Metroid Fusion coming to Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pass on March 9th, 2023

1677856465124.png

The beloved GameBoy Advance classic, Metroid Fusion, will be available for Nintendo Switch Online users on March 9th, 2023, announced by Nintendo through Twitter. As with all the other recently added GameBoy Advance games, Metroid Fusion will only be available for users that purchased the Expansion Pass for the service, which also includes N64 and Genesis games, as well as Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing and Splatoon 2's DLC content.

It is still unknown if the addition of Metroid Fusion to the online service will have any kind of connectivity to Metroid Prime Remaster for the possible unlocking of the Fusion Suit in Prime Remaster, which is still missing from the Remastered version releases a couple of weeks ago. The original Metroid Prime on Gamecube did have the Fusion Suit as an extra unlockable when users connected their Metroid Fusion copy for GBA through the GBA Link Cable to Metroid Prime.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And with that we will now have at least 1 version of the 5 mainline Metroid titles.

What do you mean 1 version of the 5 mainline titles?
From what I know Metroid 1, Metroid 2 and Super Metroid are all in the NES/SNES/GB NSO, and Metroid Dread is already on Switch.
Only Zero Mission would be missing.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean 1 version of the 5 mainline titles?
From what I know Metroid 1, Metroid 2 and Super Metroid are all in the NES/SNES/GB NSO, and Metroid Dread is already on Switch.
Only Zero Mission would be missing.
Metroid 1 can be the NES Original
Metroid 2 is Return of Samus
Metrioid 3 is Super Metroid
Metroid 4 is Fusion
Metroid 5 is Dread
This means we have at least one of the versions of the 5 mainline titles. Other versions would include the remakes of 1 and 2.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I love this game and have real fond memories of it.
I got banned from gamefaqs on my original account from 2001 as I was telling people to come to GBAtemp to get help to progress through the game.
Myself and another member called Tempest Stormwind were guiding people through it as it was one of the first ROMs GBAtemp dumped and released to the scene before it was officially out, so we finished it before anyone else.
It gets a bad rap but imo it's one of the best Metroid games. :bow:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Metroid 1 can be the NES Original
Metroid 2 is Return of Samus
Metrioid 3 is Super Metroid
Metroid 4 is Fusion
Metroid 5 is Dread
This means we have at least one of the versions of the 5 mainline titles. Other versions would include the remakes of 1 and 2.
Oh that's true, I misunderstood your comment thinking you meant there was only one of the main titles on NSO lol
But yes, that's true, now all the main series would be available in the service, and Zero Mission will be coming later for sure.
That'd leave all the Prime games, Other M and Samus Returns left to have the whole franchise on Switch.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this might be my most emulated game ever. I first played it when I was a kid because my neighbor had it on his GBA, then later in middle/highschool when I discovered emulation I replayed it way too many times, first on PC then on PSP and Android. Weirdly, I'm actually not a huge fan of metroidvanias, but I love 2D metroid in particular.

...I still ain't buying that switch online expansion though.

Reactions: raxadian

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From who? Everyone I know who enjoys metroid loves this one

Probably those that nag about Fusion being somewhat linear in nature compared to other 2D titles, which were more opened up, but to me the way Fusion is handled in storytelling was a great way of mixing it with the Metroid formula.

Reactions: Azael_inf

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we still doing the one game a month thing with Game Boy Advance titles? Good god.
They are just going to be slowly adding shit for years to come. The drip feed is likely to have more to add during the next console generation.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
This is a great game. I advise if you haven't played it yet to do so. The little underpowered GBA really has some gems. I hope to see the Castelevania Trilogy on it, those are also worth a playthrough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7