Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My guess is that the download speeds are being bottlenecked by hardware/the wiiu itself.
^- This. It isn't about the routers speed but the weak Wii U hardware. With a LAN adapter you'll reach around 30 Mbit/s but that's it.
We constantinuously try to put load off the hardware so it has more resources to download (for example we climbed from around 27 to 30 Mbit/s lately) but I don't think there will be any major speedups anymore.

See it the other way around: NUSspli is downloading faster than the eShop since a long time. A lot of minor speed improvements followed after this major step.

//EDIT: And yes, Wii Us WiFi is 2.4 Ghz only.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My guess is that the download speeds are being bottlenecked by hardware/the wiiu itself.
I guess that's it, I mean when I had my switch lite back in 2020 it was able to connect to my 5GHz wifi so downloading those big as games like TLOZ Breath of the WIld which I bought from the eshop would be quick like 40 minutes for 13.4GB iirc.
Post automatically merged:

^- This. It isn't about the routers speed but the weak Wii U hardware. With a LAN adapter you'll reach around 30 Mbit/s but that's it.
We constantinuously try to put load off the hardware so it has more resources to download (for example we climbed from around 27 to 30 Mbit/s lately) but I don't think there will be any major speedups anymore.

See it the other way around: NUSspli is downloading faster than the eShop since a long time. A lot of minor speed improvements followed after this major step.
I had a feeling it was due to old hardware, I know I can just leave it to download overnight and thanks for being straight forward guys so i don't waste money on unnecessary stuff.

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Reactions: godreborn

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@V10lator

Hello, I deleted everything like you said, I learn a lot about the tickets and how to delete them but... At the end the game doesnt take the DLC. At the beggining I thought it was just with the Smash Bros but then I tried to download the DLC for Mario Kart 8 and doesnt work either, I tried with the DLC for Pure Chess then and also doesnt work for it :( Idk why I cant load DLC's to my games -.- I have not change anything else.
Wanted to follow-up with saying that I can confirm that the DLC is not registering for the games I tried with it either:
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Fast Racing Neo
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Just Dance 4 (Physical)
  • Just Dance 2014 (Physical)
  • Watch_Dogs (Physical)
Also, just wanted to say that Injustice and FAST are both games that I didn't start until after I installed the DLC.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Instead of doing that. Why not download the WUP from somewhere else, put that on the sd card and use Nusspli to install it? That's what I normally do when the game is on the large size. I mean if it takes longer than an hour to dl then forget about it.
Yes I use usbhelper, it downloads quicker, but have to copy to sd card and then install either through wup loader gx2 or Nusspli.

Idk if Nusspli or wup loader gx2 installs games faster and I think it's limited by Wii U hardware.

Tbh it's inconvenient having to take out the SD card when using usbhelper and Nusspli is very convenient downloads and installs the game for you but the trade off is the slow download speed.

Wii U we have Nusspli, PS vita PKGj, there's nothing for the 3ds that I know of and I wish there was for the 3ds as these tools save a lot of time when reformatting or buying another Wii U or PS vita console.

I should've just left it to download and install overnight, I'm just an impatient little bitch who can't wait 35 minutes to install a 1.69GB game.
For the 3ds I download on my laptop, insert SD card, install games to my Sd card via custom install 3ds tool by Ihaveamac, once done eject Sd card, run custom install 3ds finalize via homebrew launcher app and games is installed and it installs games 10x times faster than FBI does.

Edit 1: I think Nusspli should be added to the additional homebrew apps of the official Wiiu.hacks.guide site.

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@V10lator just a quick suggestion
Nusspli has access to to download & install a lot of system apps with no restriction.
Have you considered adding a parent control to avoid these files to be modified?
Imagine this case: A 5yo kid with USA Console, is looking for a new game to download, finds Wiiu Menu from JAP Console and install on nand, or even worse uninstall wiiu menu.
shouldnt' that generate conflicts or brick your console?

Reactions: ber71

Pocor

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi ! just got my wii u, the one i dreamed off when i was younger, and i wanted to download a few games via nusspli, the version is 1.37 (which is strange because i don't think realeases go that high yet) and i keep getting curl easy perform returned as non valid value 89, i'll appreciate any help ! thank you !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi ! just got my wii u, the one i dreamed off when i was younger, and i wanted to download a few games via nusspli, the version is 1.37 (which is strange because i don't think realeases go that high yet) and i keep getting curl easy perform returned as non valid value 89, i'll appreciate any help ! thank you !
the version is recorded in the versions.bin, so homebrew devs can give it an exact version number without the headache of converted hex to decimal. it probably says 01 37 in the versions.bin.

Pocor

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! just got my wii u, too bad it was sold as renovated and it's full of weird sticky glue and scratches, but whatever (if you know any platic polish).
I wondered if someone could help me please, i keep getting curl easy perform returned a non valid calue : 89, and game installations will fail...
I'll apreciate any help, thank you !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! just got my wii u, too bad it was sold as renovated and it's full of weird sticky glue and scratches, but whatever (if you know any platic polish).
I wondered if someone could help me please, i keep getting curl easy perform returned a non valid calue : 89, and game installations will fail...
I'll apreciate any help, thank you !
that I'm not sure. @V10lator is the dev behind the app. I've never used it as all my games were downloaded before it even existed, and I think I have everything I need/want. I've just tagged him. he's here quite often, so you may get a response today.

Pocor

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the version is recorded in the versions.bin, so homebrew devs can give it an exact version number without the headache of converted hex to decimal. it probably says 01 37 in the versions.bin.
ohh, i get it thanks !
sorry for the double message, i had to create an account after writting my first one, and i didn't know it sent my previous message

so cool !

that I'm not sure. @V10lator is the dev behind the app. I've never used it as all my games were downloaded before it even existed, and I think I have everything I need/want. I've just tagged him. he's here quite often, so you may get a response today.

Reactions: godreborn

Pocor

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Official version goes up to version 1.120
Hi thanks yeah, i just downloaded the channel version, created an install directory in my sd car, and putted the unziped file inside, but i don't see it in wup installer, is it normal ?
Though i see the corrupted mario kart 8 file i tried and failed to download, that i don't see in the sd card, i think i downloaded it on the console.

Hi thanks yeah, i just downloaded the channel version, created an install directory in my sd car, and putted the unziped file inside, but i don't see it in wup installer, is it normal ?
Though i see the corrupted mario kart 8 file i tried and failed to download, that i don't see in the sd card, i think i downloaded it on the console.
update, missplaced the install directory my bad, i will install the latest nusspli and try again

fixed it on my own, cannot use nusspli in the channel version, too bad i like the accesibility, i'll just use it via the homebrew launcher, thanks ! have a nice one !

Last edited by Pocor,

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fixed it on my own, cannot use nusspli in the channel version, too bad i like the accesibility, i'll just use it via the homebrew launcher, thanks ! have a nice one !

For most of us, HBL version works best. The aroma version also.

"Wanted to follow-up with saying that I can confirm that the DLC is not registering for the games I tried with it either:
Assassin's Creed 3
Fast Racing Neo
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Just Dance 4 (Physical)
Just Dance 2014 (Physical)
Watch_Dogs (Physical)"

Lately i had the same, with mario kart the DLC was there and playable.

But assassins creed 3 say it has no DLC, but i downloaded and installed it with nussspli.

Last edited by ADHD1977,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
POCOR: " and putted the unziped file inside, but i don't see it in wup installer, is it normal?"
Well, yes this is dumb action, you respond to your own question, it must be unzipped inside!

ADHD1977: I do not agree (except maybe on aroma), The Channel version has always worked better because it needs less permessive rights than HBL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1