Nintendo Direct February 13, 2019 Roundup: Rune Factory 5 announced, Fire Emblem delayed to summer

upload_2019-2-12_14-6-39.png

It's that time again; a new Nintendo Direct is almost here. We'll be getting 35 minutes of new information on Switch titles that are scheduled for release this year, with a focus on the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The Direct will start at 2pm PT, and will be broadcasted on Nintendo's official Twitch and YouTube channels. Will your favorite rumors come true? Stay tuned to this thread to find out, as GBAtemp will be covering the Direct live, and rounding up all the major announcements.

:arrow: Watch it live, on Twitch
:arrow: Alternate link for Nintendo UK

Live Coverage

It begins with a huge one--Mario Maker. There's a whole host of custom levels shown off in the style of SMW and NSMB. Launches June 2019 for the Switch.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 gets an overview trailer. Local and online coop. Summer 2019 window.

Boxboy returns and gets its first release for the Switch. Boxboy and Boxgirl launches April 26.

Version 3.0 update comes to Smash this spring. Details to come later. Joker will launch before April.

Captain Toad is getting a free update for 2 player coop. It'll be out later today. It's also getting 18 new challenges and 5 new levels in a paid DLC expansion. March 14 for the DLC.

Bloodstained shows the most varied gameplay we've seen in a while. Launches Summer of this year.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 trailer. July 12 release.

Dragon Quest 11 for Switch is showcased. Features original and orchestrated OST. Dual audio. Dragon Quest 11 S launches this fall.

Disney Tsum Tsum Festival launches later this year.

Starlink gets more Starfox content this April.

Rune Factory 4 gets a port to Switch. Special edition.

Rune Factory 5 confirmed.

Oninaki launches later this year.

Yoshi Crafted World is getting a demo today. Launches March 29.

We're getting some lore about the world featured in Fire Emblem Three Houses. You start as a mercenary. You get to lead a group of students from one of the factions. Friendships between units will lead to bonuses in battle. Delayed to July 26.

Tetris battle royale in the free to play Tetris 99. Releases today.

Dead By Daylight hits this fall.

Delarune episode 1 launches Feb 28.

Limited demo for DaemonXMachina today. There will be a survey for players to submit feedback.

Grid Autosport shown. Motion controls. Online vs mode. Summer 2019.

Hellblade comes to the Switch. Spring.

Highlight reel. Mortal Kombat 11, Unravel 2. Assassin's Creed III. Liberation Remastered included too.

FFVII March 26. Chocobo game March 29. FFIX launches today.

Astral Chain launches this August. Made by Platinum Games. New action game.

Bayonetta 3 gets a mention. No further details.

Link's Awakening Remake caps off the Direct. Launches this year.

Highlights

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening gets a remake slated for this year.
  • Rune Factory 4 comes to Switch, with a confirmation of a Rune Factory 5.
  • Mario Maker 2 revealed.
  • Astral Chain announced, is a new action game made by Platinum Games.
  • Fire Emblem delayed, gets release date of July 26.
  • A Hat in Time launches this Spring

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably stay away from Japanese game consoles altogether if you want to avoid "weeb crap," and basing your opinions on games entirely on the aesthetic is pretty shallow. Easy to miss a lot of great games that way. To each their own, I suppose.
You really need to stop getting bothered that other people aren't interested in the same games that you are interested in.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably stay away from Japanese game consoles altogether if you want to avoid "weeb crap," and basing your opinions on games entirely on the aesthetic is pretty shallow. Easy to miss a lot of great games that way. To each their own, I suppose.
Not trashing the whole game since i played the gb original and i liked it, but game art styles can sure mess your experience especially when one seems so weird snd unifitting. It's like a mario game with hyper realistic graphics, it would certainly make me feel weird while playing it...

And the same reply i have seen to every complain about anime looking games. I know they were not made for me, but tjey could certainly have show those in separate videos so they wouldnt use the whole direct time, especially with waifu emblem three houses...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You really need to stop getting bothered that other people aren't interested in the same games that you are interested in.
Thanks, certainly expressed what i wanted to reply in fewer words.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not bothered by that, but I enjoy games from just about every genre out there. This Direct had a little bit of every genre too, so sometimes it feels like people are being negative just to be negative.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of find his distaste weird, considering his avatar and sig.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to most of the things shown in this Direct.
Avatar has nothing to do with anime xd its one of my experimental ocs. The sig is indeed and anime, but the only one i enjoy cus tcg, easy to follow plot and dragons lol

Still, looking forward for mario maker 2. All the new stuff looked pretty amazing! And slopes tho, finally for fuck sake!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not bothered by that, but I enjoy games from just about every genre out there. This Direct had a little bit of every genre too, so sometimes it feels like people are being negative just to be negative.
Well, there are also people that only enjoy certain genres. So as much as you can like everything of the direct, we can also dislike most of it not because of the sake of disliking it, but because it was unenjoyable for us.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Damn! so Switch has the best version of Dragon Quest XI
Was gonna say the same. Orchestrated soundtrack without fanmade mods make it instantly better. Now I don't regret so much for not having bought it on PC, or even PS4...

Oh yeah great direct btw.

Last edited by Zense,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that delete everything bug doesn't comes to the Switch. (Deltarune)
Avatar has nothing to do with anime xd its one of my experimental ocs. The sig is indeed and anime, but the only one i enjoy cus tcg, easy to follow plot and dragons lol
I mean, I figured that the Avatar wasn't from a show, but it is still anime inspired. No?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that delete everything bug doesn't comes to the Switch. (Deltarune)

I mean, I figured that the Avatar wasn't from a show, but it is still anime inspired. No?
It isnt. Perhaps the style of the artist makes him look like that...

By the way, is tetris battle royale available now? cant check the eshop for a while...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, there are also people that only enjoy certain genres. So as much as you can like everything of the direct, we can also dislike most of it not because of the sake of disliking it, but because it was unenjoyable for us.
I get that, but even you pointed out three games you're excited for. If that's the case and your tastes are more nuanced, then calling it a bad Direct is a bit of a stretch. It's likely that just about every Switch owner saw at least three games that appealed to them. Certainly a win from Nintendo's perspective in that regard.

It isnt. Perhaps the style of the artist makes him look like that...

By the way, is tetris battle royale available now? cant check the eshop for a while...
Yeah, Tetris 99 and Daemon X Machina demo are available now.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that, but even you pointed out three games you're excited for. If that's the case and your tastes are more nuanced, then calling it a bad Direct is a bit of a stretch. It's likely that just about every Switch owner saw at least three games that appealed to them. Certainly a win from Nintendo's perspective in that regard.

Yeah, Tetris 99 and Daemon X Machina demo are available now.
Well, certainly not everything was bad for me, but i was speaking genrally, since there were only 3 games and thats a small amount of games covered in the direct. But yeah, it's still a win for nintendo i guess.

By the way thanks for the reply, wanted to give it a try later tonight ^_^

Reactions: Xzi

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summed up reactions:

Link's Awakening = yes
FFVII and FFIX = yes
AC: 3 Remastered = yes
Super Mario Maker 2 = yes
DQXI Definitive = yes
Fire Emblem = pass

Glad there was no 3DS news this time

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was waiting for something like Dark Souls 3 (which could clearly be possible if Hellblade can run on the Switch) or Luigis Mansion 3 or Super Mario RPG 2 or even Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered. I am selling my Switch, these are very crappy games we are getting, nothing I am excited about.

Truly disappointing really.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, certainly not everything was bad for me, but i was speaking genrally, since there were only 3 games and thats a small amount of games covered in the direct. But yeah, it's still a win for nintendo i guess.
They did cover a lot of indies/ports, but mostly to fill time between the good stuff. They also covered a lot of exclusives. Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain, Yoshi's Crafted World, Bayonetta 3, Link's Awakening...maybe no one of these on its own is a system seller, but put together I think this is going to be a huge year for Switch sales. PS4 will keep selling like hotcakes also because it's cheap, but just wait for Switch's price to drop too.

I was waiting for something like Dark Souls 3 (which could clearly be possible if Hellblade can run on the Switch) or Luigis Mansion 3 or Super Mario RPG 2 or even Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered. I am selling my Switch, these are very crappy games we are getting, nothing I am excited about.

Truly disappointing really.
They already announced Luigi's Mansion 3 for Switch, they just don't have any footage to show yet apparently. From Software needs to put Dark Souls 2 on Switch first, and I'm not sure how well the remaster of DS1 sold. Prime Trilogy remastered I'm confident will happen, but they want to wait until Prime 4 is a little closer I'd guess.

Last edited by Xzi,

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
They did cover a lot of indies/ports, but mostly to fill time between the good stuff. They also covered a lot of exclusives. Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain, Yoshi's Crafted World, Bayonetta 3, Link's Awakening...maybe no one of these on its own is a system seller, but put together I think this is going to be a huge year for Switch sales. PS4 will keep selling like hotcakes also because it's cheap, but just wait for Switch's price to drop too.

They already announced Luigi's Mansion 3 for Switch, they just don't have any footage to show yet apparently. From Software needs to put Dark Souls 2 on Switch first, and I'm not sure how well the remaster of DS1 sold. Prime Trilogy remastered I'm confident will happen, but they want to wait until Prime 4 is a little closer I'd guess.

Mmm, Dark Souls is an amazing game, but who didn't play this game at least on PC if not on console already? What am saying is that I don't think sales are too good for DS, and if that's how From Software is analyzing future ports, then no DS3 for us on Switch.

Ideally for me was having the chance of playing DS3, the PS4 port was a stutter mess, so to me, it would've been ideal to have a Switch version, even if downgraded. But well, what can you do right?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, Dark Souls is an amazing game, but who didn't play this game at least on PC if not on console already? What am saying is that I don't think sales are too good for DS, and if that's how From Software is analyzing future ports, then no DS3 for us on Switch.
Actually, after Googling it, Dark Souls 2 is rumored to be coming to Switch, so who knows. From my experience, DS2 definitely ran smoother than DS1, so perhaps it will be easier to optimize for Switch's SDK.

Reactions: nashismo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1