MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mercluke said:
just posting a little snippet from some stuff soulanger has said...

SHRINK MODE:
"An unannounced feature in MENUdo.
A unique feature that allows you to multitask on MENUdo by pressing the L button anytime you want on the main menu, etc. On shrink mode you are able to access features such as shrinked version of -secret app-, -secret app-, and -secret app-. The top screen will contain the feature called "Whiteboard". The Whiteboard can contain short notes and drawings. Which can be easily accessed anytime with the help of the shrink feature.

NOTE: Multitasking is much like how MoonShell/MoonShell2 multitasks where you can play music and look at picture or play music or even navigate through the menu. But hopefully with less lag then MoonShell's."
This feature's been in the works for quite some time now, hasn't it? I remember when Soul was telling me about it, before he made the name Shrink official.

EDIT: Once MENUdo is released, expect a huge review on it (longer than my Sakura review by a long shot) on Skyline Reviews. You'll all get in the know on all the features (Soul, you might have to help me out by telling me them all come release time so I don't skip any
tongue.gif
) and I'll give my final verdict on MENUdo itself.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
mercluke said:
just posting a little snippet from some stuff soulanger has said...

SHRINK MODE:
"An unannounced feature in MENUdo.
A unique feature that allows you to multitask on MENUdo by pressing the L button anytime you want on the main menu, etc. On shrink mode you are able to access features such as shrinked version of -secret app-, -secret app-, and -secret app-. The top screen will contain the feature called "Whiteboard". The Whiteboard can contain short notes and drawings. Which can be easily accessed anytime with the help of the shrink feature.

NOTE: Multitasking is much like how MoonShell/MoonShell2 multitasks where you can play music and look at picture or play music or even navigate through the menu. But hopefully with less lag then MoonShell's."
This feature's been in the works for quite some time now, hasn't it? I remember when Soul was telling me about it, before he made the name Shrink official.

EDIT: Once MENUdo is released, expect a huge review on it (longer than my Sakura review by a long shot) on Skyline Reviews. You'll all get in the know on all the features (Soul, you might have to help me out by telling me them all come release time so I don't skip any
tongue.gif
) and I'll give my final verdict on MENUdo itself.

QUOTE(BoxShot @ Jun 16 2009, 08:05 PM)
biggrin.gif
I look forward to reading that.

Skyline, BoxShot, when it's released you can find all the information about MENUdo in one easy to use Wiki-like site. Me, Merc and Fgg are currently in the process of documenting MENUdo features on the official MENUdo stuff
biggrin.gif
More about that when it's released. The GBATempers will be one of the first groups to know of the release and the site name when MENUdo is released and the site is public. (Currently it's locked down to the beta users)

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Alato said:
Hmm, about how big is MENUdo gonna be?

i answered this earlier in the thread but due to the constant development, size is always changing.
your guess for the final size is just as valid as soul's
tongue.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
everyone loves it.
except for some menudo bashers.
You can't just call the ones that are not supporting menudo "bashers."
Just think about it.
All people see is this process being repeated:
1. Set a release date
2. Add new feature
3. New feature doesn't work or it makes something else go wrong
4. Push release date
5. Fix new feature
6. Life related stuff
7. Push release date again
8. Repeat
I do not want to discourage soulanger or "bash" menudo.
I used to be one of the others who supported this, but after I've seen these steps being repeated over and over, I'm not even excited about this anymore.
It's probably how normmatt also feels too.

And also, this is a note to some people who do not understand an important point.
Some people need to learn that this is not a "new firmware."
It's just a replacement for carts with an ugly menu like the R4. Yes, it has all these features and stuff, but I can't see why people are comparing it to AKAIO, which is a ROM compatible complete firmware.
Menudo is just an alternative menu which loads rom through something like ysmenu, which is why you can't call it a flashcart firmware.
People who are bashing normmatt and calling AKAIO shit needs to grow up and learn.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
i truly agree with u psycho.
people reeeeealy need to control their patience.
like i said a few pages back, u need to think what ur typing before posting.
no one cares about "OMG I LOVE MENUDO" or "OMG IM GONNA GUN DOWN UR MUM IF U DONT IMPROVE AKAIO" or even "FUCK YOU SOULANGER! I DONT CARE ABOUT MENUDO! IT SUCKS BALLS"
we DONT NEED TO KNOW!!!!
please.
put some thought into what ur posting

EDIT: oh wait...ur talking 2 me?
xD
sorry bout that
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
psycoblaster said:
And also, this is a note to some people who do not understand an important point.
It's just a replacement for carts with an ugly menu like the R4. Yes, it has all these features and stuff, but I can't see why people are comparing it to AKAIO, which is a ROM compatible complete firmware.
Menudo is just an alternative menu which loads rom through something like ysmenu, which is why you can't call it a flashcart firmware.
People who are bashing normmatt and calling AKAIO shit needs to grow up and learn.
On the contrary, psyco, Soul has confirmed that this will be a firmware replacement for one card, complete with ROM loading. For all others, it's a menu alternative, like you said. For those other cards, it'll be ysmenu compatible, but for one card, as I said, ROM loading will be built-in.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
psycoblaster said:
On the contrary, psyco, Soul has confirmed that this will be a firmware replacement for one card, complete with ROM loading. For all others, it's a menu alternative, like you said. For those other cards, it'll be ysmenu compatible, but for one card, as I said, ROM loading will be built-in.
I'm telling you, that will be another reason why the release date will be pushed again. It's all part of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1