• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Whom will/would you vote for?

• Laurence Kotlikoff (Independent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Hoefling (America's Party)

• Mike Maturen (American Solidarity Party)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're fooling yourself if you think a business that abuses illegal workers isn't going to flaunt virtually every tax possible - they are largely low skill, contract work that is handled under-the-table whenever possible : this is also what kills competition with legitimate business.

You can't compete with someone who's willing to do the job for half the price with no tax attached.

then again, you're implying that there's enough local workers who'd be willing to do the job in the first place.

i mean, i know illegal immigrant workers don't just have benefits for the us, but it's clearly not as cut and dry as some would love it to be.
they didn't take your jobs, the economy and it changing took most of your jobs, illegals / migrants in general simply took the jobs you barely want to do yourself.

you can clearly argue for and against this system that kinda implemented itself over the decades, but you're definitely not wanting to be in the generation that has to deal with the fallout of breaking it up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_illegal_immigrants_in_the_United_States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have been living under a rock so,

I wanted to go to America , I think Trump has become the president eight which means I'll have to cancel my trip?

how american does your skin look like?

Reactions: DeoNaught

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Illegal workers are not even the main problem here. While ISIS bombers can't enter through a plane, they can keep trying their luck at the unsecured borders, eventually they will succeed.

Reactions: SolidMario7

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1478689495193.png

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
then again, you're implying that there's enough local workers who'd be willing to do the job in the first place.

i mean, i know illegal immigrant workers don't just have benefits for the us, but it's clearly not as cut and dry as some would love it to be.
they didn't take your jobs, the economy and it changing took most of your jobs, illegals / migrants in general simply took the jobs you barely want to do yourself.

you can clearly argue for and against this system that kinda implemented itself over the decades, but you're definitely not wanting to be in the generation that has to deal with the fallout of breaking it up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_illegal_immigrants_in_the_United_States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how american does your skin look like?
Sort of Tannish and white but idk if I would be accepted cause I have a weird accent.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, if anyone has any opinions that don't align with Clinton's policies and her stances on any issues, etc, you're automatically wrong and no longer allowed to voice your opinion :huh:

This just in, people aren't allowed to voice opinions without being called wrong, misogynist, racist, bigoted, they have to choose the opposing side or otherwise they're wrong, right?:glare:

The drama behind this, the no. of people expressing their disappointment, this would have been the same if Clinton won, so really, this wouldn't be much difference IMO.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't let the basket of deplorables have a voice, can we?

Never said that, just saying that no matter who was going to win, people are going to be disappointed, it happens ever four years, not much is going to change, but having opinions that don't align with others is somehow a grievous crime on the internet. People clearly aren't allowed to express them without some severe backlash.

So, for this reason, I dread and almost never want to express my political opinion and beliefs anywhere unless I can do so without a username; right now, I feel ill, I don't know what to feel, as either candidate would make me feel this way I'm feeling right now. The two party system is a joke, no one can seem to agree on anything or even be remotely civil, it's just, ugh.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: I pwned U!

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said that, just saying that no matter who was going to win, people are going to be disappointed, it happens ever four years, not much is going to change, but having opinions that don't align with others is somehow a grievous crime on the internet. People clearly aren't allowed to express them without some severe backlash.

So, for this reason, I dread and almost never want to express my political opinion and beliefs anywhere unless I can do so without a username; right now, I feel ill, I don't know what to feel, as either candidate would make me feel this way I'm feeling right now. The two party system is a joke, no one can seem to agree on anything or even be remotely civil, it's just, ugh.
I was making reference to Hillary placing Trump's supporters into a metaphorical basket of deplorables. And then her supporters embracing this metaphor to continually attack Trump supporters.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was making reference to Hillary placing Trump's supporters into a metaphorical basket of deplorables. And then her supporters embracing this metaphor to continually attack Trump supporters.

The problem with politics as a whole is that it automatically creates animosity and hostility in two different spectrum/views, and that people will always have different opinions, that part doesn't bother me at all as I'm glad people can voice their opinions and be open and so on. What does bother me, though is when the opposing side or any party attack another thinking that the opposite party is somehow more wrong/more right than the other one. I haven't stated whose views I agree with or not agree with, as I want to remain as neutral and civil as I can be during this tumultuous turn of events. I haven't go around bashing either party or their supporters, because what good would it do me or what good would it do anyone? Nothing, it would be a waste of time, it would just hurful for anyone to do. This is my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1