Nintendo Switch firmware 15.0 released, patches a kernel bug

NSwitchTop.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware update is on the horizon. System software version 15.0.0 is available to download now, bringing only some minor updates that include the traditional stability, and Bluetooth and Ethernet related tweaks. Given the major new firmware number, there's not much to see here, although it does break support with Atmosphere CFW. 15.0 apparently patches a kernel bug, though SciresM is already working on getting Atmosphere working with the new update as soon as possible.

:arrow: Source

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Do you know you can have private branches?
Sure, but SciresM has been very vocal about having everything he does on Atmosphere being out in the open so that people can see how CFWs are developed. He said he doesn't want it to be like previous consoles where everything was done behind closed doors until it was ready to be released.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
(I do love me some Splatoon... 👀)

But yeah, they shoulda just called it Frozen Rocket in plain English then.
Woah, frozen rocket actually sounds cool! Fusee Gulee (excuse me if I'm not spelling that right, sorry) though just sounds like a Banjo-Kazooie fan game.
(also if I ever figure out how to jailbreak the facebook portal TV, I'm calling the exploit something like Cake³, or something else in reference to Portal)

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
little question,
im still on 11.0.0
is there a way to update to 15.0 and leave 11.0.0
i still use Sxos and is there a simple way to update everything?

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
After updating to 15.0 FW, Switch stopped seeing my 5 GHz (80 MHz wide) Wi-Fi. Was connected to it before. After a reboot it was saved in the settings, no connection. Removed it and it's not detected anymore.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to 15.0 FW, Switch stopped seeing my 5 GHz (80 MHz wide) Wi-Fi. Was connected to it before. After a reboot it was saved in the settings, no connection. Removed it and it's not detected anymore.
Try removing any homebrew you have. Could be damaged by incompatible homebrew. If you are not on CFW then send a angry message to Nintendo

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Last resort buy new router

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just change your 5ghz channel to any number below 100

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Play around with your 5GHz channel, I have a Switch that can't see one of my two 5GHz bands.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Just change your 5ghz channel to any number below 100
This might be the case, I changed my 5GHz country several times, Australia works and visible at channel 40, 80MHz wide. It was set as Singapore for 5+ years and there were no issues.
Kinda strange that they would break it just like this.

Reactions: QCLasky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk