Nintendo will repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of warranty status

images.jpeg

Nintendo is going to repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of their warranty status. On the Nintendo UK website, they added the following:

"Nintendo takes great pride in creating high-quality and durable products and is continuously making improvements to them. Therefore and until further notice, Nintendo offers to consumers who purchased the respective product in the EEA, UK and Switzerland that repairs for responsiveness syndrome relating to control sticks will be conducted at no charge by official Nintendo repair centres. This applies even if the syndrome is caused by wear and tear and even if the 24-month manufacturer’s warranty provided by Nintendo has expired.* The manufacturer's warranty does not affect any statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights."

Nintendo offered free repairs for out-of-warranty Joy-Cons in the past in North America, Latin America, and France, but it never extended the policy to the UK, Switzerland, and all of the EEA until now. The company previously only repaired faulty Joy-Cons in these countries for free if they had an active warranty.

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i cant seem to be able to buy joycons anymore here they all got pulled from all webshops? they finnaly gonna do a revision?
They'll all have the same issues, I bet.

PopcornSweetie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What, like those Wii Us with Hynix emmc chips?
Yep 😂
Post automatically merged:

One guy said they would just send you a brand new one, I mean it is okay for a regular color like gray, white or neon color since they are easy to get, but imagine sending in like Mario Red, Pokemon Joycon, Zelda etc and getting a regular gray.
I would be pissed if my Mario Red Joy-Cons got replaced with Gray.

• Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

PopcornSweetie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they must be fucking joking!! :rofl2:
Oh, I thought they were serious about "fixing" their hardware for once :rofl2:

I asked @godreborn, his almost got goofed up with a different joycon, he had the mario red and blue one before.
Oh hell no, i am not going to send mine in then. Gulikit Halleffect where ya at? 😂

Nintendo will cancel them and put them to 3 years in jail instead!
Exactly 😂

Starting when? Need to send them my Drifty boy.
Sending drifting Joy-Cons to Nintendo is like gambling: You never know what you get for return 🤣

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Again, its not that hard to just buy new replacement sticks and buttons and then install them in. It saves you a lot of time and effort to ship it over to Nintendo, to then wait god knows how long to get them replaced. On a side note, if it can't be repaired, then you might be shipped an exclusive Joy-Con, but don't put your hopes up high.
I would have to replace the entire railing on 3 different pair of joycons

I've already opened one of them and the ribbon cable snapped seemingly by itself, I was being extremely careful and it still broke by the back plate opening a very tiny bit by itself once there weren't any screws holding it

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They won’t do shit here in Japan.

That’s okay. I put hall effect sticks on mine.

Attachments

• 56FAE29A-1BBA-486E-8AC7-BEE324C3EDBD.jpeg
    56FAE29A-1BBA-486E-8AC7-BEE324C3EDBD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will never forget that the only reason the repair service is free is because there was a class action lawsuit put against them. Anyways, I actually did use the free joycon repair last month to get my shitty day-one joycons fixed and it went well, free shipping too, and the same joycons came back with the sticks replaced and working great, only took a week and half-ish to get them sent over there and get them back in the mail.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying it will be every time but I’ve sent in special editions, Mario Red, Zelda, just to see what I got back, they repaired these each time with new sticks. Granted you have to agree that you may get a different color so I do overall recommend fixing these yourself, I’m a big fan of right to repair, but in the case of Joy-Cons I find why spend money on sticks, time to swap them. When the process is free, even the form is online, takes a few minutes to fill out. I think it’s crappy they haven’t made a permanent fix for this, but I can vouch for the quality of repair service provided by United Radio.

PopcornSweetie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean fix by replace with the same flimsy shit that will break and get drift again within a few months again? than yes :P
That was EXACTLY what i mean't! :rofl2::ha:

They won’t do shit here in Japan.

That’s okay. I put hall effect sticks on mine.
That is because Japanese people are happy enough with Nintendo. It is purly the rest of the world who do have "high-standards" of their products. Especially Americans. (Me excluded tho)

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do we have to send sticks+console all together to reparation center or is it enough just send faulty controllers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi