No Man’s Sky to get major online features in upcoming Beyond update

6231E081-0F47-43ED-8767-51A6DCE8BA03.jpeg

It’s 2019, and No Man’s Sky is still getting new content, after its highly controversial release in 2016. Hello Games has been showing constant dedication to their game, with last year’s Next update, and soon, Beyond. No Man’s Sky: Beyond is the name for the three upcoming content expansions that the game will be seeing this year. The first of which will No Man’s Sky: Online, and as the name implies, it is a massive online and social feature which will allow players to presumably interact in large groups. We already saw the addition of online multiplayer for groups of four in the Next update, but this will build upon that. Hello Games stressed the fact that this will not turn the game into an MMO, though it will have similar elements to the genre. This update will be free for all owners of the game, and will pointedly not have any type of microtransactions nor will it require a separate subscription fee. While we don’t know much about No Man’s Sky: Beyond, or Online, more information will arrive closer to the update’s projected Summer 2019 release.

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You Cant expect everything to be perfect even with patches sure Bethesda do ther best working shitload hours just appreciate what they giv you-if you've never pld fallout games then you hav missed out
No.

They want to charge $200 for a shitty nylon bag and a free identity theft scenario, paid mods and dlc, microtransactions out the butt, $10 horse armor, and reuse the same engine for 15, going on 20 years, and still refuse to fix the thing? Oh, and put skyrim on increasingly inappropriate platforms with none of the bug fixes that the pc modders have done specifically to address the bugs that PAID DEVELOPERS WON'T FIX?

Screw you for even suggesting that.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You Cant expect everything to be perfect even with patches sure Bethesda do ther best working shitload hours just appreciate what they giv you-if you've never pld fallout games then you hav missed out
I can still judge on quality. Also all those hours and they still put out new versions of the same game on a new platform with bugs they already fixed or the community fixed years earlier?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can still judge on quality. Also all those hours and they still put out new versions of the same game on a new platform with bugs they already fixed or the community fixed years earlier?
I play the ps4 games and I've not experienced a game breaking bug mayb I got lucky - and re these pc modders they prob got more time to fix bugs as thts what they enjoy doing 24-7 where as Bethesda staff after a 12 hour shift want to go home and chill with a few beers

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I play the ps4 games and I've not experienced a game breaking bug mayb I got lucky - and re these pc modders they prob got more time to fix bugs as thts what they enjoy doing 24-7 where as Bethesda staff after a 12 hour shift want to go home and chill with a few beers
Zero punctuation is nothing against this. Really painful to read my friend.

Reactions: osaka35

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is that somehow supposed to be a defence of the situation?
Yeh it is and I think people just overreact with Bethesda bugs just play the games and try enjoy them as they are

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Zero punctuation is nothing against this. Really painful to read my friend.
If you cant understand what I write then you got probs

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeh it is and I think people just overreact with Bethesda bugs just play the games and try enjoy them as they are

Tried it.

So much nicer after a year of fixes, DLC, mods and whatever else. To that end if I am going to judge them by what they think is fit for market (much less full price retail) then they come up wanting.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I want to like this game. I have from the start, but I just can't seem to get into it. I feel like it's too late for these updates tbh

On the other hand people who just started to play this game since Next are probably having fun.

Would Daikatana got this good if this had this many years of updates?

Reactions: Mythical

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thought about picking up No Man's Sky after their Next update. But then I forgot about it. Maybe one day, I will actually pick it up, but I'll have to wait until it goes on sale, as my faith in Hello Games is still a bit low. In the least, it looks much more promising now than it did at launch, and I don't blame Hello Games so much as I blame Sean Murray for lying to the press and the public about the game's state prior to release. Part of that may have been due to Sony's intervention. One can only hope that bastard's learned his lesson with it all -- I'm sure he has to some degree, given public outrage after release, and the lack of sales and attention afterward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway