• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New UK Prime Minister. 2022 edition. Liz Truss, conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do know that Elon Musk used to do odd jobs at farm and lumber mill before he became the richest person in the world and he went on to design some high end tech.....just saying.
He came from money, didn't exactly start as a poor boy with nothing in Iowa.
For you however there is no hope, you can only sit about and whine about things with zero contributions on how to fix them. It's OK though, someone smarter will come along - fix the problems and then you can sit about some more and bitch about that as well.
I haven't heard you mention any solutions, either, funny that. Plenty of bitching about black women tho, which checks out with your behaviour. So that means I still am more useful than you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
will go extinct in England, and tories will not win again.
See I have heard variations on that theme for decades and reading goes back centuries (even longer if we want to do the everybody thinks they are the most enlightened time in history which is a direct feeder to that one).
At best you get a rebranding (not like the Whigs died really other than as a name). More generally while I consider all politicians subhuman scum that could not organise a piss up in a brewery I will give them that they are incredibly good at getting re-elected (incumbency rates attesting to that one).

There are some interesting ponderings of genetics too if extinct is to be a term you throw around, even more so when the aspects that are above replacement level (though I have less as pertains to the UK as most seem to look at the US for the juicy stuff). https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20121204-is-politics-really-in-our-genes

Not to mention if that did happen (and it would be 5+ decades at very best https://www.statista.com/statistics/1067740/uk-general-election-poll-by-age/ , change with age is fractional as well not to mention youth don't vote all that much, and that is not withstanding some kind of serious longevity treatment which seems reasonable at this point to expect before then) then the monoparty would almost immediately split as internal factions with different preferences, risk tolerances, philosophies (even within nominally the same there are schisms, something as much of a marriage of convenience as the labour party has... I would put the bet on it being usefully measured in hours) then vie for power as mathematically they can benefit from it to enact their will. Never mind if they drop first past the post and go for one of the for want of a better term more representative voting methods*.

*for those less familiar with such concepts this video is part of a series, quite worth watching

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I haven't heard you mention any solutions, either.
I'm not the one bitching about it though am I. You are and when you read something by someone that you disagree with you try and tar them with some sort of "ism" or "ist", which is rather pathetic, just like you are for sitting about whinging to strangers on the internet about something, which you have zero idea on how to fix or offer any solutions. Meanwhile someone else will come along and fix the problem and by that point you will still be sitting about and whinging about something else to someone else that doesn't know you but thinks you're an idiot.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not the one bitching about it though am I. You are and when you read something by someone that you disagree with you try and tar them with some sort of "ism" or "ist", which is rather pathetic, just like you are for sitting about whinging to strangers on the internet about something, which you have zero idea on how to fix or offer any solutions. Meanwhile someone else will come along and fix the problem and by that point you will still be sitting about and whinging about something else to someone else that doesn't know you but thinks you're an idiot.

You're not bitching about it here, I'm sure you're bitching about it elsewhere.

Again, not my job to offer solutions and certainly not to a minus habens ImBrexile like you, who wouldn't be able to understand them anyway since you created the issue in the first place

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At best you get a rebranding (not like the Whigs died really other than as a name). More generally while I consider all politicians subhuman scum that could not organise a piss up in a brewery I will give them that they are incredibly good at getting re-elected (incumbency rates attesting to that one).

This is why all political positions need term time limits. cumulative term time limits if we go the nuclear option.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meanwhile someone else will come along and fix the problem and by that point you will still be sitting about and whinging about something else to someone else that doesn't know you but thinks you're an idiot.

Holler when the issue is fixed, if you're still alive, I'll be waiting. You can think I'm an idiot all you want, I know you are one so at best we're even.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Holler when the issue is fixed, if you're still alive, I'll be waiting. You can think I'm an idiot all you want, I know you are one so at best we're even.
If someone asked me to write a computer program to encapsulate your life, it would be short and look something like this:

Code:
void main() {
whinge(); //permanent loop
}

void whinge() {
cout << "Whinge, blah, blah, blah!";
sleep(5000); //wait 5 seconds
expected_reply();
}

void expected_reply() {
cout << "God, you really are a boring git :-( ";
cout << "Please go away!";
sleep(5000);
}

That probably resembles your current NPC coding.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone asked me to write a computer program to encapsulate your life, it would be short and look something like this:

Code:
void main() {
whinge(); //permanent loop
}

void whinge() {
cout << "Whinge, blah, blah, blah!";
sleep(5000); //wait 5 seconds
expected_reply();
}

void expected_reply() {
cout << "God, you really are a boring git :-( ";
cout << "Please go away!";
sleep(5000);
}

That probably resembles your current NPC coding.
Literally nobody would ask you anything, and even if they did, you'd fail. Big talk calling others NPC when you're basically a bot, only slighly dumber. Go handle those big wrenches which make you feel all tingly and wrong inside.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in two minds about Liz. On the one hand, it seems like a good idea to freeze energy bills. On the other, instead of going to the root of the problem (the energy companies with obscene profits - why is the cap being allowed to increase 150%? over such a short time when it's obvious people are going to die over winter) she's gonna end up making regular people pay for it by borrowing £100 billion to achieve it. It seems we lose either way.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where do you want it to be pumped? When you have a country with nearly 70 million people that crap and piss every day, they tend to produce lots of fecal matter.....what would you do with it?
I wish it could go back to the pre brexit sewage treatment centres instead.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It still goes to these treatment plants, but when these are full where are you going to put it? You can't just wish it away into the ether.
Funny how brexit caused the treatment plants to be full. It's almost like leavers are making it up as they go along, to save face.

Last year the environment agency said this to the water companies.....

“You may not be able to comply with your permit if you cannot get the chemicals you use to treat the effluent you discharge because of the UK’s new relationship with the EU.”

The sewage being pumped into the sea at record numbers since brexit, is because brexit has caused the problem. The government has also been able to relax the water companies responsibility because of brexit, which removes any incentive to actually doing anything about it.

This was all predicted before the referendum, you knew you were voting for this.

Last edited by smf,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Funny how brexit caused the treatment plants to be full. It's almost like leavers are making it up as they go along, to save face.

Last year the environment agency said this to the water companies.....

“You may not be able to comply with your permit if you cannot get the chemicals you use to treat the effluent you discharge because of the UK’s new relationship with the EU.”

The sewage being pumped into the sea at record numbers since brexit, is because brexit has caused the problem. The government has also been able to relax the water companies responsibility because of brexit, which removes any incentive to actually doing anything about it.

This was all predicted before the referendum, you knew you were voting for this.
Don't talk rubbish - the UK has it's own chemists and can make it's own chemicals if it needs to. Also most of these water companies are foreign owned as is much of our infracstucture - you can blame consecutive govenments and politicians for selling our country out and lining their own pockets in the process. Brexit is just the start of the purge, these scummy politicians will be replaced whether they like it or not and we will reclaim our country/laws/services back from these foreigners and traitorous politicians.

• Haha

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't talk rubbish - the UK has it's own chemists and can make it's own chemicals if it needs to. Also most of these water companies are foreign owned as is much of our infracstucture - you can blame consecutive govenments and politicians for selling our country out and lining their own pockets in the process. Brexit is just the start of the purge, these scummy politicians will be replaced whether they like it or not and we will reclaim our country/laws/services back from these foreigners and traitorous politicians.
Brexit was just the elite taking away your rights. Whatever war you think you're fighting, is delusional.

They can't get the chemicals due to the supply chain disruption due to brexit, it's cheaper to dump the sewage in the sea.

This is what you voted for.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Brexit was just the elite taking away your rights.

It's too expensive to make the chemicals in the UK, it's cheaper to dump the sewage in the sea.

This is what you voted for.
You don't need chemicals - you just need to put it in a tank - pump air into it aggitate it, and add a culture that eats the fecal matter. That's pretty much all a sewage treatment works does. But storage tanks have a limited capacity so unless more land is acquired and more treatment plants are built by these water companies I expect it will be more of the same.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need chemicals - you just need to put it in a tank - pump air into it aggitate it, and add a culture that eats the fecal matter. That's pretty much all a sewage treatment works does. But stroage tanks have a limited capacity so unless more land is acquired and more treatment plants are built by these water companies I expect it will be more of the same.
Maybe you should tell the water companies and the environment agency, as they disagree.

The storage tanks were enough before brexit, now they aren't. It seems you're delusional.

I don't often agree with Boris' dad.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/...stanley-johnson-discharge-seas-rivers-3815345

“We haven’t measured water quality on our beaches for three or four years now. It’s a shocking state of affairs.”

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe you should tell the water companies and the environment agency, as they disagree.

The storage tanks were enough before brexit, now they aren't. It seems you're delusional.

I don't often agree with Boris' dad.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/...stanley-johnson-discharge-seas-rivers-3815345

“We haven’t measured water quality on our beaches for three or four years now. It’s a shocking state of affairs.”
More people live here since Brexit - we have loads or illegals that have invaded our country from "war torn" French beaches. Maybe try sending them back to France so we can spend the money they are costing us on other things. There's also the strain they are putting on our resources and infrastructure - such as the extra sewage they are making.

• Haha

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was Labour's idea first and of pretty much anyone else.
Yeah, people have been screaming about it since last year but Boris never did anything so she at least gets some credit. However, Labour's idea was to get the extra money from taxing the £170 billion excess profits the companies are due to make over the next 2 years and instead Liz is going to increase our national debt by over £100 billion to give handouts to the poor companies to compensate them for the reduced profits. Which means that working people will end up paying it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Clicking on @Psionic Roshambo links opens 4 newly discovered stds