Nintendo Switch Online gets missions & rewards

M_G01_header_en.jpg

With the latest update, Nintendo has added a new feature to their Nintendo Switch Online service, with a new section called Missions & Rewards. Completing certain tasks will reward players with My Nintendo platinum points, which can be redeemed for physical and digital rewards. Missions mainly consist of broad, simple tasks, like trying out games on the NES & SNES, playing a game with online play, or backing up save data. Platinum points can be redeemed for digital wallpapers and printable documents on the My Nintendo page, certain physical items on the My Nintendo store, or to get new exclusive user icons on the Nintendo Switch. Exclusively for NSO members, user icons can now be customized to an extent, with platinum points able to used to purchase different frames, characters and backgrounds to make a user icon. Each month will have a different theme, and specific elements will be swapped out every week.

LHA-493-NSO_M_G_GameNews_march_0224-EN_v01.jpg

:arrow: Source

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice, but it doesn't work already... I played Super Mario Bros. On NES app and it doesn't complete. I tried everything, letting the game open and then go to the Switch Online rewards icon, still not unlocked... So stupid..

Good idea, but it has to work.... And it doesn't. Cloud backup didn't work either.. That mission didn't complete either.. The other 2 were already completed when I got there.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Aren't achievements something that has to be implemented by the games, triggering after certain conditions?

Nintendo would have to, you know, talk to people and ask them to implement them and then make the system connect to the achievement api.

Are the physical rewards worthy of a damn?
Digital crap is crap.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more ways to get platinum coins...when there is barely anything good to spend them on. they better keep a good roll out with those profile icon options

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Club Nintendo this is not. After hoarding platinum points since launch I can say they're useless, especially if you live outside the US.

Unless Nintendo is giving some games to exchange those points for I don't care

Reactions: mr_switch

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the rewards points you get on gamepass for playing gamepass games or completing achievements on them. The main difference is on gamepass you can actually get free games with the reward points (the equal of gold points on switch). unfortunately you cannot get free games with platinum points

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda wish Nintendo would implement a full blown achievement system. because it's lacking, my priority will be the ps5 and the series x over the switch, if a game is on all consoles. I'm not really an achievement person, but I only have like 6 trophies with my psn account and a gamerscore of like 70. that's what happens when you don't play games for two generations, I guess. I only like them since they seem to travel with you each generation even with systems that don't have bc.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I thought, like many before me, that this was achievements... Oh well, I can still say that I've developed more Nintendo (N64) achievements than Nintendo. XD

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice, but it doesn't work already... I played Super Mario Bros. On NES app and it doesn't complete. I tried everything, letting the game open and then go to the Switch Online rewards icon, still not unlocked... So stupid..

Good idea, but it has to work.... And it doesn't. Cloud backup didn't work either.. That mission didn't complete either.. The other 2 were already completed when I got there.
Figures this is the reason why myself and I’m sure a ton of people got screwed out of the Mario pins because it wasn’t syncing and enabling the reward for it ,now this bs :wacko: oh boy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?