Nintendo Switch Online gets missions & rewards

M_G01_header_en.jpg

With the latest update, Nintendo has added a new feature to their Nintendo Switch Online service, with a new section called Missions & Rewards. Completing certain tasks will reward players with My Nintendo platinum points, which can be redeemed for physical and digital rewards. Missions mainly consist of broad, simple tasks, like trying out games on the NES & SNES, playing a game with online play, or backing up save data. Platinum points can be redeemed for digital wallpapers and printable documents on the My Nintendo page, certain physical items on the My Nintendo store, or to get new exclusive user icons on the Nintendo Switch. Exclusively for NSO members, user icons can now be customized to an extent, with platinum points able to used to purchase different frames, characters and backgrounds to make a user icon. Each month will have a different theme, and specific elements will be swapped out every week.

LHA-493-NSO_M_G_GameNews_march_0224-EN_v01.jpg

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, 3DS was the first and only time they ever did themes. Just doesn't make sense why they'd make a market off of it for that console, but not the Switch. I'd be willing to throw cash for themes, just as I did for the 3DS.

And yeah, they've never really done anything past themes and NSO (though they're obviously still figuring that out), to make their consoles catch up with the times. I know they like being innovative with their tech, but they really need to add similar features that Sony and Microsoft has been doing for years.

Definitely a case of being behind the times and just being to overprotective with their stuff.

And yeah, if they weren't so overprotective and behind, homebrew wouldn't be as popular as it is. The consumers just prove how much more the consoles could provide.

Also, love your signature btw. Good to see another fellow SOG on here
I do agree, but the ps5 is pretty gimped on features atm as well, though it's only been almost a year and a half. can't have themes, no folders, can't transfer ps5 saves to usb, and probably some other things.

Reactions: NayrTheLovable

NayrTheLovable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do agree, but the ps5 is pretty gimped on features atm as well, though it's only been almost a year and a half. can't have themes, no folders, can't transfer ps5 saves to usb, and probably some other things.
Dang, didn't know the PS5 was lacking that bad. Haven't been paying much attention to it, given the ongoing scalping situation. But who knows? Sony will probably add those in much sooner than Nintendo would with the Switch

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, afaik, Nintendo's approach was to streamline game deployment, so that you could access your games easily without having a bloated os with tons of features, but I like those features from the ps4. the series x has themes, but I don't think you can make folders. no idea about transferring saves to usb, but cloud saving is free only on the xbox. you have to pay for it with psn+ or nso on those two systems.

Reactions: NayrTheLovable

Justerino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...at least Its another way to get more points easier to buy more stuff on the my nintendo store :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What is the best arcade ROM set to use?