[OLD] 2 new BBCode tags

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hello everyone,

it has been a long while since I last posted in my blog!

Today I'm here to introduce you two new BBCode tags.
The two tags are:

- [anchor]: adds an anchor in the page. For those who know HTML, this is simply the equivalent of
If you don't know HTML, an anchor is an invisible element on your page that you can link to. When you link to the anchor, your browser will scroll down (or up) to where the anchor is located. Read the next BBCode tag to learn how to make a link to the anchor.
Usage: [anchor]anchorname[/anchor]

- [link]: creates a link to an anchor on the current page.
Usage: [link=anchorname]your link text[/link]

For instance, I've put an anchor at the beginning of this very post.
Click here to go to that anchor.
Of course, this is only useful in long posts, or if you want to link to an above message of yours.
In other words, you shouldn't have to use it too often. This is mainly for reviews, but I thought you'd be interested in knowing anyway!

If you have another suggestion for a BBcode tag, please post a reply to this topic and we'll see what we can do!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Very nice
happy.gif
Seems like it could be a potentially useful feature
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
cool, too bad I probably won't have an opportunity's to use it
Yeah, I doubt that regular users will be able to use it...probably only necessary in super-long FAQs or Guides.

Still, thanky Costello
happy.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, that's what I want them for. They are still in the other guide but obviously no longer work. It was easier to white text them instead of removing them.

They do make any long thread a lot more accessable though. It's never great having to troll though a really long thread and I find having to click on tons and tons of open spoliers annoying. The worst example is cannonfoddrs thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=228211&hl= You just want to be able to scroll through a thread.

The option would be to create multple posts immediately after each other and these use the predefine anchors as the link tag still works. Problem with that is the posts may just get merged and your signature gets displayed multiple times. Most importantly, you have think ahead and do those additional posts before anyone else posts in your thread.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kwartel said:
ScuberSteve said:
WHat'll happen if two anchors on the same page have the same name?
It will link to the first one I guess.

Indeed

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Sep 15 2010, 07:58 PM)
lol, that's what I want them for. They are still in the other guide but obviously no longer work. It was easier to white text them instead of removing them.

They do make any long thread a lot more accessable though. It's never great having to troll though a really long thread and I find having to click on tons and tons of open spoliers annoying.

The option would be to create multple posts immediately after each other and these use the predefine anchors as the link tag still works. Problem with that is the posts may just get merged and your signature gets displayed multiple times. Most importantly, you have think ahead and do those additional posts before anyone else posts in your thread.
I hope the bump is worth it
tongue.gif

But since we still don't even know what the exact problem was, we can't do much to help him solve it..

Also, you can disable your sig, see V

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know you disabled ant's signature in his IRCguide for him, but it's useless to me as I would have to recreate the thread so I could have multiple posts.

I'm guessing amount of whining will get Costello to change his mind.

I really wish the forum and wiki were merged into a hybrid system...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh