Nintendo Switch Online gets missions & rewards

M_G01_header_en.jpg

With the latest update, Nintendo has added a new feature to their Nintendo Switch Online service, with a new section called Missions & Rewards. Completing certain tasks will reward players with My Nintendo platinum points, which can be redeemed for physical and digital rewards. Missions mainly consist of broad, simple tasks, like trying out games on the NES & SNES, playing a game with online play, or backing up save data. Platinum points can be redeemed for digital wallpapers and printable documents on the My Nintendo page, certain physical items on the My Nintendo store, or to get new exclusive user icons on the Nintendo Switch. Exclusively for NSO members, user icons can now be customized to an extent, with platinum points able to used to purchase different frames, characters and backgrounds to make a user icon. Each month will have a different theme, and specific elements will be swapped out every week.

LHA-493-NSO_M_G_GameNews_march_0224-EN_v01.jpg

:arrow: Source

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, personally, I'd prefer the kind of merchandise the old Club Nintendo had
Like Game card case (I know there is one, but it is lame and has a capacity of only 8 game card :( ), exclusive t-shirt, cap, stuff like that.
I find the available items buyable from nintendo point... lame...

Reactions: Hanafuda

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a second I thought Nintendo realised it's 2022 and finally implemented achievements after reading the headline of this news.
But I was wrong. Nevermind.
There's obviously demand for achievements so Nintendo ought to implement it. Same goes for messaging, but also a nope from Nintendo. Really stubborn dicks.

Personally, I disable trophy notifications on my PS4 (and achievements on the 360) as I don't care about it. I just wanna play the game like them old days.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the digital stuff was a hundred times better, hell, I got a free 3DS game out of it right before it closed off. (Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D) My Nintendo is just....sad.

Great game. Takes forever to 100%.

I got a couple games, a "Game & Watch : Ball", a couple T-shirts for my kids, a Majora's Mask soundtrack CD (still unopened), a set of 25 Nintendo 'flair' buttons (still unopened), a deck of translucent plastic Mario playing cards (opened but never used), and some other smalltime junk my kids wanted. Real stuff, most worth keeping. It was like, "Thanks for playing!" actually meant something.

Reactions: mr_switch

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great game. Takes forever to 100%.

I got a couple games, a "Game & Watch : Ball", a couple T-shirts for my kids, a Majora's Mask soundtrack CD (still unopened), a set of 25 Nintendo 'flair' buttons (still unopened), a deck of translucent plastic Mario playing cards (opened but never used), and some other smalltime junk my kids wanted. Real stuff, most worth keeping. It was like, "Thanks for playing!" actually meant something.
I kinda completed it on the Wii (I think, can't remember if I managed the 5 Monkey Trial level or not), then again the 3DS version has new levels, I should check those out at some point. I kinda stopped playing on the last main world, lol.

Reactions: Hanafuda

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I almost got excited, thinking that this would finally be a way to collect the My Nintendo Platinum Points featured on the website. Yet again, Nintendo does their own strange thing by not incorporating that feature at all, but instead have it where you can get... icons?

The mission thing is kind of a nice added feature, having you do certain missions during set dates to get a bunch of points. However, I was really hoping to access all of the My Nintendo missions and rewards on the Switch. Again, more let-downs. :(

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's finally copy what others already do but give you crap in return of doing crap.

Id rather see improvements to its own emulators which is retarded how nintendo cant emulate its own consoles while others have near flawless emulators for decades.

Why do people even invest in nintendont anymore.

Reactions: TomRiddle

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are so many of you so mad about the lack of achievements? You know they’re just games right?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's finally copy what others already do but give you crap in return of doing crap.

Id rather see improvements to its own emulators which is retarded how nintendo cant emulate its own consoles while others have near flawless emulators for decades.

Seems like someone hit their head a little too hard 🤔

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I miss Club Nintendo. Simple rules, real merch.
I've been using My Nintendo sense 2018 and honestly for the most part it's pretty mediocre across the board when it comes between wallpaper & shit starter guides, sales that never account for switch and so on so on.

I just really wish that I had jumped on the Club Nintendo bandwagon sooner, but alas it's too late for me now.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo actually did update at least the n64 emulator recently, so things like the fog in oot are fixed. looks like it was in January actually: https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-switchs-latest-update-appears-to-improve-n64-emulation

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, Nintendo is actually trying to get with the times. Now if they could do achievements and bring back themes for the main menu
Didn't they only (unfortunately) only do that with the 3DS?

For pretty much across the board Nintendo has never done themes or achivements for lacking behind the time and locking freedom and customization on what people can do with their hardware.

The latter reason is why homebrew is so popular with Nintendo consoles.

Reactions: NayrTheLovable

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: godreborn

NayrTheLovable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they only (unfortunately) only do that with the 3DS?

For pretty much across the board Nintendo has never done themes or achivements for lacking behind the time and locking freedom and customization on what people can do with their hardware.

The latter reason is why homebrew is so popular with Nintendo consoles.
Yep, 3DS was the first and only time they ever did themes. Just doesn't make sense why they'd make a market off of it for that console, but not the Switch. I'd be willing to throw cash for themes, just as I did for the 3DS.

And yeah, they've never really done anything past themes and NSO (though they're obviously still figuring that out), to make their consoles catch up with the times. I know they like being innovative with their tech, but they really need to add similar features that Sony and Microsoft have been doing for years.

Definitely a case of being behind the times and just being too overprotective with their stuff.

And yeah, if they weren't so overprotective and behind, homebrew wouldn't be as popular as it is. The consumers just prove how much more the consoles could provide.

Also, love your signature btw. Good to see another fellow SOG on here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.