Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Allright, force power off the Wii U and do the update manually. I'm currently looking into what exactly fails here.

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to turn it off by holding power on the console, gamepad/pro controller power buttons wouldn't do it. On the SD card there's the NUSspli_temp folder with the NUSspli folder inside it, only the icon.png is in the subfolder.

Not sure if this is a factor, but this SD card hadn't run NUSspli before and had no config file, the screen mentioned it and said it would use default config. Didn't seem like it was a problem since later steps commenced, but I'm mentioning it anyway, just in case.

MDLatqp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing same thing as leejaclane, in the same situation (1.97->1.98), HBL version for me, first line (above the _____ break) says:
"Updating, please wait..."
(if you meant first line below the break tho, then it says: "SDL initialized!")

I'll add that this is actually my 2nd attempt to upgrade this morning. First attempt hung as well, and after about...5mins or so, I hard cycled the power on the console. Obviously, seeing the same thing on this 2nd attempt. Thanks!

EDIT: will leave the above as a 2nd report of the issue, but seeing your subsequent post V10lator and will push the update manually - thanks so much for the support and the tool!

Daniel91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I sometimes have this problem that the download stops with error libcurl 43,
I can't download without trying again. If I download the game using the mode to then install it, it destroys the partition on the USB stick, data remains unusable, only a new formatting saves the stick... Data is still lost, as are already installed games. If further information is missing, please let me know. I would also like to enjoy the tool.

Last edited by Daniel91,

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this has been answered before, but out of curiosity, what recourse is there if someone uses the uninstall option in NUSspli to delete Wii U system files, since they're listed there?

You can delete Health and Safety Information, Wii U Menu, DRC firmware, System Updater, System Settings, Fonts, Internet Browser, Bluetooth firmware, Mii Maker... seems like you could really mess things up with a slip of your thumb and a bad A Button that registers 2 presses when you only pressed once.

I just get nervous seeing them there in the uninstall list and use the data management in the Wii U settings instead because I'm terrified I'll accidentally delete something that can't be restored easily.

Actually I'm kind of terrified I did that already without knowing and it just hasn't caused problems yet, so what all should I be seeing there in the list?

Reactions: ArgoRV

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I sometimes have this problem that the download stops with error libcurl 43,
Is it really error 43? Cause that doesn't make much sense.

//EDIT: In case it's another error: The Wii Us WiFi isn't the best, so try a compatible LAN adapter.

Last edited by V10lator,

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I manually updated to 1.100 Channel and it says "Unsupported environment.
Either you're not using Tiramisu or your Tiramisu version is out of date"
I installed Tiramisu very recently so I'm pretty sure that I have the lastest release. What can I do? Is there a way to check my Tiramisu version? Is v1.100 not working as it should?

Edit: I actually wasnt using the latest release, I updated tiramisu and it's now working

Last edited by Chuardo,

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I manually updated to 1.100 Channel and it says "Unsupported environment.
Either you're not using Tiramisu or your Tiramisu version is out of date"
I installed Tiramisu very recently so I'm pretty sure that I have the lastest release. What can I do? Is there a way to check my Tiramisu version? Is v1.100 not working as it should?
Redownload tiramisu from tiramisu.foryour.cafe and try again

Reactions: Chuardo

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @V10lator just a heads up as something seems broken in latest update. I'm trying to update the channel version using the built-in updater tried several times but it gets stuck in the below screen. Latest try I waited for over 30 minutes but still stuck at preparing. Can't exit out or switch the WiiU off only thing that works is pulling out the power cord. Not a big issue as I will just manually update but would be nice to have this fixed in the future.

20220905_181320.jpg

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I had used 1.97 had no issues and updated to 1.99 and still no issues I have to say great work tbh I have never seen NUSspli be so stable for me so far I have managed to download many games no issues at all I am however using a LAN adapter for the Wii U and oddly enough speeds are pretty decent.

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊

Using V.1.100 Aroma Version today and had finally a really good Download Speed.😉👌
(Around 3.10 MB/s - with the LAN Adapter).

IMG_20220907_074051.jpg

Very nice.Thank you for updating your awesome Tool.💖👌

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this wasn't really meant for wifi huh? Not sure if it's just my system, but seems to kill my wifi until I reboot it for it to work again. I admit that I had this problem sometimes with the browser. But it seems to just stop working more often and have to reboot just to get the wifi active again.

Is there a chance that some settings can be adjusted for enhanced wifi? Or least a different version? My system is in the same room as my router, I just don't have a adaptor. :ninja:

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this wasn't really meant for wifi huh? Not sure if it's just my system, but seems to kill my wifi until I reboot it for it to work again. I admit that I had this problem sometimes with the browser. But it seems to just stop working more often and have to reboot just to get the wifi active again.

Is there a chance that some settings can be adjusted for enhanced wifi? Or least a different version? My system is in the same room as my router, I just don't have a adaptor. :ninja:
I thought that was just me. Wait, when you say reboot, do you mean the Wii U or your wireless router?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Unfortunately I have the same "Experiences" with WiFi....so I decided to get the LAN Adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...