and they essentially become the character, I guess it's a bit of an impossible task: try and fail to copy the exact original, or don't try and upset people who've come to expect the same thing as a constant.

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From Mario's new voice to the almost complete omnipresence of remakes and such... Pokémon Day was already bad and Mar10 Day is not better in the slightest.

I think we should quit celebrating video game characters days. My birthday is on August 4th, which is Bowser Day, and I'm not proud of that.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id argue Mario Golf Toadstool Tour is peak but otherwise definitely a shame. Very excited for TTYD on switch though, been holding off on buying the gamecube version.

Yeah, Toadstool Tour was peak. Good amount of content on its own, then even more added in once you link to Advance Tour. It's a shame that they will likely never emulate the transfer pak on NSO, or GBA-GC link cable if GC ever makes it in.

Blakeskits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone here think that this would be a Nintendo direct sized presentation like the 35th anniversary one. With the partner showcase last month, I think that Nintendo is waiting for June to reveal the rest of their current lineup
Also, we don't need more remakes. Just saying.
I mean we did need more info about these two after no info since September

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure to get Gamecube and Wii games running on the Switch at full speed they'd have to either port the games from source, or they would have to do a weird combination of the two like they did with Super Mario 3D All Stars.
Not defending them, as they're a garbage company, but just explaining likely why.

The humorous part is these remakes take far more resources to develop, and people still gripe. TTYD has entirely redone textures when they could've tossed the rom onto the eshop.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Sure, the first movie was quite fun, but I found Peach to be wildly out-of-character - she's nowhere near as gung-ho and adventure-happy and stuff in the games; she seems more dainty and ditzy in them, not to mention held captive the entire way through in most games.
The movie characters were more similar to that old Mario manga that was in Nintendo Power. Personally I don't mind the change because it was still very much a "Mario" movie; Peach didn't overshadow Mario's role in the film but also showed her competency considering that there are plenty of games where she goes on adventures alongside Mario and crew and absolutely should be able to use things like powerups to her advantage. Fleshing out the character will only raise the stakes if they ever decide to do a "princess needs saving" plot.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
They're saving that for Switch II.
1000035763.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Do they have multiplayer working on Suyu yet?
suyu??? 🤣

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The humorous part is these remakes take far more resources to develop, and people still gripe. TTYD has entirely redone textures when they could've tossed the rom onto the eshop.
I would agree emulation would take less resources if they used an open source project like Dolphin, but to develop and in house emulator capable of that would be brutal for development time and accuracy. Looks like with the GCN emulation they've done it's been a mix of a compatibility layer + porting of game assets/code

Last edited by Vorde,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
2017 Isn't that the year Switch was released?
yes, and thats when they said they will release prime 4 on the switch, as you saw in the video screenshot.
no new, official news since than afaik.

people speculate it will be on "switch 2" but thats not the official thing.
I'd stick to the official news, thank you very much.

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts