• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New California

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in California and I am all for this. I want to be able to live here in the state I was born in, but taxes are far too high. This place is also a liberal hellhole.

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the state California is in, it's gonna become its own fucking badass country with the motto, "C stands for weed and shit."
Don't even get me started on the national anthem.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being very pessimistic, the lines seem drawn along population and water rights considerations. That is, "New California" wants all the water and to use it as leverage to get money on the major population centers. Resources are the major reason for political boundary redraws, after all.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I find it funny how the author specifically states that one of the main reasons for proposing the split was that their state had become a one-party political system

Like mate

Your last governor was Republican

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the state California is in, it's gonna become its own fucking badass country with the motto, "C stands for weed and shit."
Don't even get me started on the national anthem.

great idea every weed legal state hurry it up and succeed from the union make your own damn country where weed is 100% legal

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The California government is a joke. Everything gets taxed, everything is deemed as causing cancer, taxes on gas, taxes on those taxes. Yeah, what a great place to live.
Yeah, there are taxes, but it really is a great place to live. The weather is nice, there are lots of different types of people, and there's a lot of cool stuff to do. I don't see how finding things that cause cancer is a bad thing.
Anyway, I love it here.

Reactions: lexarvn

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What do you think their chances are? I don't think the other regions would be too happy about that, but they problably would think that they are better without.
Simply put, it's the conservative area's trying to break away from the liberal areas. Just one of the several civil wars that America is heading towards.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there are taxes, but it really is a great place to live. The weather is nice, there are lots of different types of people, and there's a lot of cool stuff to do. I don't see how finding things that cause cancer is a bad thing.
Anyway, I love it here.

The cost of living is exorbitant.

Reactions: OctolingRift

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.