placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
- It will be necessary to have a .bin file of the game with:

CRC: 007DF18E
SHA 1: 457cb233349ba841e03b33d8060f8fbcadd45cb3
I found the right CRC easily but there's no data of the SHA1 code. If CRC is right it's good to go?

edit: the game i downloaded from certain compact-disc romantic website didn't work despite having the right CRC

Last edited by placebo_yue,
Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found the right CRC easily but there's no data of the SHA1 code. If CRC is right it's good to go?

edit: the game i downloaded from certain compact-disc romantic website didn't work despite having the right CRC
Yes, it works. I just downloaded the Disco Romanticism game. I applied the patches and both worked, with and without NTSC mode. And I did this on the company PC, nor was it on the personal PC where I created the Patch. See what firmware you are using, here I used it on 6.61.

ElfoDeiCactus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried this trick on a modified EU version of Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, patching to jap and using SLPS-01156 (I found out SLPS-01724 works aswell), and the game has the very same behaviour @The_Ho metioned: kinda works but with slowdowns.
I also tried a clean EU version (SLES-01726) with both those Game IDs. The game boots and gets past the language selection but is really slow, like half the speed.

...I even found a way to speed up the game and it worked, but when I picked up a carrot it caused a heavy slow sequence until the end of the animation...
I'm curious about this, can you share what did you exactly do to speed up the game?
Cheers

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried this trick on a modified EU version of Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, patching to jap and using SLPS-01156 (I found out SLPS-01724 works aswell), and the game has the very same behaviour @The_Ho metioned: kinda works but with slowdowns.
I also tried a clean EU version (SLES-01726) with both those Game IDs. The game boots and gets past the language selection but is really slow, like half the speed.

I'm curious about this, can you share what did you exactly do to speed up the game?
Cheers
If I remember correctly, I skipped the first load of the game using a post-save and ID SLPS01222 or SLES00972... the game seems to run fine, but it will still crash on later loading screens and in animations it will have severe slows.

Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Hi there, would it be possible to fix these titles? and how? Thanks!

- Kartia: The world of Fate (SLUS00631) / glitched sprites

- Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire (SLPS00526) [english patched] / freezes at the end of the intro

- Road Rash (SLUS00035) / freezes at the start of the race in big game mode

Last edited by Magician,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire (SLPS00526) [english patched] / freezes at the end of the intro
I don't know about the psvita, but on the PSP this title works perfectly with the default Pops.
Road Rash also works normally on PSP, but I personally recommend Road Rash 3D: the first one has really crude and awful graphics.

Reactions: Magician

Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I don't know about the psvita, but on the PSP this title works perfectly with the default Pops.
Road Rash also works normally on PSP, but I personally recommend Road Rash 3D: the first one has really crude and awful graphics.
Hi there! indeed! all the games also work on the ps3. I just wanted to play them via vita. Thanks for the recommendation, hehe, though I still have a lot of love for the first road rash, it's pure raw madness.

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just wanted to play them via vita.
Hmm... on second thought... very strange. Usually titles that don't work on psvita don't work on psp either. But that was before our friend discovered the gimmick of changing the game ID to a compatible one: since then I haven't found a title that didn't work, and that should also apply to the psvita: it's all about finding the appropriate ID. 😉

Reactions: Magician

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, would it be possible to fix these titles? and how? Thanks!

- Kartia: The world of Fate (SLUS00631) / glitched sprites

- Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire (SLPS00526) [english patched] / freezes at the end of the intro

- Road Rash (SLUS00035) / freezes at the start of the race in big game mode

The first Road Rash for PS1 on adrenaline needs to change from oficial settings disc load speed from normal to Fast.

Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I'll leave this here in case someone is looking for these fixes too. This has worked for me:

- Kartia: The world of Fate (SLUS00631): random glitched sprites/scenarios -> Convert the image region sector to JAP -> Build the .PBP with GameID: SLPS01343 (no need to change Main Game ID) -> Enjoy.

- Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire (SLPS00526) [english patched]: freezes at the end of the intro -> Build the .PBP with compression level set to 1 -> Enjoy.

- Road Rash (SLUS00035): freezes at the start of the race in big game mode -> go to official settings and set disc load speed from normal to Fast (credits to @Snowbro88 for the fix).

- Bust-a-Move 3DX: black screen -> Convert the image region sector to JAP -> Build the .PBP with GameID: SLPS01065 (no need to change Main Game ID) -> Enjoy.

- Time Commando (all regions): scrambled scenarios. This game is cursed. Use retroarch to play it.

Happy New Year y'all!

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll leave this here in case someone is looking for these fixes too. This has worked for me:

- Kartia: The world of Fate (SLUS00631): random glitched sprites/scenarios -> Convert the image region sector to JAP -> Build the .PBP with GameID: SLPS01343 (no need to change Main Game ID) -> Enjoy.

- Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire (SLPS00526) [english patched]: freezes at the end of the intro -> Build the .PBP with compression level set to 1 -> Enjoy.

- Road Rash (SLUS00035): freezes at the start of the race in big game mode -> go to official settings and set disc load speed from normal to Fast (credits to @Snowbro88 for the fix).

- Bust-a-Move 3DX: black screen -> Convert the image region sector to JAP -> Build the .PBP with GameID: SLPS01065 (no need to change Main Game ID) -> Enjoy.

- Time Commando (all regions): scrambled scenarios. This game is cursed. Use retroarch to play it.

Happy New Year y'all!
This is very good, most of the GAMEIDs that work come from problematic games that work after using the GAMEID of the same game but from another region. Usually these IDs are not just for the same game that ends up serving for others.

Examples:

Japanese IDs for:

Dragon Warrior VII
Resident Evil 2
Dino Crisis
Dragon Valor
Etc...

I intend to test, but I'm out of time right now, if anyone can test these IDs:

SLPS01343
SLPS01065

In other problematic games like:

MKT
Worms Armageddon
star wars ep1
Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time(Acceleration)
Monkey Hero (graphical errors)
Etc...

It will be of great help.

Thanks to @Magician for the collaboration.

Dumbfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @The_Ho Can you do the same treatment u did to Jade Cocoon to the undub version by swosho?
"It's in that place where I put that thing that time".

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi @The_Ho Can you do the same treatment u did to Jade Cocoon to the undub version by swosho?
"It's in that place where I put that thing that time".
Hello, a little while ago I left it there for Spike how to assemble:

""SetRegionGUI for JP and GAMEID: SLPS01724 PSX2PSP Compression 1
Translations often change core sectors, which can cause fixes like that to not work properly like in native games, but I took a look at the main sectors in this UNDUB, and it looks pretty clean, so I think it will work.""

But as I said, although the main sectors seem perfect, sometimes translated games may not work with the same method. But at first from what I saw it should work fine.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway you can get Ranma 1/2: Battle Renaissance to work on Adrenaline?

According to that Romantic site, it only works on Works on CFW 6.60 PRO with Popsloader 3.69.

Dumbfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

According to that Romantic site, it only works on Works on CFW 6.60 PRO with Popsloader 3.69.
I don't remember what problem it had. I tried playing the current eboot as is on PSP without popsloader and it worked.
Where does it crash for you?
Hello, a little while ago I left it there for Spike how to assemble:

""SetRegionGUI for JP and GAMEID: SLPS01724 PSX2PSP Compression 1
Translations often change core sectors, which can cause fixes like that to not work properly like in native games, but I took a look at the main sectors in this UNDUB, and it looks pretty clean, so I think it will work.""

But as I said, although the main sectors seem perfect, sometimes translated games may not work with the same method. But at first from what I saw it should work fine.
Added sorry i missed it.
I only changed the game ID not the main ID. i think it doesn't matter?
The game ID is the one used for saves so it will overwrite saves from other games using SLPS01724, right?

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't remember what problem it had. I tried playing the current eboot as is on PSP without popsloader and it worked.
Where does it crash for you?

Added sorry i missed it.
I only changed the game ID not the main ID. i think it doesn't matter?
The game ID is the one used for saves so it will overwrite saves from other games using SLPS01724, right?
On PSVita it will be ideal if you add an empty Disc2 as in the tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-9842659

On the PSP it's not necessary, you can use the save manager to select it, however if it seems confusing you can use the same method as the empty disk 2 and just don't select disk 2 or it will crash.
Post automatically merged:

What's wrong with this game in 6.61 Adrenaline?

ciarli-b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did someone manage to get music works in Need for Speed 3: high stakes?
I tried to use the Jap gameid of the same game and to use puzzle bobble 3 dx and bio hazard 2 gameid with no success, unfortunately. Tried also to use other pops on my PSP but nothing.
Maybe also need for speed 4 has the same problem. It's a pity, because soundtrack of those games is wonderful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.