Nintendo & GBAtemp

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok So ive heard tht a few year ago when gbatemp used to host roms or links to roms or whatever the situation was and it used to be closed down regularly ( It may not be the truth if not please correct me )

So you think nintendo watches Temp very closely or do you think they just get on with their ap creating lives

And if anyone knows of any storys of Nintendo gettin involved with gbatemp plz tell.

P.S Do you think people working for nintendo have accounts here in the past has there ever been any Nintendo people here.

Thnx for the info and feel free to add or correct my information ( Again i heard this from someone else so may not be true.)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. GBAtemp is very strict on its stance on ROMs. Not to mention that while GBAtemp is decently large, it's still just another cockroach to Nintendo. Well, maybe not a cockroach, since we don't host ROMs any more.

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jaxxster said:
id guess someone from nintendo keeps an eye on the larger nintendo hacking communities to keep in the know of whats been hacked and cracked.
I bet tht would be a pretty gud job. or maybe they have hired some of the greatest game hackers thru the world and are slowy decieving us into briking ever machine we have, or not who knows

Plus i bet for a fact the person who has to keep an eye on the homebrew scene has set his machine to use homebrew aswell.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Jaxxter: Hehe says you"the heretic" and your avatar is a Ninty sign

laugh.gif

burn the heretic

D

Deleted_171835

Pish-posh! Nintendo can't do shit to GBAtemp. We have Nadrian, Domination, Guild McCommunist, omgpwn666, anaxs, alidsl, Thordrian, Rykin, Vidboy10, luke_c, War, Veho, Aeon, and of course REVOLUTIONIZE. Anybody I forgot?!

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Revolutionize said:
Pish-posh! Nintendo can't do shit to GBAtemp. We have Nadrian, Domination, Guild McCommunist, omgpwn666, anaxs, alidsl, Thordrian, Rykin, Vidboy10, luke_c, War, Veho, Aeon, and of course REVOLUTIONIZE. Anybody I forgot?!

OMFG you like forgot the most important person ever P1NGPONG you have disgraced GBAtemp just turn around and leave, yes just leave and think bout wht uve done. and theres tony plutonij i like his name . Hey tony i like your name

D

Deleted_171835

danny600kill said:
Revolutionize said:

OMFG you like forgot the most important person ever P1NGPONG you have disgraced GBAtemp just turn around and leave, yes just leave and think bout wht uve done. and theres tony plutonij i like his name . Hey tony i like your name

Aaaackkk! I forgot P1NGPONG and Toni Pluttonij! Gaaaaaahhhhh! I must have lost some brain cells. Who would forgot them?!!!!

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey alidsl when did you change your avatar?? I kinda liked the banana one lmao, but coming to the point there probably is not one but a few member's of this forum who either pass on info or work directly with ninty here, afterall this is one of the most popular forums when it comes to anything related to ninty consoles...

D

Deleted_171835

alidsl said:
you forgot Antonkan

Aiyayayay! Antonkan. And oh no, I forgot, THHHHEEE Almighty Hadrian. Costello, elixrdream and Thordrian, are important too. And, Trolley Dave!!! Gaaa'h. Help me people!

edit: added Trolley Dave

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Revolutionize said:
alidsl said:
you forgot Antonkan

Aiyayayay! Antonkan. And oh no, I forgot, THHHHEEE Almighty Hadrian. Costello, elixrdream and Thordrian, are important too. And, Trolley Dave!!! Gaaa'h. Help me people!

yeh we shud kinda stop metioning random members in the thread and get back to the topic in hand ( Even if they are really cool members ( Hadrian now called Thordrian))

Anyways i bet that Nintendo has like a small work force who scan thru the intertube searching for homebrew sites like this then keep an eye on them and when they slip up just once they bring out there banhammer, well intertube deleting ray in there case.

D

Deleted_171835

danny600kill said:
Revolutionize said:
alidsl said:
you forgot Antonkan

yeh we shud kinda stop metioning random members in the thread and get back to the topic in hand ( Even if they are really cool members ( Hadrian now called Thordrian))

Anyways i bet that Nintendo has like a small work force who scan thru the intertube searching for homebrew sites like this then keep an eye on them and when they slip up just once they bring out there banhammer, well intertube deleting ray in there case.

M'kay. I know he is Thordrian but HADRIAN sounds WAY cooler. With our military force (members), Nintendo can't mess with us!!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
enough sucking other members cocks and back on topic perhaps?

Like i said it wouldnt suprise me if someone took half an hour to an hour a day just to check what the latest developments are in hacking, plus could also help them gain an insight to why people pirate and feedback.

D

Deleted_171835

anaxs said:
the temp is safe, as long as it doesnt host roms...
but u gotta thank nintendo for all the games..xD

I thanked Nintendo for Bowsers Inside Story, but when I got reminded that they let Imagine: Total Shit Games Like This get released. I instantly got angry again.
wacko.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo wouldn't have issues with this site if they made the DS more accessible for developers who want to make their own games, with the 360 and PS3 having downloadable games and Wiiware available, they really need to make handhelds like the DSi as well as the Wii more friendly towards those independent groups who are making their own homebrew games and software without the need for software mods and hacking. I mean shit, some of the stuff available for the DS in terms of homebrew isn't that great, doubt it would be worth buying but it gets people involved as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P