• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
nevada is not in the bag for biden yet and that scares me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

because of the live updating data on the source im looking at, its nerve wrackingly close and a lot still hasn't been reported
Michigan has 16 electoral which is a lot. And Democrats are winning only by %0.3. Its very very close.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Michigan has 16 electoral which is a lot. And Democrats are winning only by %0.3. Its very very close.
The trend is all the outstanding votes have more democrat votes. So Biden will carry

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Cyan

GBATemp needs to run a Get out the Vote campaign next time. A giveaway of of a 3 Nintendo Switch X Us for those taking a picture with their username on a paper beside their empty ballot (or something to show they went to the polls).

Foupen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Non American here (I'd have voted for Biden if I were https://gbatemp.net/threads/poll-2020-u-s-presidential-election.571721/page-2#post-9165880 )

aDfarru.png

This election was one hell of a roller coaster ride. Betting odds on Smarket favored Biden at first, then Trump, and now Biden again. According to the odds at this point, I think it's safe to say Biden pretty much won the election. In fact, I was pretty confident Biden will win because Allan Lichtman, a historian who accurately predicted the winner of every US election since 1984(including Trump in 2016) predicted Biden's win.

But if Trump somehow wins in the end, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Last edited by Foupen,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
In fact, I was pretty confident Biden will win because Allan Lichtman, a historian who accurately predicted the winner of every US election since 1984(including Trump in 2016) predicted Biden's win.
So I agree with your overall point. I think that Biden might have this. That said, Allan Lichtman isn't always right, he's just moved the goalpost to appear that he was. He said that Al Gore would beat George Bush. When that didn't happen he said it was because he was predicting the popular vote, not the electoral college so he did technically get it correct.

That said, his keys are pretty good. But also subjective.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
gore did beat bush, he would've won if the supreme court didnt stop the recount
I agree he would have. But it doesn't change the fact that it panned out how it did for better or worse.

I'm just pointing out that I wouldn't assume Lichtman is always correct.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I really can't understand how a candidate can be elected without having the majority of votes.
I mean, I can understand how.
Just not why people accept it.
Some people don't accept it. Its a split opinion. I think more people want the popular vote? You would have to take a poll to see the majority opinion on that.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I really can't understand how a candidate can be elected without having the majority of votes.
I mean, I can understand how.
Just not why people accept it.
I think it should be popular vote. But I can almost guarantee that it never will be, at least until there's a huuuge political shift in this country. It would require a constitutional amendment. And those aren't easy to pass, especially when the political parties and states are this divided on everything.

You'll never be able to get a small state like Wyoming to agree that the electoral college should be abolished.

Edit: For example, I go on reddit and find comments like this immediately:
20201104_104524.jpg

Last edited by Ericzander,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: