Hardware Nintendo had the better show!

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The coolest part about Nintendo's conference was all the the third-party support for the Wii U. I mean, Ubisoft on their own had the most impressive video game content, but it's good to see games like ZombieU on the list of launch titles for the new console.

Still though, I can't shake the feeling that Nintendo might be a step behind with their new console. Obviously the entire focus of the Wii U involves their new controller and it's unique combination with the TV display, but I just really hope I can actually get immersed in the gameplay to come from this console. It was tough for me to play anything on the Wii for more than a few hours, unless it was Zelda or an RPG; those two things naturally hook me in for long periods of time. Still gonna buy the thing most likely - these launch titles are pretty good - I hope I'm not broke when it finally comes out.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scribblenauts Unlimited = A very happy machomuu.

They're finally letting us create objects, which I've been wanting for so long, but I never actually thought they'd do it. Not to mention the game is MUCH bigger, and there's a story. I'm very excited for it, it's probably the best thing I've seen at E3 so far.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NIntendo was great, but maybe it was me, but it seemed like everybody who wasn't japanese was kinda tripping over their words and getting tongue tied at times...even Reggie lol...I know, no one is perfect :P

But Microsoft, Sony and EA's presentations I didn't see a problem that much...yet again..they didn't talk as much either.. :P

oh...3D pokemon that use graphics in battle that the pokedex 3D has and *shut the fuck up and take my goddamn money*
Who are you kidding they all were a let down. Fuck E3!, Fuck it right to hell!
U MAD cause U couldn't go?? :tpi:

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually interested in their "NintendoLand", and "Miiverse". To me, it seems to be a better version of Sony's Playstation "Home". I'd love to spend more time wandering around in "Home", but it's become uncomfortable after a while because it's _too_ realistic-looking. If Miiverse and Nintendoland can deliver that social medium without making people uncomfortable, it would be awesome.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm actually interested in their "NintendoLand", and "Miiverse". To me, it seems to be a better version of Sony's Playstation "Home". I'd love to spend more time wandering around in "Home", but it's become uncomfortable after a while because it's _too_ realistic-looking. If Miiverse and Nintendoland can deliver that social medium without making people uncomfortable, it would be awesome.
Nintendo Land is consisted of more than 10 different mini games (each having one unique Nintendo franchise).

And for those of you who are interested, the Wii U GamePad has a 3 - 5 hour battery life. It's not too bad for a console since you can charge it straight after playing or you can charge at the same time.

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, remember when everyone was excited for Nintendo to announce Pikmin 3?

Now it's suddenly "LOL who cares about Pikmin?"

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loved nintendo conference this year i thought the WiiU came out looking good and the 3 3DS games they showed are all ones i plan to pick up plus there is still gonna be more 3ds content being shown wednesday. My overall budget for the WiiU launch is gonna be about 800-1000 dollars between.

WiiU System (black if available at launch)
extra WiiU gamepad (if there available at launch to buy seperate)
2-3 WiiU Pro Controllers

New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Nintendo Land (unless it ends up bundled with the system)
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
Lego City Undercover
Darksiders 2
Assassins Creed 2
Batman Arkham City

maybe i will end up buying a small 500GB hdd specifically for the WiiU

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No.

Not even Shigsy was excited to announce Pikmin 3, he had to do it after the main stage show last year.
you must not pay attention much. Pikmin 3 was originally announced back in 2008 to be in development for the Wii form then on every E3 after that gaming news sites were always like, "Where is Pikmin 3?". It wasnt untill the round table at last year that the game was moved from Wii to WiiU.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

No.

Not even Shigsy was excited to announce Pikmin 3, he had to do it after the main stage show last year.
you must not pay attention much. Pikmin 3 was originally announced back in 2008 to be in development for the Wii form then on every E3 after that gaming news sites were always like, "Where is Pikmin 3?". It wasnt untill the round table at last year that the game was moved from Wii to WiiU.

Indeed, but in recent years Nintendo's been shoehorning it, to the point where last year it had to be dragged out of Miyamoto post event because they didn't want to announce it on the main stage. It isn't that great a title, let's be fair.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll have to criticize the way nintendo brings things (semi-Engrish) and in what order (scribblenauts -> Zombiu -> nintendoland...nice going mixing up differentiating different target audiences :P ). But on paper, they were the ones with the best info.

Ubisoft was more enjoyable to watch, but this was mainly because they actually made a show out of it (getting CEO's up to read their lines isn't exactly a show). The irony is that this was at least partially because they showcased wiiU games.

Anyhow...nintendo seem to check on most of the major points:
-good launch line-up: check
-third party support: check
-innovative use of the gamepad: check

They're certainly aiming at different kinds of gamers, but I kinda doubt how successful that'll be. The hardcore gamers wouldn't care less about "connectivity with your family" or nintendoland*, and zombiu and a boosted port of Arkham City may be a bit meager to draw those guys in.

Finally...a bit sad that they didn't announce a namechange. And no release date. (I think I heard Reggie say something like "the rest of you will have to wait until this holiday to play it"...but that was probably a slip up (released within a month would be worthy of a proper announcement, right? :P ).

*honestly...I hope this is just the included game with the console, because it sounds WAY to self-gratifying to have to purchase. My back shivers in disgust at the thought that the competition would release "sonyland" or "microsoft country"

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No.

Indeed, but in recent years Nintendo's been shoehorning it, to the point where last year it had to be dragged out of Miyamoto post event because they didn't want to announce it on the main stage. It isn't that great a title, let's be fair.
pikmin 2 is easily one of the best games on the gamecube and is currently sitting at a 90/100 on metacritic reviewers loved it and most people i made try the game loved it. So don't be so quick to downplay Pikmin 3 as a "not so great game", what people need to learn is if you dont like a game it doesnt mean its a bad game it just means you have different tastes. I'm personally not a fan of the Uncharted series or the mass effect games but you wont ever here me say that there not great games.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

No.

pikmin 2 is easily one of the best games on the gamecube and is currently sitting at a 90/100 on metacritic reviewers loved it and most people i made try the game loved it. So don't be so quick to downplay Pikmin 3 as a "not so great game", what people need to learn is if you dont like a game it doesnt mean its a bad game it just means you have different tastes. I'm personally not a fan of the Uncharted series or the mass effect games but you wont ever here me say that there not great games.

I only mean "not great" in comparison to what Nintendo could have shown. Nintendo are sitting on a lot of first parties that are in the high 90s, not just 90%. But your point is fair.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Watch out guys, because professional electrical engineer, Foxi4 is here. Not only does he understand electronics better than anyone else in his field, but he has some of the most original ideas ever.

Really, Nintendo should snap this guy up. Noone in Nintendo would be able to come up with the idea of being able to use 4 controllers at once, or splitscreen gameplay. That unique and original idea belongs to genius mastermind, Foxi4.

And not only this, but he knows how easy it would be to implement it. While the whole of Nintendo's team faff around with NFC and geomagnetic sensors, this guy knows the best way to stream data to controllers.

It's a real shame Foxi4 hasn't met with Iwata, because there's noone else in the whole company who could come up with the idea of four controllers without him, or come up with an engineering solution for it as well as him.
Exactly.

Please, show me how mad you are. I need more, more!

And seriously, the lack of 4-WiiU Game Pad controller is the only thing that sort of disappoints me in the console, but I can live without it, I suppose. Here's for hoping that they'll carry on working on this issue.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Watch out guys, because professional electrical engineer, Foxi4 is here. Not only does he understand electronics better than anyone else in his field, but he has some of the most original ideas ever.

Really, Nintendo should snap this guy up. Noone in Nintendo would be able to come up with the idea of being able to use 4 controllers at once, or splitscreen gameplay. That unique and original idea belongs to genius mastermind, Foxi4.

And not only this, but he knows how easy it would be to implement it. While the whole of Nintendo's team faff around with NFC and geomagnetic sensors, this guy knows the best way to stream data to controllers.

It's a real shame Foxi4 hasn't met with Iwata, because there's noone else in the whole company who could come up with the idea of four controllers without him, or come up with an engineering solution for it as well as him.
Exactly.

Please, show me how mad you are. I need more, more!

And seriously, the lack of 4-WiiU Game Pad controller is the only thing that sort of disappoints me in the console, but I can live without it, I suppose. Here's for hoping that they'll carry on working on this issue.
You do realize how expensive the Wii U Gamepad will be right... There is no way someone could afford 4...

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No.

I only mean "not great" in comparison to what Nintendo could have shown. Nintendo are sitting on a lot of first parties that are in the high 90s, not just 90%. But your point is fair.
Hmm... idk about the points Pikmin has had but I do know that I have had fun with Pikmin 1 & 2 so this will be tittle I will definitely purchase :yay:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We still haven't seen it all. so why complain yet? They said there will be a massive line-up for the 3DS today.
What I fear is that the massive lineup is just a string of titles which have already been announced and they are simply holding game demos.

Seriously how much can you show in 1 hour?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1