Hacking Question New switch + CFW + Ban chance

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Depends on the TYPE of ban. If you are just banned from the online gaming server then yes, you retain e-shop access and can still buy digital games, dlcs and get updates. However if you get a CDN/Cert Ban(AKA A superban) then you loose access to ALL online services which includes e-shop access and even firmware updates

But you can install those FWs and updates separately.

markuz94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To be honest, we're not sure what all they can detect, but so far we know how they can see if we're playing (or updating) pirated games while online, and ban us. So don't use CFW online at all. First and foremost, make a FULL NAND backup on a exFAT-formatted 64GB SD card (Or larger) and keep it safe on your PC somewhere, possibly two places.

Oh, and make sure you have a fully-charged battery at 100% charge before starting the NAND backup, you don't want the Switch to die during the backup process, as the Switch doesn't charge in RCM mode.

hi ive done this before on 3ds, but its my first time on switch, may i ask what is a FULL NAND back up useful for?? (its sounds very useful)

D

Deleted User

If you use bought games on cfw you will be banned too.
Cfw alone gets you Banned sometimes

What error do you get

Last edited by ,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The software could not be started. Please try again via the HOME menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could start the game on cfw. But that's been a while though

Attachments

• IMG_20181229_143433.jpg
    IMG_20181229_143433.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
D

Deleted User

Strange.

Might be corrupted datafiles.
I guess you need to delete all gamedata, remove game card and reinsert it and reinstall the Update then

Maybe you lose savedata too but that should fix it. I had a similar problem and deleting the data plus Update the gamecard again fixed it for me

N3wbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For using homebrews like retroarch or backup savers, I didn't mod my saves and didn't play online games, but my 3ds is always online.

I dont understand why you banned .. im always online .. playing backup online .. using homebrew and retroarch.. without problems .. im using godmod9 and luna ...

But im using inconito mode ... and my homebrew or fbi was injected to legit app of nintendo example: H&S

My Activity Log was always clean after each game or homebrew im using .. because i have inconito mode "ON"

No report to nintendo. Hard to ban

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2