• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Oklahoma Republican proposes that any provider who provides gender affirming care to 26 year olds or younger is a felony

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Never once said I don't think or want them to exist. Infact I'm a massive fan of the group "gaysagainstgroomers" who are trying to keep this crap out of schools. Thanks for playing.
So you assume trans people are groomers? Your entire post is was just strawman arguments and transphobia, it’s was junk right off the bat, sorry not sorry

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"This is how it always starts, first they'll want to get married, and then they'll want other basic human rights too! THE HORROR!"

There's a reason conservatives only feel comfortable attacking the trans community in public spaces, and not for instance, black or Jewish people. They know the former is the most marginalized group in America, and going after the latter will get them shunned from all facets of civilized society. Eventually it will be just as unacceptable to go after somebody for their gender or sexual identity, but we aren't there yet, so they gotta get their attacks in while they still can in order to feel empowered.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Never once said I don't think or want them to exist.
Here, I'll spell it out. If you didn't know, how someone argues something tells you about their position in relationship to the subject.

"We merely want to exist" this is the argument.
You started with this statement. Either you are going to confirm, or be against the statement here in some form or way. Or use it to make an argument.

This is how it always starts.
"This is how it always starts" is a negative way of phrasing something. It shows frustration.

It was the same with LGB.
And here is the part where you ended up revealing your hand entirely.

You have a negative disposition on LGB(TQ) people.
With this all in mind, it's pretty obvious that

"We merely want to exist" this is the argument.
Should be viewed as you saying
"I disagree with them wanting merely want to exist"
And in which, you demonstrate even further your hatred.
We just want to get married, we just want the same rights" soon ballooned into we want preferential treatment.
Here your making a strawman. LGBTQ don't want preferential treatment. We want to be treated as equals. And you refuse to do so.
People that use the term cis are openly trying to offend you.
Cis means agreeing with assigned gender at birth. It is not offensive.
It slowly spreads like a virus.
And here you demonstrate your hate. Trans people know they are trans at a pretty early age. You refuse to understand that trans isn't a popular thing "corrupting the youth" it's that our understanding of it, and acceptance of it, has.
Gay people used to not be visible, left handed people used to be not visible. Just because it wasn't visible didn't mean it didn't exist.
You're angry at them being visible in society, acting and believing as if they weren't a thing before.

So
Never once said I don't think or want them to exist.
don't go trying to act that I misread you. You demonstrated that you don't want them to exist.

Xerokard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So you assume trans people are groomers? Your entire post is was just strawman arguments and transphobia, it’s was junk right off the bat, sorry not sorry
No no, the groomers just happen to be trans people. That's like assuming that all black people like fried chicken. Don't be racist!
Also, I thought you were going off to enjoy your life. What happened to that?

Last edited by Xerokard,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No no, the groomers just happen to be trans people.
Matt Gaetz (groomer), Lauren Boebert (married a groomer), and the entire Catholic church prove otherwise. If you actually want to catch all of these sickos, then being hyper-focused on a single marginalized, minority community is entirely counterproductive.

Xerokard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Matt Gaetz (groomer), Lauren Boebert (married a groomer), and the entire Catholic church prove otherwise. If you actually want to catch all of these sickos, then being hyper-focused on a single marginalized, minority community is entirely counterproductive.
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate well into text. wasn't quite sure how to read ya :P

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This is how it always starts, first they'll want to get married, and then they'll want other basic human rights too! THE HORROR!"

There's a reason conservatives only feel comfortable attacking the trans community in public spaces, and not for instance, black or Jewish people. They know the former is the most marginalized group in America, and going after the latter will get them shunned from all facets of civilized society. Eventually it will be just as unacceptable to go after somebody for their gender or sexual identity, but we aren't there yet, so they gotta get their attacks in while they still can in order to feel empowered.
All these NYC conservatives sure do feel comfortable attacking minorities, especially Jewish people? Weird.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-city-antisemitic-hate-crimes/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/us/jewish-attacks-week-new-york-trnd/index.html
Post automatically merged:

Actual groomers.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/miacathell/2023/01/17/zulock-case-pt-1-n2618219

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/miacathell/2023/01/18/zulock-case-pt-2-n2618321

Xerokard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey guys, remember when your favorite gaming forum didn't have a politics section? Remember how nice that was? Let's go back guys, this is silly. Let's go play some video games!
:yayswitch:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All these NYC conservatives sure do feel comfortable attacking minorities, especially Jewish people? Weird.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-city-antisemitic-hate-crimes/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/us/jewish-attacks-week-new-york-trnd/index.html
Oh they still very much attack all minority communities in their safe spaces and echo chambers, which can eventually cause enough resentment to build up that they lash out violently. Their verbal attacks on the trans community in spaces of mainstream communication remain more common, however, as they believe they can gather more support that way.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh they still very much attack all minority communities in their safe spaces and echo chambers, which can eventually cause enough resentment to build up that they lash out violently. Their verbal attacks on the trans community in spaces of mainstream communication remain more common, however, as they believe they can gather more support that way.
It sure would be nice if you could actually, you know, back up your accusations like I do. It makes you look weak when you don't.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It sure would be nice if you could actually, you know, back up your accusations like I do. It makes you look weak when you don't.
The stories you posted back my argument. Or are we pretending that there aren't any righties in New York now? Even the elected Democrats there tend to hold some right-wing viewpoints.

Reactions: The Catboy

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Only if it keeps upsetting you, baby.
Post automatically merged:

God I knew I wasn't the fucking only one who got weird performative vibes from that fucking show.

Upset? Why would I be upset that other people are delusional? It has nothing to do with me. You can think you're a house cat for all I care, but that doesn't change the fact there's only males and females.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stories you posted back my argument. Or are we pretending that there aren't any righties in New York now? Even the elected Democrats there tend to hold some right-wing viewpoints.
Look. It's very simple. All you have to do is back up your statements with some evidence.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Look. It's very simple. All you have to do is back up your statements with some evidence.
You know exactly what I'm talking about when I refer to hate-filled right-wing safe spaces and echo chambers. Why do you need a link to 8chan, Gab, Parler, or TruthSocial? You've probably got them bookmarked, FFS.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know exactly what I'm talking about when I refer to hate-filled right-wing safe spaces and echo chambers. Why do you need a link to 8chan, Gab, Parler, or TruthSocial? You've probably got them bookmarked, FFS.
This is you, right? You said this on post #181.

Or are we pretending that there aren't any righties in New York now?

Why are you trying to change the subject now? The way I see it, you have three choices here.

1. Provide proof of rightwing people attacking minorities in NYC.

2. Admit you don't know what you are talking about and that you suffer from emotional damage.

3. Delete your GBATemp account.

I vote for 1 or 2 because I like you.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1. Provide proof of rightwing people attacking minorities in NYC.
Specifically in NYC and recently, it's pretty much just been the Buffalo shooting last year, as carried out by a white supremacist. That's assuming we're not counting Al Qaeda and ISIS-inspired attacks, which also very much fall under the umbrella of right-wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Buffalo_shooting

In light of recent events, the NYPD even felt the need to create a special unit specifically to prevent right-wing attacks, so it's likely a lot more have been prevented since 2019.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/nyregion/nypd-reme-unit-supremacist-nazis.html

In a lot of cases the motivation behind the attacks is not reported on, as is true of the articles you linked, but antisemitism is not permitted at all within leftist circles, so we can probably take an educated guess as to the attackers' political alignment.

Reactions: The Catboy

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Specifically in NYC and recently, it's pretty much just been the Buffalo shooting last year, as carried out by a white supremacist. That's assuming we're not counting Al Qaeda and ISIS-inspired attacks, which also very much fall under the umbrella of right-wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Buffalo_shooting

In light of recent events, the NYPD even felt the need to create a special unit specifically to prevent right-wing attacks, so it's likely a lot more have been prevented since 2019.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/nyregion/nypd-reme-unit-supremacist-nazis.html

In a lot of cases the motivation behind the attacks is not reported on, as is true of the articles you linked, but antisemitism is not permitted at all within leftist circles, so we can probably take an educated guess as to the attackers' political alignment.
So what you are saying is that you still cannot provide any proof of any righties attacking minorities in NYC, so you have to bring up anything else to distract from the fact that you lack any evidence proving your original statement. C'mon man. I'm actually embarrassed for you at this point.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Two of my own articles plus two of yours isn't enough proof? Well that's just moving the goalposts then. You never even specified more than one.
He's always going to move the goalpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok