Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

aleciobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you are using sysmmc or emummc ? also what switch firmware is based on 16.0.3 or 16.1.0 ?
Post automatically merged:

i believe you can find some picture somewhere in this thread, its either traces are cut or via are destroyed.
motherboard have problem, i buy
you are using sysmmc or emummc ? also what switch firmware is based on 16.0.3 or 16.1.0 ?

i believe you can find some picture somewhere in this thread, its either traces are cut or via are destroyed.
I bought the board on Aliexpress, it crashes a lot without Picofly and the error 2001-0114 and 2001-3539 appears a lot

haipro287

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Today I got a problem that my friend's switch could not power on. After measuring I realized that it had a short on 3.3v and ground, a caps on picofly died. Remove the picofly and switch boot again. Anyone know which caused that caps shorted? 🧐

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Today I got a problem that my friend's switch could not power on. After measuring I realized that it had a short on 3.3v and ground, a caps on picofly died. Remove the picofly and switch boot again. Anyone know which caused that caps shorted? 🧐
Post some pics of your install. Out of the top of my head I would say the pico touched the metal shield and shorted somewhere, but without pics that's hard to confirm. Maybe the solder you aplied poked through the capton tape or whatever you used for insulation, but this is just speculation.

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not caps. Usually 3.3v regulator dies when working with external power, that is why it is recommended to remove it

I kind of fixed that part, and the slow emmc problem disappeared.
ok, removed the SRAM powerdown, pls try it

Last edited by rehius,

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi @abal1000x , just to inform that i have 2 oled unit that throw dat0 error when using 100ohm.. i replace it with 47ohm and its boots. So this resistor value is still not universal for all cases.

Will try 2.75 to see if slow issue and sleep battery drain is better.

Hi @abal1000x , just to inform that i have 2 oled unit that throw dat0 error when using 100ohm.. i replace it with 47ohm and its boots. So this resistor value is still not universal for all cases.

Firmware is good, tested, safe to upgrade i think.

Last edited by cgtchy0412,

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@abal1000x, I did my second installation using the alternative method of the mosphet on the back of the board on a switch lite (2002), but I am experiencing very long boot times. Basically like this:
- blinks blue 2 to 8 seconds then white ==> boots hekate.
- sometime blinks blue 10 to 25 seconds then white ==> black screen or boots OFW.
- if there is a black screen, and press power again: it boots hekate.

In this case, would it be more appropriate to redo the installation on the CPU capacitors directly? using two mosfets? Can I just cut the MOSFET cable on the back of the board to make it unusable, without having to desolder the rear capacitor cables?

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Are you using the new rp2040 tiny? it happened to two of FXDX's installs. he added additional 47ohm on dat0 and they would not boot, but booted fine when he removed them.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
@abal1000x, I did my second installation using the alternative method of the mosphet on the back of the board on a switch lite (2002), but I am experiencing very long boot times. Basically like this:
- sometime blinks blue 10 to 25 seconds then white ==> black screen or boots OFW.

In this case, would it be more appropriate to redo the installation on the CPU capacitors directly? using two mosfets? Can I just cut the MOSFET cable on the back of the board to make it unusable, without having to desolder the rear capacitor cables?
Seems like CMD/DAT0/CLK issue.

If you decide to redo without removing the mosfet, cut the gate line is enough, but to be safe add resistor (pulldown) on the gate to gnd, to make sure there are no charge accumulated in there.

Did the update solve that problem?

haipro287

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I always remove 3.3v regulator when installing picofly. The short on rp2040 board is gone after I removed the bad caps.

Not caps. Usually 3.3v regulator dies when working with external power, that is why it is recommended to remove it

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you using the new rp2040 tiny? it happened to two of FXDX's installs. he added additional 47ohm on dat0 and they would not boot, but booted fine when he removed them.
No .. im using green Pi Pico. Maybe with 100ohm dat0 the voltage is on the low side of firmware check so it throws error, as maybe if there is no check inplace it woild boot.. just maybe.

Just as what i am suspecting. Hopefully this will fixed any 'slow emmc' stuff. Logically it should, except if some other unknown scenario happened :rofl2:
At least now its safe to know that pico will go to lowest power mode after glitch.

Let us now whether that will improve glicth time or not, as I suspect it wouldnt.

Last edited by cgtchy0412,

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
My customer and mine collection mod console chip mod
1 _v2 console
6_v1 console
3_oled console
2_lite console
So meny software mod up 30 console..

Love pico fly... Family

Attachments

• IMG-20230908-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20230908-WA0000.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

linkref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, when installing hwfly picofly rp2040 based on switch lite,
we cannot see the led indicator when backplate is putting back since the chip is located at the left of the CPU..

Any idea or solution to be able to see the led indicator on switch lites ?

Reactions: Danook28

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
we cannot see the led indicator when backplate is putting back since the chip is located at the left of the CPU..

Apparently you're going to need a transparent shell in order to see leds on the switch lite

Reactions: Danook28

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• 2020_1010_152711_063.JPG
    2020_1010_152711_063.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
  • video_2023-07-09_01-02-07.mp4
    1.3 MB
Reactions: QuiTim and Danook28

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

If on top of emmc area, you still can see through game cartridge slot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat