JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
In this weekly edition of Famitsu magazine, it was stated that japan will be receiving a more improved version of Metroid Fusion. As its coming to GBA on 14th February (in Japan) they get an exclusive version of metroid
Fusion.

m4screen1.png
0690_-_Metroid_Fusion_(U)_08.png

Read on here.......

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The article mentioned three specific bits,

1. The game will include a new exstensive feature, Gallery mode, including a full coverage of art work and illustrations, which can be unlocked during gameplay.

2. The game will feature more ending variations, presumably with new or different artwork, and bolder graphics. The U.S. version only had five different endings; the Famitsu quotes this number has been "increased considerably" for the Japanese version.

3. the game has three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard. Presumably this may introduce the new exstras, in addition to the new ending, alone each difficulty level could hold up to 15 differant endings.

Sadly Plans for a North American re-release of Metroid Fusion with the extra bits from the Japanese version are highly unlikely, although it may happen, but dont rais your hopes.

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yes! sadly
frown.gif

but its great if you can understand Japanese...... because thats what it will be released as.

arrrg! I have to start learning Japanese more!
frown.gif

--edit--
Djang, sorry i pressed the edit button instead of the quote button
huh.gif

-T J

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
so TJ how come no rom will get released for this?
blink.gif
can i import the cartridge & play the real thing on my euro gba? or better yetcan i import the game & release it myself?
blink.gif
unsure.gif

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
so TJ how come no rom will get released for this?
blink.gif
can i import the cartridge & play the real thing on my euro gba? or better yetcan i import the game & release it myself?Â
blink.gif
Â
unsure.gif
No what i meant was, that it will be released in Japanese as a rom, but obviously it will be in japanese, as a rom.

Now that I thought about it, a rom hacker could easily translate it, I asume th text/dialogue in the game will be the same as the U.S version of the game, so they can just get the txt from that game and import in into the new version, with only slight changes init.

-T J

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
You think they'll change the story?
Cause if its the same story, just translating it from jap to eng should be pretty easy..
but the gallery mode can be left untranslated.. or if someone is really good at jap translate it plz =)
Then we can just mod our GBA carts then insert the rom onto ours. =)

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You think they'll change the story?
Cause if its the same story, just translating it from jap to eng should be pretty easy..
but the gallery mode can be left untranslated.. or if someone is really good at jap translate it plz =)
Then we can just mod our GBA carts then insert the rom onto ours. =)
dunno, but i dont think so.

ahhh! The defficulty levels may introduce new objectives and levels
smile.gif

so the text in the game may change along with the story line, but only slightly. Also the ending would have to be changed into english, there will be more jucy pics on SAMUS
smile.gif

-T J

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if someone knows how to dump the text - i can go over the gallery areas and what not - but i dont fancy translating the entire game
frown.gif

besides you also have to consider that japanese text uses less space then english text - the game might be already translated but you would still have to resize windows and do other hacking stuff in order for the text to fit properly....

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hope I don't sound offending but, those pics you put at the top aren't from the new version are they? If they were, the year 2003 would have been included on the title screen of the game right?

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
it reminds me the dead or alive 2 affair on dc. An improve version for japan and no re release for us or europe. I don't know if there is already an european version of metroid fusion but if not we will probably have a mixed version of those two as it was the case for dead or alive 2.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think there's going to be that much of a difference. I could go through it even in Japanese -- if there's any difference in the objectives, I'll know where they are and I can spot the differences instantly. Once this comes out, I'll look for it and see what I can do. Once I find out what the differences are, I'll report back here.

-Tempest out.-

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that the change in difficulty doesn't change the objectives, just makes the enemies smarter/harder to kill. The objectives might change solely on the fact that it's an "improved" game, but as a lot of you has said, it would only be slightly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you get a chance to get a Pi5, get it, its like 3 times as fast as the Pi4 for Emu. GameCube and Wii games even play well.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if it would behoove me, mines that B model with 8GBs of RAM got mine OCed to 2GHz and the only two games I found that might work better N64 Killer Instinct and PSP Motor Storm Arctic Thunder
    +1
    Everything else runs fine
    1500 games and like 4700ish arcade games lol
    What is the best arcade ROM set to use?
    Using .139 and most of the games work.... Was happy to play Konami Devil World yesterday lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do you have the mini radiator cooler? I Jerry rigged a heatsink and 5volt fan from a dead graphics card on mine, but eventually wanna get a real cooler/fan.
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4