DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You do need to use the gamedisc everytime you want to boot homebrew right? (not like freemcboot on ps2)

Yep.
If you got Wind waker, it isn't much of a hassle seeing it's the fastest exploit there is.
emu_kidid is or was planning on IGR (button combo that resets the cube back into Swiss)

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
How secure was GC compared to its almost identical sequel. Somehow amazing but also somehow obvious considering how different they were in terms of sales. Many of homebrews and exploits like this might have not been made if not for the huge success of Wii, I suppose?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I waited way too long to use this and damn son! It worked! Now I just need an auto-boot into Swiss.

XenoGC or any other GCN modchip, burn a DVD with Swiss on it.
Otherwise, get Windwaker, it boots to swiss when you press start at the first screen.

How secure was GC compared to its almost identical sequel. Somehow amazing but also somehow obvious considering how different they were in terms of sales. Many of homebrews and exploits like this might have not been made if not for the huge success of Wii, I suppose?

Wii was far easier to hack.
SD became a big standard in '08/'09 etc
Not to mention the Wii has USB ports.
Far easier to load homebrews from then from an SD gecko which you needed to make yourself or had to buy.

Besides, you could install things on the Wii, unlike the GCN, where you constantly need to boot an exploit game in order to gain unsigned code access.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
XenoGC or any other GCN modchip, burn a DVD with Swiss on it.
Otherwise, get Windwaker, it boots to swiss when you press start at the first screen.

Wii was far easier to hack.
SD became a big standard in '08/'09 etc
Not to mention the Wii has USB ports.
Far easier to load homebrews from then from an SD gecko which you needed to make yourself or had to buy.
I just found that out right now. I am currently running it through Windwaker on an old Memory card that I don't use

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just found that out right now. I am currently running it through Windwaker on an old Memory card that I don't use

emu_kidid is working on IGR for the newest Swiss version.
Hopefully, Swiss will be a fully functioning GC OS replacement soon!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I will throw money at that project

I'm going to get a bunch of cheapo GCN memcards, install exploit + swiss to it, 1 for every game.
I really have some good faith for the GCN scene, atleast what is left of it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
alot of gamecubes will boot dvd-r full or mini with out a mod chip. just boot gcos 1.5

Problem is, you first need a way to boot homebrew.
It's not like the Dreamcast where you could burn a CD and boot it.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is, you first need a way to boot homebrew.
It's not like the Dreamcast where you could burn a CD and boot it.

Yep. I always had Phantasy star online and a bba. then i bought a sd nedia lanucher for easier homebrew loading. swiss does a good job of disc booting as well

Last edited by Captain_N,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Time to dust off my VIPER modded and Qoob Pro modded GC that are still connected to my TVs, only to play GBA games with my GBA Player on the big screen :)
And then i mean, opening the lid to swap the GBA player disc :P and get around with swiss (any good swiss GC tutorial around? )

Last edited by DjoeN,

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
What I can do with this? I have a GameCube, both Pokémon games and I know how to edit my saves from my Memory Card on Wii.

I mean, I can put homebrew on the memory card? Swiss has something interesting without put anything more? There's homebrew to extract GB/GBC saves with a GameBoyPlayer?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What I can do with this? I have a GameCube, both Pokémon games and I know how to edit my saves from my Memory Card on Wii.

I mean, I can put homebrew on the memory card? Swiss has something interesting without put anything more? There's homebrew to extract GB/GBC saves with a GameBoyPlayer?

Best is to get an SD gecko or burn Mini DVDs with homebrew on it (SD gecko is the best solution)
You can load game ISO's with Swiss.

Time to dust off my VIPER modded and Qoob Pro modded GC that are still connected to my TVs, only to play GBA games with my GBA Player on the big screen :)
And then i mean, opening the lid to swap the GBA player disc :P and get around with swiss (any good swiss GC tutorial around? )

Use dol2gci to convert the compressed swiss (renamed to boot.dol) to a injectable gci save file, which you can inject with GCMM to boot Swiss.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Best is to get an SD gecko or burn Mini DVDs with homebrew on it (SD gecko is the best solution)
You can load game ISO's with Swiss.
There isn't any homebrew to backup GB and GBC games/saves and restore they with the GameBoyPlayer add on? That should be awesome, I know that there's one for N64, anyone knows how to do it?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There isn't any homebrew to backup GB and GBC games/saves and restore they with the GameBoyPlayer add on? That should be awesome, I know that there's one for N64, anyone knows how to do it?

Nope.
Atleast not to me knowledge and prolly never will be as the GB Player wasn't compatible with GBC/GB games (correct me if I'm wrong)
FIX94 made a GBA backup homebrew tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work