Nintendo Switch firmware 15.0 released, patches a kernel bug

NSwitchTop.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware update is on the horizon. System software version 15.0.0 is available to download now, bringing only some minor updates that include the traditional stability, and Bluetooth and Ethernet related tweaks. Given the major new firmware number, there's not much to see here, although it does break support with Atmosphere CFW. 15.0 apparently patches a kernel bug, though SciresM is already working on getting Atmosphere working with the new update as soon as possible.

:arrow: Source

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There was also patched Bluetooth joycons exploit that helps defeating ASLR, but we had also other exploits that can do the same. It doesn't expand possible exploit chain. It just gives more FWs available to this kind of exploit.
That's true! Still must be a trust zone exploit (I think it was called?) to have full access

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually an atmosphere update to support a new firmware will be pushed out asap and won't contain many changes beyond that firmware support, and whatever small fixes/changes were already done but weren't worth an updated release on their own. Not likely to get any big new features unless they were coincidentally planned for immediate release anyway.
Maybe you haven't been around that much, there were usually goodies.

Reactions: hippy dave

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Nintendo really has made the Switch the most boring system out there. Yet another major number jump and literally nothing of value was added.
Reminder that the switch is supposed to have hard drive support

Screenshot_20221011-124845_Firefox.png

Or how about fricken themes. Themes would be nice.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reminder that the switch is supposed to have hard drive support

View attachment 331435
Or how about fricken themes. Themes would be nice.
Literally anything interesting would be nice. The Switch has continued to have the most boring updates and honestly be the most boring system. Nintendo really just made this innovation of merging handheld and home, then just stopped there.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man these people whining about themes... Do you guys look at your background that long before deciding to play a game?

I only want a pure black theme as it would be very useful for the OLED models, the current black theme looks grayish and the OLED screens, for some reason, converts gray tones to grainy colored garbage.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Man these people whining about themes... Do you guys look at your background that long before deciding to play a game?
That's a point I don't understand either....

It's exactly the same as the Wii U with the title limit (maybe a stupid example, but whatever). The users are so obsessed with getting around this limit. That baffles me. Because that can be easily "fixed" by simply deleting titles. But seems to be too simple for some humans.

Reactions: Halbour

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I only want a pure black theme as it would be very useful for the OLED models, the current black theme looks grayish and the OLED screens, for some reason, converts gray tones to grainy colored garbage.
But how long do you watch the background before booting a game? That's the whole spiel I don't understand. Why would Nintendo put down resources for something people use for 2-3 seconds?

Reactions: shanefromoz

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Man these people whining about themes
We only "whine" since it seemed pretty obivious that we were (or at least was planned until it got lost) going to get some additional themes given the "basic black" and "basic white" options. 3ds had themes, even using the same naming convention. "Basic (color)" with basic being nothing special other than changing the color.
It's exactly the same as the Wii U with the title limit (maybe a stupid example, but whatever).
It's not the same. One is a intended limitation. The other is clearly a feature that was at somepoint meant to be expanded upon.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, you know you could say the same thing about desktop backgrounds on a pc, yet most people want something that fits their personality even if they see it like 5 percent of the time.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except the Switch!
It's to stable for that!
well, you could say that ps5 doesn't have themes either, and the series x ones are like 10 of 'em or so. and, don't get me started on the bullshit folder system. I haven't found such an option with the series x, and the ones on the ps5 and the switch are a joke.
Post automatically merged:

when correcting some grammar or typos warrants an update, we know we're in trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL