Hacking nintendo hacked?

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all they did is get the apache server config file............dosen't look like anyone can do much with that....infact i could prolly do the same thing...........nothing to worry about

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Nintendo Official Annoucement:

We are deeply sorry to announce that our servers have been compromised, because of this we'll have to shut down all our web based services including:
-WiiWare
-DsiWare
-eShop
And every games online feature until further notice.

This incident will also affect every nintendo entertainment system's firmware update (including Wii/DSi/3DS), so we are sorry to announce you that the monday 3DS update will be delayed until further notice.

We will keep you updated about this incident as soon as we can.

I'm just jocking, I'll be pissed as much as you if this incident delays the 3DSupdate.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
LOL what a joke!
rofl.gif

gman666

Cubicle Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shawnanastasio said:
all they did is get the apache server config file............dosen't look like anyone can do much with that....infact i could prolly do the same thing...........nothing to worry about
Dont you think if you can do something like this then other people will delve deeper into nintendo.... i mean if you saw ur friends all jump a fence wouldnt you try to do something better

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but no one can do anything better than this...........well maybe if they spent months, but i dont know anyone mentally ill enough to do that.......

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
They have several custom scripts to gather/trigger server info. Perhaps some holes inside PHP.

PHP admins should release a fix fast to enhance security (and to protect us, as clients)

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
One thing is for sure - these hackers are scary.
Not really ...hackers like lulzsec are important...they come around every once in a while and make sure they aren't half assing cyber security

People could do much worse in their situation
unsure.gif

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Just before June update.
>Gets everyone's attention.
>Tells people they're sharing the bug with Nintendo.
>Possible update delay
>Possible patch up of an upcoming hack

Deary dear. Lulz is a genius.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys should read the posts on this link seems like all the hackers are getting themselves into deep s@%t
anonymous
lulz
lots more....http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/6/4/hacker-rampage-targets-numerous-web-sites/

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They gained recognition because they hacked sites with the absolute worst security on the net.

Nintendo actually has a security team, they won't get in so easily.

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
They gained recognition because they hacked sites with the absolute worst security on the net.

Nintendo actually has a security team, they won't get in so easily.

+1. I have more confidence in Nintendo than the other companies out there.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think that this is all BS , i think its either a group of elite corporte and banking interests or the cia or other government agency or both , or it should atleast be given some thought
i mean think about it ,these people attack their own networks and interests or hire somone to attack them
just so that they can implement these ridiculous draconian communist china like internet bills
legislation that would effectively kill free speech on the net and give the corporations and government almost complete control over the internet
and just look at the timing of this , its just after they tried to pass the protect ip act last thursday ,well they did pass it,it passed a senate judiciary committee but it had a hold placed on it by one (D) senator form oregon ,this is the bill formerly known as coica in case you dont know , now known as protect ip or pipa
maybe they are trying to scare this bill through as well as other legislation ,like more additions to the internet security act,their is so much new legislation that is trying to change and take control over the internet and had the whole thing over to the U.S. government and corporations that it is hard to keep track of it all
basically it goes something like this ,this is almost identical to, only not as bad as the protect ip act aka the coica act aka pipa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlFyoEKV0dE..._embedded#at=92
everyone should go to demandprogress.org and fight this sort of thing by signing the petition against it and also the eff website as well

smells like a typical classic false fag attack campaign to me

oh and it was totally obvious that boudincacas joke post was fake , i mean we all know that there arent anymore wii upadates ,so there wouldnt be any to be delayed =)

if there are real hackers doing the sort of stuff that anon did to sony ,you would think that they would make some demands from them first before conducting these attacks ,try extorting something usefull out of them if their going to do attacks,then attack them if they dont deliver the goods

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1