pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading about climate related attempts to curb meat consumption, I got to wondering about how different people make up their diet

I read 1/2 of Dutch people eat meat every day, which seemed quite low to me. I personally eat meat every day. I am curious what you all do.

Is meat an every day thing, for special occasions or something you never eat?

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I eat meat every day, but I'm not opposed to a vegetarian diet. I mean most "vegetarian food" here where I live is just BEYOND MEAT and I would rather eat meat at that point.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kill it, cook it and I will give it a nibble. Indeed point me at it and I will kill it, butcher it (pointers helpful but not strictly necessary if it is not normally seen on a farm or wild food shop) and cook it.

I think my favourite summary was.

You don't need to eat meat with every meal. Some say you don't need to eat meat with any meal, we call those people idiots.

My opinions on veganism are also documented in many places -- fuck that noise and it is a disgusting habit. Won't sleep with you, will be your peripheral friend but I am also friends with alcoholic chain smokers (most of which lead longer, easier, healthier and happier lives, and even more so if the alcoholism gets moderated), never the inner circle.

My general meat gobbling habits. Basically every evening meal, and probably most lunches as well (there is usually a Cornish pasty, leftovers from the weekend roast or scotch egg somewhere in the mix, though not always). Usually my favourite aspect of the meal but there are several exceptions. Lack of funds moderates things a bit (might only have roast leg of lamb a few times a month/more when in season) but were I rich man then I would probably contemplate the all meat diet for a while (though doing that properly also means no vegetables, few spices and such like which is less fun), I can however cook plenty that does not need meat and never use designated meat substitutes -- anything that needs something meat serves might do well with various types of beans. I also am very much a fan of non standard cuts, offal and other such products and cooking with those.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost daily.

They're now slowly slipping in insects and bugs to food and that's a serious problem. We avoided for years and now they're trying to push us into it because ClImAtE cHaNgE. 😐

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They're now slowly slipping in insects and bugs to food and that's a serious problem. We avoided for years and now they're trying to push us into it because ClImAtE cHaNgE. 😐
"They"?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I've been a vegetarian for 3/4 of my life. Not because of climate change or anything. I just don't like the taste of meat. Even meat flavored things aren't nice imo. I'll have meat substitutes sometimes but only when I get tired of eating pizza and pasta. Also meat doesn't seem like it's a very clean thing to eat. There's a reason "How the sausage gets made" is a saying. If you see the process of going from an animal to food you'd probably be turned off of meat. If you eat sausage you're basically eating a pig's asshole and that just seems kinda gross to me. I don't want to eat a pig's asshole and I don't know why people enjoy eating pig ass. So is Ham iirc?

Reactions: CoolMe and IC_

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My diet is mostly based in vegetables and fish. I rarely eat pork but I consume beef and chicken every week. I don't particularly enjoy eating a steak or bbc ribs for example, but I don't mind eating Hawain pizza with ham on it. It's the same with Chocolate I'd never order a chocolate cake or ice-cream but I can nibble chocolate toppings sprinkled over it.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't eat meat anymore, haven't done so for about 5/6 years. I don't really miss it, though it was hard letting it go and there were a few lapses thanks to indecision or, honestly, just forgetting :rofl2: when you always order a double cheeseburger from McDonalds, you can easily get two bites in before you look down and go 'oh whoops'.
These days I do eat fish and I'm happy with my diet. I manage to vary it without resorting to cheese all the time. In fact, my diet is far more varied since I stopped eating meat, so for me personally it was a good choice.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but were I rich man then I would probably contemplate the all meat diet for a while (though doing that properly also means no vegetables, few spices and such like which is less fun)
304411716_10166419138180510_5530073492178241847_n.jpg

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wish I could eat meat of animals that would definitely eat me if they could (lions, tigers, bears etc).

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I personally eat meat every day.
:creep:
I was going to joke around the fact of you being a mod and eating meat but I'll just express my ideas towards the topic.

Is meat an every day thing, for special occasions or something you never eat?
Yes and no. Meat is not cheap in my place, and tge price per kilo depends on varios factors. It's not the same buying 1K of Chicken that buying 1K of Pork or Cow.
Even then, prices on parts of meat varies greatly.
1K of chicken viscera is super cheap compared to most expensive Breast or Thighs.

Cow meat is the expensier over here, chicken and pork sits around the same price, varies on season/month of the year as Mexico has different stupid holidays that makes people celebrate with typical dishes, thus, around those times, meat prices rises a lot.

That said, my dogs and cat have been eating chicken/pork every single day of their lives since they arrived my home.
We always have chicken breasts/thighs on the fridge because of them.
My dad grew up eating a log of meat, so he's a fan, mom too grew up with meat, thus she hates it.
In general, me and the rest of the fam prefers vegetables over meat, or if we're having meatwe consume it with vegetables, that's either a salad, a stew, broth or rice/pasta with vegetables.

We also consume a lot of processed meat such as ham/sausages, so yes... we consume meat in different forms nearly everyday (speaking for myself as I sometimes can go an entire week without eating anything) but the choice of meat consumption is present everyday at home.

Personally, I do not like meat that much, and I will gladly eat it if the dish/recipe requires it, but if I can, I will avoid it, not because I care about saving other people's future, but because I'm tired of eating it nearly everyday.

As a protein source, I very much prefer rice, beans, peanuts, eggs, milk, legumes and vegetables over meat.

I personally eat meat every day.
Pardon me Kyle, but I'm sure you know as a doctor, about the health risks of high meat consumption. But again, I sometimes read you run couple miles, so I guess you must be ripped as fuck.
But even then, wonder if the hormones industry animals are fed with are different from country to country?

Eating meat daily, in my place will not just give you gota, but also various parasite driven diseases, which is just another reason why I avoid meat if possible... which is kind of irrational given I used to eat a lot of kidney and brains couple years ago.

OH YES! After recovering from Covid, I dislike kidney and brains 🥺😭

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's my pimp daddy he gives grants