Next R4 Kernel coming soon!

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
any experts would like to share if this is possible? sdhc support tru software update?

btw i know if i buy sdhc card today there will be micro sd card reader included but is it possible that current card readers can support sdhc flash memory too?

It could be. We don't know much about the PIC the R4 uses ( there is no datasheet for it) and it could be possible that there is a way to write to it .

I highly doubt software is possible since the PIC first job is to 'mount' the cart and load the loader files and SDHC has a different address / sector length then SD.

Tylon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is awesome news!
The R4 Team has amazed me again.
biggrin.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one little thing:

I asked them for more details about SDHC: "is this going to be a firmware update or a new product?"
and I was answered "should be firmware".
If the update for SDHC really is via a firmware update... maybe that's what took them so long? I mean if they really have been able to add SDHC support to all R4's, I'm sure the process of figuring out HOW to do it was long and difficult. So if this all turns out to be true in the sense we're thinking, I give a nice pat on the back to the R4 guys for doing a great job.

HOWEVER, if it only works on say... the newer R4s/An even newer unreleased version of the R4... then I am greatly disappointed! Although... looking at the current prices of SDHC, I might just buy a new R4 because of the luxury of extra space. I really do need it... Hate having to delete a game to add new ones... Anyways...

Regardless of how this turns out, really looking forward to the update! (mostly to see the outcome of this whole questionable SDHC support issue, because honestly... the Wii connectivity issue isn't a concern of mine as I own Pokemon, and Worms... well you could play it anyways...)

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
HOWEVER, if it only works on say... the newer R4s/An even newer unreleased version of the R4... then I am greatly disappointed!
really?
imho, it's only normal that the current R4s don't support SDHC, so I would be gladly surprised if they could upgrade the firmware so as to implement SDHC support.
However if they had to release a new product, I would only find it normal, no big surprise here.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
HOWEVER, if it only works on say... the newer R4s/An even newer unreleased version of the R4... then I am greatly disappointed!
really?
imho, it's only normal that the current R4s don't support SDHC, so I would be gladly surprised if they could upgrade the firmware so as to implement SDHC support.
However if they had to release a new product, I would only find it normal, no big surprise here.
I meant disappointed about the wait for a new kernel.
tongue.gif
As then there really is no excuse for the wait. I wouldn't mind the wait if they somehow figured out how to get SDHC support, as I said just before saying that part.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
really?
I meant disappointed about the wait for a new kernel.
tongue.gif
As then there really is no excuse for the wait. I wouldn't mind the wait if they somehow figured out how to get SDHC support, as I said just before saying that part.
I see what you mean, yeah. What have they been doing all this time? hopefully something useful

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome news! Although I don't own a Wii and 2gb is plenty enough for me.

All I really want is a new GUI... and that's about it. But gd news!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmmm intresting, but i doubt the new update will have sdhc support, not that i need it as they are too expensive. its good about the other stuff though, i really wish they would add full touch screen support for the menu and switch those screens around.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
this proof again that r4 team sucks ass!!!11 r4 sucks because it doesn't have leds like ds-x. dancing leds are the key to get the girls, so r4 team sucks. i think they're gayz
frown.gif

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great, the R4 team is really the best
biggrin.gif

I couldn't care less about SDHC (or something like that) support, but Wii Connectivity would be great.
So what that we had too wait a bit longer for this update, they previously released an update every month, this time it took something like 2 months. That's still good, in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese-company-reveals-worlds-first-intel-lunar-lake-gaming-handheld