New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not aware of this, but have they ever announced a new gen in the US and JP at the same time? The localization effort would mean a US announcement later to match up with the later release, right?
I seem to have a very faint/ vague recollection of Gen 5 (BW) being announced more or less simultaneously. Take that with a truckload of salt though. Will look it up and confirm later.

Scratch that.

Reactions: gamefan5 and Rydian

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to bisafans.de (German Pokemon fansite) the news seem to be worldwide, not just US and JP. At least http://www.pokemon.com/de/ says "big news in 4 days". I wonder what's gonna be announced, I really hope for a R/S/E remake but at the same time I fear it's just about an upcoming event like Meloetta. :/

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
One thing is for sure, Jan 8 will be NOTHING tournament related.

Mr Masuda's Twitter post:
@Junichi_Masuda: 明日1月6日7:30amからのポケモンスマッシュ!(テレビ東京系列)は第5回ポケスマ最強王座決定大会!ポケスマメンバーで1番ポケモンバトルが強いのは誰だ?!ゲームフリークの森本くん増田も出演します!ぜひ、観てください!レベルの高いバトルに乞うご期待!(^^)/~~~

Pokemon Smash from tomorrow, January 06, 7:30 am: @ Junichi_Masuda! (TV Tokyo series) is determined throne strongest tournament Pokesuma 5th! Pokemon Battle # 1 is the strongest in the Poke Suma members: Who are you? ! Also appeared Masuda, Game Freak Morimoto-kun! By all means, please watch! Stay tuned to ask to battle high level! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~

The translation is horrible but at least you guys get it.
Tournament stuff will all be shown at Jan 6.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aware of this, but have they ever announced a new gen in the US and JP at the same time? The localization effort would mean a US announcement later to match up with the later release, right?
Maybe they'll just haul ass on the translation and do a simultaneous release or maybe they just want to let people know there's some decent games coming.
Anything is possible to be honest hell maybe its on ds (unlikely) and they want to release both at once to help curb the amount of people who pirate the jap release then never bother to buy the translation.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they'll just haul ass on the translation and do a simultaneous release or maybe they just want to let people know there's some decent games coming.
Anything is possible to be honest hell maybe its on ds (unlikely) and they want to release both at once to help curb the amount of people who pirate the jap release then never bother to buy the translation.

Well we've had nearly full/completely full fan translations of Pokemon games before they're even localized. It shouldn't be that hard to localize if that's any indication on translation. This is a small group of fans without any real resources mind you compared to an entire dedicated localization team with full access to the game and its resources.

But I think we're really jumping the gun going "GEN VI HERE WE COME." If it's not Gen VI, I'll be laughing immensely at the butthurt train that follows.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well we've had nearly full/completely full fan translations of Pokemon games before they're even localized. It shouldn't be that hard to localize if that's any indication on translation. This is a small group of fans without any real resources mind you compared to an entire dedicated localization team with full access to the game and its resources.

But I think we're really jumping the gun going "GEN VI HERE WE COME." If it's not Gen VI, I'll be laughing immensely at the butthurt train that follows.

Regardless, I don't think too many people actually want Gen 6 yet. If you want to see the butthurt train, look for a "We're not getting RSE remakes."

Reactions: Deleted User

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to bisafans.de (German Pokemon fansite) the news seem to be worldwide, not just US and JP. At least http://www.pokemon.com/de/ says "big news in 4 days". I wonder what's gonna be announced, I really hope for a R/S/E remake but at the same time I fear it's just about an upcoming event like Meloetta. :/
Pokemon Ruby sapphire remake confirmed

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

This, especially this. :D

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id say release two types, since the pokemon show still goes on... i guess release a new generation game (idk sounds stupid and redundant)? But also Start afresh with The first gen series, full 3d and everything with a long game with a good story. but with everything that pokemon is known for... and more of an interactive fight system. (I would love this and would make me buy a 3ds or wii U). like gale of darkness... but not at the same time.. Open world without limitations like the portable games and no dark Pokemon or something.. -_-... i admit I thought it was cool at the time. This series honestly needs a whole revamp. I wana be able to control my pokemon.. ok im done haha.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
imagine this:
they announce that pokemon has reached its zenith and they either reboot or completely shut down gamefreak and monster inc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz