PS5-exclusive title 'Returnal' to launch on PC next month

returnal PC.JPG

Sony has provided a date for when PC gamers will be able to experience the PS5 console exclusive title Returnal. To accompany the announcement, a new features trailer was aired:

The PC version of Returnal will support Raytracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA NIS, AMD FSR, as well as the wide resolution formats, Ultrawide at 21:9 and Super Ultrawide 32:9. Recommended PC specs were also made available with the announcement:

returnal specs.JPG

Returnal will launch on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store this February 15.

:arrow: SOURCE

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't want to be a party pooper, but this game is probably the worst designed game I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
Unless you're good at twitch shooters (which I'll admit, I'm not) prepare to see the same boring bland environment time and time again. I think I clocked about 10 hours on the ps5 and then put it away because I just couldn't be half arsed to go through the first zone again, which mind you takes anywhere between 25 and 45 minutes to get through... I got to the red desert zone, got stuck inside a stupid trap with some goop on the ground that for some freakin' reason kept hitting me (???????) and I couldn't get out of it and died, TWICE, because I had the astronaut figurine that grants you an extra life. I love hard games, but this is just a garbage title that padded out its play time by forcing you to trial and error everything you see.

That being said, I'm selling a physical copy of this garbage for PS5 :rofl2:

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hmm, rough requirements. Might be able to push for 60fps on Low-Medium, with occasional dips in the framerate.
If this is the standard for PS5-only games, I might need to upgrade my entire rig soon.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to be a party pooper, but this game is probably the worst designed game I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
Unless you're good at twitch shooters (which I'll admit, I'm not) prepare to see the same boring bland environment time and time again. I think I clocked about 10 hours on the ps5 and then put it away because I just couldn't be half arsed to go through the first zone again, which mind you takes anywhere between 25 and 45 minutes to get through... I got to the red desert zone, got stuck inside a stupid trap with some goop on the ground that for some freakin' reason kept hitting me (???????) and I couldn't get out of it and died, TWICE, because I had the astronaut figurine that grants you an extra life. I love hard games, but this is just a garbage title that padded out its play time by forcing you to trial and error everything you see.

That being said, I'm selling a physical copy of this garbage for PS5 :rofl2:
Please explain why this game is garbage. I beat the game in 30 hours. Have you ever played a rogue like game before? I am not saying this was the best game in the world, but I would give it a solid 7/10. You are meant to die a fair bit, I died plenty. It does feel rather rewarding when you kill a boss as that saves your progression.

Reactions: Phearoz and eternal

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony loses another one to PC

You do know Sony (the publisher of this game) has a policy now of porting more games to PC after a period of timed exclusivity (with exceptions)?

no profit if i don't buy a ps5

Whilst they will lose a cut of revenue to Valve/Epic, they are still as I said the publisher, so they still get revenue/profit from the sale of the game.

Given that it’s been two years, I doubt this will have a significant impact on PS5 sales.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please explain why this game is garbage. I beat the game in 30 hours. Have you ever played a rogue like game before? I am not saying this was the best game in the world, but I would give it a solid 7/10. You are meant to die a fair bit, I died plenty. It does feel rather rewarding when you kill a boss as that saves your progression.
Im really hoping the game isn't as hard as those old 2d shmups like bullet hell. I was able to get far in some of those but never actually beat one, but trying a 3-d one? I want to see if I can do it... Blakejansen do you think the 30 hours was worth it? :O
:ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol