Hacking Question Permanent Violet Screen on Switch.

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Casually writes a payload to restore NAND, gg if only GBAtemp could have more users like u lol
Why not? Lol plus a lot of the users on here that i notice are technologically illiterate when it would come to any sort of coding. O.o pretty sure most are just leeches o:

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
So, the u-boot uhs eMMC payload doesnt work (shows blank turned on screen but doesnt show up as a USB device) and additionally it corrupts some part of the eMMC, is that right ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it won't work to begin with (documentation already notes boot 01 coming, meaning boot (this flaw) is gone) so that may actually be funnier. A silent revision and no actual distinction for TX would result in a number of devices that don't do anything.

... Or play don't copy that floppy before throwing you into a permanent pink screen. :
;)
Well, this is one bug out of at apparently at least a dozen, so kidtendo hasn't won just yet.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good keyboard! Is a corsair keyboard, good choice (I have one), the next choice it should have been a backup of the NAND.

Good luck, if you don't have the NAND backup, maybe in the future it is possible recover it by other way.

Reactions: Deleted User

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...I guess on the bright side at least your brick shares the same color as your keyboard...I'm sorry for your loss

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by weatMod,

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made a payload to do it since hekate didnt have that.
WOuld you be willing to release your mod of hekate that adds the restore feature.

on another note failing that there may be some way to restore using the mounting payloads that mount the device as emcc on a comp

Reactions: Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect this is going to become common once payload 'delivery' dongles become common. And most won't even know to backup NAND.

Yeah, but I'm sure with how good the TX teams BootLoader looks ATM we as a community surely can make a similar, or better looking one for Atmosphere, and incorperate an optional, but highly recommended System Nand back-up (2 GB) before launching CFW, or even as you launch into the BootLoader itself for the first time (or untill you back-up the Nand, or disable the notification option in settings manually), I am aware that most might ignore it, but at least no one will have an excuse at that point.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: RitchieRitchie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: omg, He's got even more sayings?