Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
@V10lator sorry to be a bother I have a weird issue v1.96 I think it is I have channel version and says no support for rebrands. I'm using Tiramisu

But if I use the .rpx version from homebrew Launcher it goes to boot up but crashes out think I'm missing something this Wii U was originally CBHC but I uninstalled it to install Tiramisu

My other Wii U is just Tiramisu (I have 2 Wii U's)

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@V10lator sorry to be a bother I have a weird issue v1.96 I think it is I have channel version and says no support for rebrands. I'm using Tiramisu

But if I use the .rpx version from homebrew Launcher it goes to boot up but crashes out think I'm missing something this Wii U was originally CBHC but I uninstalled it to install Tiramisu

My other Wii U is just Tiramisu (I have 2 Wii U's)

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk
Use the homebrew launcher until next version

Reactions: danny19901

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But if I use the .rpx version from homebrew Launcher it goes to boot up but crashes out think I'm missing something
You're not missing anything. What you see here are random heap corruptions caused by bugs in our code, bugs in libraries we depend on and even bugs in WUT. Can't even count all the bugs randomly corrupting the heap.
Anyway, it looks like these bugs (in libraries + WUT) get fixed lately, so we'll see what comes out of this. No promises through: Development is still officialy halted.

Reactions: Tur7L3

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Use the homebrew launcher until next version
I'm trying the .rpx version but oddly it just keeps crashing out if I use the homebrew channel I have but when I launched the miimaker to get to homebrew channel it oddly worked now unsure why the channel for homebrew Launcher caused it to crash

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying the .rpx version but oddly it just keeps crashing out if I use the homebrew channel I have but when I launched the miimaker to get to homebrew channel it oddly worked now unsure why the channel for homebrew Launcher caused it to crash
unfortunately, some apps and games do not work correctly, if at all, through the normal homebrew launcher channel, so you have to use the mii maker one if on tiramisu.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
unfortunately, some apps and games do not work correctly, if at all, through the normal homebrew launcher channel, so you have to use the mii maker one if on tiramisu.
Thank you for the reply truly appreciate it glad I wasn't only one with this issue

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue with v1.96 on Tiramisu, the Mii Maker version of course. When I launch NUSspli it gives me a message saying "SSL error: Verification failed!" and "check your Wii Us date and time settings" but the date and time are fine -- I changed them anyway to fix it, but it didn't fix it. It will also give an error saying "Unknown libcurl error: 42" after retrying.

I seem to still be able to use NUSspli if I hit B button, I can download and install apps.

EDIT: Okay, never mind, issue seems to be resolved now.

Last edited by leejaclane,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
@V10lator When I try to install some games using NUSspli I get an error named 'Unrecoverable Error' and then my Wii U freezes. Did you know how I can fix it?
Does your USB have external power, or a y cable to connect it? It could just not be drawing enough power.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NUSspli 1.97 has been released with the biggest changelog in history. This release had more than 40 BETA rounds!

To have the best experience make sure your Tiramisu installation is up to date, please. To do this go to https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe and select at least Environments/Tiramisu/Base-Tiramisu. Download the package and extract it to your SD card overwriting existing files. Lastly reboot the Wii U.

@Mike3000 The exact error (esp. the error number) would be extremely helpful but in general this is an I/O error. As the Wii Us I/O stack dies with it we can't recover / you get the freeze. Like @BaamAlex said the I/O error might be triggered by an underpowered USB drive (we're writing to the drive as fast as the hardware allows but with pauses in between chunks (as the download is slower than the storage I/O). This can cause high spikes in the HDDs power draw which in return causes a brownout as the Wii U just cuts the power for a short amount of time when some USB drive draws too much).
Other than that versions below 1.97 might have the weirdest software bugs, so try again with the latest NUSspli release before looking at the power.

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
My machine flew once I used a USB ethernet adapter. Was very flaky over wi-fi.

Thanks for the update @V10lator. Will report back any dodgy goings on.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Ewpb Yea, the Wii Us WiFi beeing garbage is a known issue. Sadly this is a hardware issue / design flaw by Nintendo, so nothing we can do.

P.S. To all: Repeating myself to not let this important information be burried under new posts:
To have the best experience make sure your Tiramisu installation is up to date, please. To do this go to https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe and select at least Environments/Tiramisu/Base-Tiramisu. Download the package and extract it to your SD card overwriting existing files. Lastly reboot the Wii U.

RagnaRock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Decided to try this today.

Clean install of tiramissu and added this to the Homebrew Launcher.

When I try to download a game, it seems to get stuck in this screen:

Im using the defaults, did not configured anything and Im trying to install directly into the nand.

Attachments

• nusspli_n.jpg
    nusspli_n.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 42

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same problem, updated tiramisu.
Downloaded 1.97 NUSspli, and now it hangs on this screen.
Reverted back to my backup of NUSspli 1.97Beta19, and all works fine.
Downloading a game, atm while typing this.

Attachments

• 20220829_095700.jpg
    20220829_095700.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@RagnaRock @ADHD1977 Thank you for helping in debugging this. :)
Downloads to SD have been fixed with 1.98. Note that you might still see the screens you showed for some time (depending on the size and speed of the SD card I guess). Just be patient (or download to USB, which is the recommended way).

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@V10lator,

Opend NUSspli and did the update to version 1.98, searched a game. Set to install on USB HDD. And immidiatly responded after pressing A button. Downloading again as i type.

Edit: Manualy updated to v1.99 all working fine..

Attachments

• 20220829_131314.jpg
    20220829_131314.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by ADHD1977,

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launched 1.97 it said there was an update, but it seems like it's frozen to me because it's been quite awhile since saying "Download NUSspli.zip finished!" and it's unresponsive to all buttons, including Home (haven't tried power yet on account of not wanting to turn it off in the middle of an update if it is updating). Should I continue waiting or just power it off?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ